PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Predictions and Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
SF is 11-3 and beat both NO and GB. So if they beat Seattle they’ll finish 13-3 and win tiebreakers over NO and GB. Those two teams don’t need to lose. SF just has to win their next two, including at Seattle.
I don’t think they will beat Seattle

Sf and Seattle play each other. Sf has the tie breaker over GB.

I don't think the tie breakers will come into play for the 49ers or the Seahawks. The loser of that game will probably fall to #5 unless the Vikings beat GB, which I don't think will happen.

In the end I don't really care though. It's the NFC.

All I care about:

Patriots over Ravens in the Tom Brady invitational.

Patriots over Saints - SB!

One optimistic thought for the Patriots.

Those Jets of 09 and 10 had absolutely no business making the AFCCG. Darrelle Revis made an even bigger impact in the postseason, as having such a lockdown stud like him allowed coordinators to come up with some great game plans. Gilmore and Belichick certainly have the potential to do some serious damage themselves.

I don't think the tie breakers will come into play for the 49ers or the Seahawks. The loser of that game will probably fall to #5 unless the Vikings beat GB, which I don't think will happen.

In the end I don't really care though. It's the NFC.
The loser of that game had to drop to 5. 2nd place in a division cannot be higher than 5.

If Houston wins out and the Chiefs lose one of the next two (at Chicago, home for Chargers, so unlikely but possible) then the Chiefs drop to the 4 seed.

If both Houston and KC win round 1, then KC plays Baltimore in round 2 and Houston comes to New England.

I think KC is capable of beating Baltimore, which if we won too, gives us HFA vs KC in the AFC Championship game.

Would love to see a miracle of the Browns and Steelers both beating the Ravens giving us a way to avoid at least one of KC-Bal on the way back to the SB.

Would love to see a miracle of the Browns and Steelers both beating the Ravens giving us a way to avoid at least one of KC-Bal on the way back to the SB.

I think the scenario I outlined just above is more realistic. Root for Chicago to take down KC this weekend, probably the best chance!

(Unfortunately the best chance is still not very good).

Well, it would be pretty cool if the Pats could beat both KC and Bal on the way back. Tall order, I know, but would make for the best story/braggin' rights, etc.

Well, it would be pretty cool if the Pats could beat both KC and Bal on the way back. Tall order, I know, but would make for the best story/braggin' rights, etc.

That's what I'm rooting for, we need a signature win or two to cement the dynasty and give BB and Brady a final push so they can get into the HOF. :D

But seriously, I would like another shot at those two teams.

I don’t know if it would top 2004 -nearly shutting out a record breaking Colts offense and then hanging 34 on the #1 defense in the league on the road and then beating an Eagles team that imo was better than the one we lost to in SBLII.... but it would be close I think.

If Houston wins out and the Chiefs lose one of the next two (at Chicago, home for Chargers, so unlikely but possible) then the Chiefs drop to the 4 seed.

If both Houston and KC win round 1, then KC plays Baltimore in round 2 and Houston comes to New England.

I think KC is capable of beating Baltimore, which if we won too, gives us HFA vs KC in the AFC Championship game.

Okay, I hope and pray you're right. That would be awesome. Conversly, the opposite & miserable version of this is still possible...

Somehow, some miserable way Buffalo wins this weekend
KC wins out

KC is now #2, NE #3.

Playoffs would then go something like

#6 @ NE (I'm guessing Pittsburgh)
#5 Buf @hou

I would then wager:
NE@ KC
Hou @ Baltimore

Yes, we won in Arrowhead last year, but I do not like our odds in this scenario. I hope it turns out the way you described instead.

Okay, I hope and pray you're right. That would be awesome. Conversly, the opposite & miserable version of this is still possible...

Somehow, some miserable way Buffalo wins this weekend
KC wins out

KC is now #2, NE #3.

Playoffs would then go something like

#6 @ NE (I'm guessing Pittsburgh)
#5 Buf @hou

I would then wager:
NE@ KC
Hou @ Baltimore

Yes, we won in Arrowhead last year, but I do not like our odds in this scenario. I hope it turns out the way you described instead.
I don’t know that they beat the Chiefs either way unless they get some type of identity on offense, but it would be nice to beat Pittsburgh again in yet another postseason situation.

NE really got screwed by Houston’s stupid loss to Denver since that pretty much guaranteed NE will have to play KC and BAL in succession (assuming NE gets #2) rather than KC and BAL playing each other on Divisional weekend.

NE really got screwed by Houston’s stupid loss to Denver since that pretty much guaranteed NE will have to play KC and BAL in succession (assuming NE gets #2) rather than KC and BAL playing each other on Divisional weekend.

Probably but this is the Patriots. Somehow they’ll get the weaker opponent, the Ravens will lose, and the competition committee will talk about re-seeding based on record all offseason, declaring this to be unfair. Power of Patriots to destroy NFL’s collective brain supersedes likely on-field results between other teams.

Assuming the Steelers earn the final AFC berth...the playoff QB's for the AFC will be:

Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, DeShaun Watson, Josh Allen, and Delvin Hodges.

All are a combined 1-3 in the playoffs.

DeShaun Watson leads the bunch with 37 career games (will be 39 on wild card weekend).

Tom Brady has played 40 post-season games......FORTY! And has 29 more playoff wins than all 5 QB's combined.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes