PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian's Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bogus "oh you TOUCHED his helmet" penalty is called league-wide. It's the most absurd example of why making rules with 0 subjective reasoning is almost always stupid in practice.

So well said.

That bogus "oh you TOUCHED his helmet" penalty is called league-wide. It's the most absurd example of why making rules with 0 subjective reasoning is almost always stupid in practice.

Like the Tuck Rule? By every normal measure, Brady fumbled. But the rule is worded such that the refs couldn't make a judgment. They got the call right *according to the letter of the law*, but if they were given even a little room to make a judgment, the Pats don't beat Oakland that year.

Like the Tuck Rule? By every normal measure, Brady fumbled. But the rule is worded such that the refs couldn't make a judgment. They got the call right *according to the letter of the law*, but if they were given even a little room to make a judgment, the Pats don't beat Oakland that year.

The Colts had their gimme in the 2006 AFCCG. The forehead wouldn't have a ring without that call. I've no sympathy left.

The Colts had their gimme in the 2006 AFCCG. The forehead wouldn't have a ring without that call. I've no sympathy left.

I hear you. I'm not sticking up for the Colts. Just reminding people that the Pats have had a few of these breaks go their way.

Though, to be honest, it hasn't happened much the past 4-5 years. :mad:

Not sure what your point is in reference to my post you quoted.

But do you remember Mike Vrabel hitting Warner in the helmet on Ty Law's pick six in the Super Bowl? Most Pats fans don't, but it was every bit as forceful as the blow to Brady's helmet in the Raider game. It also wasn't called.

YouTube - Super Bowl Classics-Super Bowl 36

The play begins at the 0:19 mark. Watch Vrabel smack Warner in the head.

I was shocked when it wasn't called. Total game changer.

Funny, an Eagles fan who I work with never noticed these kind of calls until yesterday when his team was almost victimized by it. I told him I was shocked Indy didn't get a game winning drive when they called a penalty on Asante for illegal intercepting of the ball.

Funny, an Eagles fan who I work with never noticed these kind of calls until yesterday when his team was almost victimized by it. I told him I was shocked Indy didn't get a game winning drive when they called a penalty on Asante for illegal intercepting of the ball.

Pretty much only fans of AFC South teams and the Pats notice. Those are the only teams that play the Colts every year.

Last edited:

As a longtime watcher of Pats-Clts, I was totally shocked to see Manning go into the end zone on three consecutive plays, and tightly covered incompletes, and NO PI calls. Just shocking really.

I hear you. I'm not sticking up for the Colts. Just reminding people that the Pats have had a few of these breaks go their way.

Though, to be honest, it hasn't happened much the past 4-5 years. :mad:

Actually, the "tuck rule" comes into play probably 5 or 6 times every year.

Yes,,told you,, i know my Football and i did say that Collie's hit was legal and a fumble. His injury accidental,,now Colts are saying same thing and no fines for the hit. Now do i get a cookie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick