PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian's Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr3putt

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
How many ways can the Zebras save Peyton?
I am sick of this ridiculous bias

trent cole breathed on peyton. . . gotta throw the flag

there was a eagle's player on the field at the same time peyton was trying to throw for a TD .......it should be a flag

If the end of that game were a movie, it would have gone like this.

Michael Vick looked over his shoulder. Manning was in hot pursuit. He could see the end of the alley. He huffed and puffed and turned the corner, only to find himself surrounded by referees.
"Its the end of the line Mike." Polian and Goodell emerged from teh shadows, smoking Havanas.
"You!" Vick snarled. "You've betrayed us!" Goodell afforded him a thin smile.
"Destroy the rebel scum." The zebras began to close in. Vick did a double take, and then smiled. He ran off the pavement and stood in the street.
Screeching tires and an open door greeted Vick. He bounded into Asante's getaway car and sped off.
"You win this time." Goodell's cigar went out as he turned and barked out orders. In time, he thought. In time I will make this city my own.

In honor of PATSNUTme and the same ref out there tonight:

ColtsRef_bigger.JPG

That bogus "oh you TOUCHED his helmet" penalty is called league-wide. It's the most absurd example of why making rules with 0 subjective reasoning is almost always stupid in practice.

Brought back memories of the bs tap on the helmet on TBC on colts game winning drive vs pats in AFCCG.

Brought back memories of the bs tap on the helmet on TBC on colts game winning drive vs pats in AFCCG.

I remember the blow to Brady's helmet in the Tuck Rule play in the Snow Game. Not called.

Last edited:
That bogus "oh you TOUCHED his helmet" penalty is called league-wide. It's the most absurd example of why making rules with 0 subjective reasoning is almost always stupid in practice.

It's hard to control your arm motion when you are being pulled down by the back of your jersey. Did anyone else see the blatant holding? You'd think if the ref is able to see the helmet touch, he'd notice that the guy is being dragged down the offensive lineman.

It's hard to control your arm motion when you are being pulled down by the back of your jersey. Did anyone else see the blatant holding? You'd think if the ref is able to see the helmet touch, he'd notice that the guy is being dragged down the offensive lineman.

Learn the game before posting
It's not holding if it's the Colts

the worst call ever, the Hobbs call in the 06 AFCCG.

I didn't watch that game. But I saw the clip of the helmet touch penalty. Rediculous. Looked like he went for the strip but brushed the helmet.

I was watching the end of that game with my dad and when it looked like the Colts were done, but there was a flag on the ground, I tapped him on the shoulder and said "Watch the refs make something up to keep indy in the game." They did. Indy still lost! :)

I turned the game off at half time, still taking in the loss at Clevland,,,but i was like no point to watch this game till 3am in the morning here at home, coz its obvious the Refs will give the game to Peyton. I was so so so stunned by one call in first half....the one where the Receiver ran into a defender holding his ground and ofcourse out came the PI call !!! Same bogus call that was called against us last year in Indy, when PM was facing 3rd and long. Even Phil Simms i think said on tv that the defender was standing his ground and kinda was curious on the call !! Well Phil its the Colts, and thats what they do. I know they lost, but i dont see those calls in other games,,,only when Manning is playing. I was sad about Collie's injury,,,but guess what....he had control of the ball took 2 steps forward and no way was that a hemet to helmet hit,,and even if it was, the rule allows it because he was a receiver with full control of the ball. That was a fumble and the injury was accidental. Hope he gets well soon and that throw by Manning got him into trouble. What else do you expect in the middle of the defense. This is getting out of control,,,,doesnt anyone see it ?

Gpodell and his zebras are ruining the game.

The rules are what they are, and he lightly hit his helmet... it was the right call according to the rules.

I turned the game off at half time, still taking in the loss at Clevland,,,but i was like no point to watch this game till 3am in the morning here at home, coz its obvious the Refs will give the game to Peyton. I was so so so stunned by one call in first half....the one where the Receiver ran into a defender holding his ground and ofcourse out came the PI call !!! Same bogus call that was called against us last year in Indy, when PM was facing 3rd and long. Even Phil Simms i think said on tv that the defender was standing his ground and kinda was curious on the call !! Well Phil its the Colts, and thats what they do. I know they lost, but i dont see those calls in other games,,,only when Manning is playing. I was sad about Collie's injury,,,but guess what....he had control of the ball took 2 steps forward and no way was that a hemet to helmet hit,,and even if it was, the rule allows it because he was a receiver with full control of the ball. That was a fumble and the injury was accidental. Hope he gets well soon and that throw by Manning got him into trouble. What else do you expect in the middle of the defense. This is getting out of control,,,,doesnt anyone see it ?

Abdul, my only suggestion is to stop watching football, because the Refs are told that if there is any doubt in their mind, throw the flag. Your going to see calls like that all the time.

It's just like at the goal line, the way they make the rules, the rule is that even if only 1% of your mind thinks the ball broke the plane, then give the TD. I think the only possible solution to help the refs, theres so many bad calls in every game, not just Colt ones, lets be fair, is to use replay on every questionable play, whether it be hits, PI, whatever.

Theres no perfect solution but thats the best i can think off.

Last edited:
Yes, this is a terrible rule, but it is indeed the rule. The play was an obvious violation and should have been called.

I remember the blow to Brady's helmet in the Tuck Rule play in the Snow Game. Not called.

But do you remember Mike Vrabel hitting Warner in the helmet on Ty Law's pick six in the Super Bowl? Most Pats fans don't, but it was every bit as forceful as the blow to Brady's helmet in the Raider game. It also wasn't called.

YouTube - Super Bowl Classics-Super Bowl 36

The play begins at the 0:19 mark. Watch Vrabel smack Warner in the head.

I thought I was watching an NBA game with all the star treatment & makeup-calls. Most went in Indy's favor, naturally, given they have the biggest star of all.

That was a really ugly game for the officials. Just inept, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents