PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players released by other teams whom you'd like to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Forsett as well; he'd be a great addition here and I like Cecil Shorts as well.
+1

Think Shorts would excel in this offense. And having him as wr5 mitigates his biggest risk which is injury. And Forsett would be great vet depth.

Not a fan of Shorts for our system. He doesn't bring anything new to the table we don't already have. Watch the tape and read scouting reports on him. Lacks size lacks top end speed, doesn't have any big play ability

I want us to go after wide receivers with top end speed and preferably good size. A deep threat opens up the field and creates mismatches undernearth

We do not need anymore shifty short WRs . We should be looking to expand this offense.

Last edited:
Seahawks cuts were release to press somewhat late. There were a few surprises (first three were all starters, at least part time, last year).

DT Jordan Hill - talented but motivation questionable at times and they apparently tired of his minor injuries this preseason.

FB Will Tukuafu - Pats aren't really in the market for a FB but this guy is a 290 lb beast.

DB Marcus Burley - Lots of anger on Hawks message boards about Burley getting cut. Has minor injury.
----------------------------------------
Troymaine Pope - UDFA RB who lit it up this preseason. Nice story, seems like a BB type of player. Outplayed Alex Collins but they kept Collins mainly because he was drafted and they didn't think that Collins would make it to their PS. They are hoping/praying that Pope makes it to their PS. Would love it if BB swooped in and gave him a better offer. Only 5'9" but a solid 205 and shifty as hell.

Impressive stats at Jacksonville State as senior last year:

CARRIES 218
YDS 1788
YPGV119.2
YPC 8.2
TD 19

Last edited:
From this group I would consider Hankerson the most likely to wind up in NE. IIRC, the team released him late last year with hopes of going unclaimed.

I wonder if the plan is to stick with tight ends as 'big pass catchers' and proceed with what the team has at wide receiver, or bring somebody in after an interview process with hopes that they can learn the Patriots' way of reading the defense and adjusting the route accordingly. Right now Chris Hogan is the Pats' biggest wideout.

Tight Ends:
6-6, 275 -- Martellus Bennett
6-6, 265 -- Rob Gronkowski
6-5, 255 -- AJ Derby
6-3, 240 -- Clay Harbor

Wide Receivers:
6-1, 210 -- Chris Hogan
6-1, 200 -- Malcolm Mitchell
5-10, 200 -- Julian Edelman
5-11, 190 -- Danny Amendola

FWIW, some Free Agent Wide Receivers
:
6-4, 227 -- Moritz Böhringer
6-4, 207 -- Keyarris Garrett
6-2, 217 -- Jarrett Boykin
6-2, 216 -- Geremy Davis
6-0, 202 -- Cecil Shorts
5-10, 177 -- Daniel Braverman

Also some veteran receivers, most that have not been with any team for a while:
6-4, 225 -- Marques Colston (age 33)
6-3, 214 -- Riley Cooper (age 28)
6-2, 222 -- Dwayne Bowe (age 31)
6-2, 211 -- Leonard Hankerson (age 27; was with the Pats for a minute in 2015)
6-2, 200 -- Brian Hartline (age 29)
6-1, 210 -- Justin Blackmon (age 26; still suspended?)
6-1, 208 -- Hakeem Nicks (age 28)
6-1, 185 -- Nate Washington (age 33; second chance once healthy?)
6-0, 211 -- Roddy White (age 34)
6-0, 210 -- Brandon Gibson (age 29; on IR in 2015 with Pats)
5-11, 190 -- Devin Hester (age 33)

Is there any chance we could go a year without people moaning for a "tall" receiver and a "downfield threat?"

We're not recreating the Moss era and Brady has never excelled at the deep game excepting those years. The Pats are routinely a top -3 offense anyway. If getting that deep-ball guy is not a priority for the coaching staff, they must not think it's very important.

I wonder if the plan is to stick with tight ends as 'big pass catchers' and proceed with what the team has at wide receiver, or bring somebody in after an interview process with hopes that they can learn the Patriots' way of reading the defense and adjusting the route accordingly. Right now Chris Hogan is the Pats' biggest wideout.
Regardless of if they find another WR or not that is still pretty much the plan.

As you state the 2TEs give us great size and Hogan is a little bigger than most realize. If we are in 2TE 1RB then Edelman is the only one under 6ft.

These are some players that peak my interest for one reason or another. Some of them are former draft favorites of mine but I have not followed them closely in the NFL so I could be way off.

WR Keenan Reynolds
DE Ego Ferguson
WR Daniel Braverman
CB Pierre Desier
DT Caraun Reid
RB Ronnie Hillman
OL Brandon Thomas
DT Gabe Wright
CB Alex Carter
CB Nick Marshall
LB Jordan Tripp
T Zach Sterup
G Willie Beavers
RB Jhurell Pressley
RB Andre Williams
OL Fahn Cooper
RB Kelvin Taylor
RB Peyton Barber
WR Kenny Bell
WR Justin Hunter
RB Bishop Sankey
OL Jeremiah Poutasi
RB Troymaine Pope
OL Robert Myers

These are some players that peak my interest for one reason or another. Some of them are former draft favorites of mine but I have not followed them closely in the NFL so I could be way off.

WR Keenan Reynolds
DE Ego Ferguson
WR Daniel Braverman
CB Pierre Desier
DT Caraun Reid
RB Ronnie Hillman
OL Brandon Thomas
DT Gabe Wright
CB Alex Carter
CB Nick Marshall
LB Jordan Tripp
T Zach Sterup
G Willie Beavers
RB Jhurell Pressley
RB Andre Williams
OL Fahn Cooper
RB Kelvin Taylor
RB Peyton Barber
WR Kenny Bell
WR Justin Hunter
RB Bishop Sankey
OL Jeremiah Poutasi
RB Troymaine Pope
OL Robert Myers
Who names their kid "Ego"?

Offtopic. Jordan Devey made Kansas city 53. Now i belive in miracles

Edit: was cut day after:) guess Chiefs GM reads our forum

Last edited:
Who names their kid "Ego"?
I am not sure but he did play next to Anthony Johnson at LSU and was drafted in the second round the same year Johnson went undrafted.

I am not sure but he did play next to Anthony Johnson at LSU and was drafted in the second round the same year Johnson went undrafted.
Id be more intrigued if we werent stacked

I wonder how many know that Forsett is listed at 5'8" 195lbs just like Dion Lewis. He is not a power back by any stretch of the imagination.

Khalif Barnes is someone the Pats could look at. He is certainly an upgrade over Fleming and could be an upgrade over Cannon.

Khalif Barnes is someone the Pats could look at. He is certainly an upgrade over Fleming and could be an upgrade over Cannon.
Yuck he is terrible.

Mack Brown - RB - He put up a 5.8 YPC for the Redskins in pre-season. I didn't get a chance to watch him but he could be someone to look at.

KGH to Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back