PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please use Ochocinco over Edelman in the offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ochocinco was wide open most of the game last time the Patriots played the Giants, Brady missed him in the endzone and then over threw him on a number of occasions later in the game.

He showed in that game he can beat the Giants man to man defense they will use, stick him in the game and just have him run a go or deep post all game long even if he doesn't get open he's dragging at least 1 DB down field with him :p

This is exactly how I feel. We lost to the Giants and Steelers because they lined up man to man effectively. One of Ochocinco's greatest traits is the ability to beat one on one coverage and I too remember him doing it all day on the Giants. Brady missed him a few times including one on third down I believe.

Now I'm not expecting him to finally have a good game like I've wanted every week thus far, but I would not be surprised if he has maybe like 7 receptions for like 65 yards and a TD. I think he could be utilized as a legitimate weapon against man coverage

What is it that makes fans think that a receiver who hasn't caught very much this season and was a healthy scratch for the Ravens will be doing much of anything in the S.B.? When do we stop waiting for Ocho to break out? There is one more game to play and it is probably not going to be his breakout game. I've been wating and waiting and waiting. I like the guy but this is not happening. Not now, that's a fantasy.

Probably when they stop running Slater, edelman, and underwood out there who combined have less production. At least when Chad plays he gets open. I like Edelman more on defense. He's scrappy, tenacious, and willing to deliver a blow.

This is exactly how I feel. We lost to the Giants and Steelers because they lined up man to man effectively. One of Ochocinco's greatest traits is the ability to beat one on one coverage and I too remember him doing it all day on the Giants. Brady missed him a few times including one on third down I believe.

Now I'm not expecting him to finally have a good game like I've wanted every week thus far, but I would not be surprised if he has maybe like 7 receptions for like 65 yards and a TD. I think he could be utilized as a legitimate weapon against man coverage

I'd be thrilled with two catches for 18 yards, as long as the defense was the least bit concerned.

That INT was on Brady not Edelman. He underthrew that ball. He should have gone somewhere else with the ball. Brady made some bad decisions on top of some bad throws. But really, we freaking won and have two weeks to correct the mistakes we made.

But to the OP, I agree that we should have Ocho out there. For all the flak he gets, whenever he is out on the field, I see him beat his man-coverage for the most part. We could have used someone like him yesterday to stretch the field and open up the middle a bit better.

Ocho having a breakout game in the Super Bowl and be one of the main factors in us winning would be an awesome way to end the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore