PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoffs Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck to the Saints Pherein.

if only I could stop thinking about owning your first rd pick then I could possibly even cheer for you guys.

:D

Great post as always and best of luck to your Saints as well....

As always Pherein, you demonstrate class, paradoxically making the Saints one of my favorite teams in the NFC, while hoping the Pats don't see them in the Super Bowl.

Thanks for the wishes and best wishes to you and yours.

:eat3:

Hey Pherein,

Normally I dislike other fans coming here and interrupting our commiserating or celebrating patriots issues, but you're one pretty cool dude in my book. Not because of your nice wishes for us, but more because you usually call it how it is. You seem unbiased overall, unless its something about your Saints, but aren't we all when it comes to our team? ;-).

Hopefully we see you in Indiana.

..you mean hopefully we don't see them in Indy. Brees is a freakin surgeon. He'll carve us up faster than Rex Ryan's Thanksgiving turkey.

As usual, a classy comment from a classy poster.

The Niners and the Pack are gonna be tough but if anyone can beat them it's the Saints. Also a big Brees fan. Let's say as a fan base we are both very fortunate these days, and let's hope for some great football from our teams in the weeks ahead!

I would love a Patriots/Saints SB. It would be a fun shootout!

Thanks for the nice post Pherein. Good luck to you and your boys too! I think your team will pull out wins this week and next and be in the Superbowl. That offense and Brees are something to watch!

Good luck on Saturday, and my best to Patriots fans. We talk all season about the in’s and out’s, weaknesses and strengths. Myths and reality, seems more prevalent this week, but I know you love your boys , and want them to win.
It’s so hard to play week to week, and the playoffs are compounded. It should be an honor just to make it. I know many teams that just want the chance, and never get it.
We were one of those teams. But, even if your better sometimes your one and done.
Well, here you are again, because of the best QB in football, that should be MVP, and a hall of fame coach.
Cant tell you how much we are impressed with Brady this season. He’s fighting so hard and with less than we enjoy for weapons or defense. You should be so proud of him.

And you as fans should be commended for this season. You stick and believe. You fight and are rational. You give the little guy a chance and take nothing for granted. Your truly amazing, and fun to be with.

No matter what happens , thank you, for being so kind.

We believe in you. Wether you are 24 pts behind, we will always believe in your boys.
Only a team makes it this far. You have that and so much more.
You will fight
You will win
You will be very proud
Tom Brady- Champion - YouTube

No one can play the game for your boys, just have faith, and enjoy watching them play for you. But, they are champions already and fought to this point for you. Know they will do their best.

Best of Luck to The New England Patriots and their fans, and all the best to your families.

Because of a quality poster/person pherein is, I am rooting hard for the Saints this weekend.

I would hate a Patriots Saints Superbowl. If we lost I'd never hear the frigging end of it.

Thanks for the post, pherein. Honestly the vibe I'm getting from the Saints fans I know is that there's no way in hell they're losing this game. I tend to agree. They're almost overconfident but then again they have reason to be having dropped 45 points 3 (or is it 4?) weeks in a row. That and they constantly whine about not getting any respect from the national media, I think New Orleans needs better local sports coverage? I don't ever watch ESPN because I have the Boston radio stations on my iphone and NESN and CSN New England on directv so I wouldn't even know if we get coverage but it seems like the Saints fans I know have a need for these talking heads to give them props every week.

You've got way too much time on your hands buddy.

Anyone else here post stuff like this on another team's board? Especially out of conference, I know I couldn't give less of a **** about any teams from the NFC.

Good luck to the final 8 in their games. Hope Saints make it to the NFCCG to represent. Classy organization...Payton and BB are friends since the Pro Bowl a few years back and I think they even shared a pre season practice together to get their teams ready for the regular season.

"When he was asked about Saints coach Sean Payton today, Belichick leaned back on his time in Hawaii (left) to disclose how the two got to know each other."

“We got a chance to spend some time together under less pressure hanging out at the Pro Bowl,” Belichick said in a conference call with New Orleans reporters. “It’s not a regular season or playoff type of game, so I got to know him well and we spent a lot of time together. I think he’s a really sincere guy that comes from the heart. There’s not a lot of fluff and B.S. on top of it. He’s really down to earth, humble, sincere and a man that I really respect. I respected what they did in that season. I respect what they do now.”

Saints had their playoff disappointment last year - reloaded with one of the best offensive weapons in the league, and Brees just keeps getting better. Like the Patriots, these are likely the best Saints years we'll ever see - sorry SF, but the 49ers glory years won't include this one.

Best of luck to the Saints and hopefully you and yours will continue to have an enjoyable post season here, all the way to Indy - where maybe we can have an epic showdown of Pats + Saints, may the best team win.

You've got way too much time on your hands buddy.

Anyone else here post stuff like this on another team's board? Especially out of conference, I know I couldn't give less of a **** about any teams from the NFC.

He's a regular here. He contributes every week in Pats related talk, and is very well liked by our forum.

I would love a Patriots/Saints SB. It would be a fun shootout!

With the addition of Sproles, it would be very hard to stop either the run or the pass vs the Saints. This isn't Reggie Bush anymore.

I will take our chances with any of the other 3 teams just fine, but I honestly would feel quite leery of beating the 2011 Saints team-- in an Indy dome to boot.

Good luck on Saturday, and my best to Patriots fans. We talk all season about the in’s and out’s, weaknesses and strengths. Myths and reality, seems more prevalent this week, but I know you love your boys , and want them to win.
It’s so hard to play week to week, and the playoffs are compounded. It should be an honor just to make it. I know many teams that just want the chance, and never get it.
We were one of those teams. But, even if your better sometimes your one and done.
Well, here you are again, because of the best QB in football, that should be MVP, and a hall of fame coach.
Cant tell you how much we are impressed with Brady this season. He’s fighting so hard and with less than we enjoy for weapons or defense. You should be so proud of him.

And you as fans should be commended for this season. You stick and believe. You fight and are rational. You give the little guy a chance and take nothing for granted. Your truly amazing, and fun to be with.

We believe in you. Wether you are 24 pts behind, we will always believe in your boys.
You will fight
You will win
You will be very proud

No one can play the game for your boys, just have faith, and enjoy watching them play for you. But, they are champions already and fought to this point for you. Know they will do their best.

Best of Luck to The New England Patriots and their fans, and all the best to your families.

Well this is awkward, I don't know how to break this to you so I'll just say it:
I am rooting for San Fran. :eek:
I'm sorry.
It's just... ah. You see, well, as much as I like the Saints... it's not you, it's me. I just think it'd be better if we (The Patriots) were to go to Indy by ourselves and you know, see who else is out there.
Brees threw for like a million yards, so you know, you have that going for you. I just think maybe people would make it all about drama and stuff if we showed up together and with this whole "Tebow" thing going on, I think it's best for everyone if we just kinda fly under the radar for a while.
Again, you're awesome and we respect you as a team, and your mom is really nice and all, but we just don't think we'll be good together.
Maybe if things settle down or something we'll give you a call.:cool:

Well this is awkward, I don't know how to break this to you so I'll just say it:
I am rooting for San Fran. :eek:
I'm sorry.
It's just... ah. You see, well, as much as I like the Saints... it's not you, it's me. I just think it'd be better if we (The Patriots) were to go to Indy by ourselves and you know, see who else is out there.
Brees threw for like a million yards, so you know, you have that going for you. I just think maybe people would make it all about drama and stuff if we showed up together and with this whole "Tebow" thing going on, I think it's best for everyone if we just kinda fly under the radar for a while.
Again, you're awesome and we respect you as a team, and your mom is really nice and all, but we just don't think we'll be good together.
Maybe if things settle down or something we'll give you a call.:cool:

Why do I feel like you just broke up with me,lol j/k

Last edited:
Hey Pherein,

Thanks for the post sorry about the loss, caught it on nfln(the very end that is), what an epic but dreadful ending. I had to go to the store and missed the last 2 minutes of that game and 1st qtr of ours. You must of jumped up and screamed 'YES", "NO", "YES", "NO" within 5 minute span. The way SF's O was playing I thought that initial 1 point deficit was a game ender, lmao.

It'd really be nice to see the Saints get another championship, well if we don't get it that is.:p

Very nice post as usual, Thanks again and see you in the game threads tomorrow possibly.

Hey Pherein,

Sorry about the loss friend. I ain't gonna lie though, having the Saints "out" of the picture in not something I will lament too long. There was no other team I feared as much as the Saints in a possible SB match up. Brees and your dynamic offense would have likely carved up our d like last time.

Thanks for the well wishes and I (for one) appreciate your sentiments.

Thanks for the good wishes pherein.
Sorry about your Saints losing yesteray in what was one of the best playoff games I've ever seen.
What a game!!!
Those TO's killed your team. The cool thing about teams with franchise QB's is that our teams are in the running just about every year. Your Saints will be back and challenging for the SB next year. Best of luck to you pherein. Don't be a stranger.

Last edited:
As unbelievable as that game was (and I was sort of rooting for SF, out of fear of the Saints, lol) I did think of you and how absolutely hideous the end must have been for you. :( We know that kicked in the gut in the last seconds feeling better than anyone. Sure don't wish it on a cool fan like you.

Stick around here and help us cheer the Pats, if you like. We love having you around!

Really sorry about the Saints.....You are a great fan and a really good person. We are lucky to have you here!

You will fight
You will win
You will be very proud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back