PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players released by other teams whom you'd like to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.
KGH to Philly.
Mentioned in 3 other threads that deal with the Patriots Roster Transactions and Practice Squad.

I've decided that this is as appropriate a thread as any for a list of players currently on practice squads

as per this - List of current AFC team rosters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and this - List of current NFC team rosters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,

whom I would strongly consider signing to our 53, or at minimum to our own practice squad if the
price were right. In order to save time, Bill should've simply placed a claim on some of them as soon
as they were originally waived.

OL Willie Beavers (MIN)
OT Isaiah Battle (LA)
RT Jeremiah Poutasi (JAX)
OG Jamil Douglas (MIA)
OG Brandon Thomas (DET)
C/G Gabriel Ikard (BUF)
OT Laurence Gibson (CHI)

2 of the above can easily replace the rancid pile of trash known as Cannonfodder & Cam Phlegming,
especially if one of the 2 is Willie Beavers, a potential 4-position lineman.

ILB Ramik Wilson (KC)
OLB Travis Feeney (PIT)
ILB Shane Skov (SF)
OLB Jordan Tripp (SEA)
ILB Carl Bradford (GB)

2 of the above can easily replace the unathletic, clueless Jonny Freeny and the non-tackling, non-covering
Elandon Roberts, especially if one of the 2 is Ramik Wilson, a potential 3-position linebacker.

WR Keyarris Garrett (CAR)
WR Tre McBride (TEN)
WR Kenny Lawler (SEA)
WR Dezmon Lewis (BUF)
WR Moritz Bohringer (MIN)

All of the above would provide size in addition to (and in the cases of Garrett & Bohringer, beyond)
that which even Logan & Mitchell provide. Garrett is the most ready to contribute, while Bohringer
is obviously the least ready; but perhaps he can help on STs while he learns the position.
DeAndre Smelter, Jordan Leslie & Mitch Mathews are also available as street free agents.

While there are some interesting RBs on practice squads, I feel than Bishop Sankey might have the
biggest upside of all of them anyway.

And I would love to somehow bring DE Stephen Weatherly, TE Beau Sandland & CB Kalan Reed to
our PS. Weatherly can replace GeeNo Grossem, and Reed can replace Mikey Hilton or Cousin Vinnie Sunseri.

whom I would strongly consider signing to our 53, or at minimum to our own practice squad if the
price were right. In order to save time, Bill should've simply placed a claim on some of them as soon

Someone with your claimed acumen of talent would know that you can't sign another team's PS player to your own PS.

I've decided that this is as appropriate a thread as any for a list of players currently on practice squads

as per this - List of current AFC team rosters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and this - List of current NFC team rosters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,

OL Willie Beavers (MIN)
OT Isaiah Battle (LA)
RT Jeremiah Poutasi (JAX)
OG Jamil Douglas (MIA)
OG Brandon Thomas (DET)
C/G Gabriel Ikard (BUF)
OT Laurence Gibson (CHI)

2 of the above can easily replace the rancid pile of trash known as Cannonfodder & Cam Phlegming,
especially if one of the 2 is Willie Beavers, a potential 4-position lineman.

ILB Ramik Wilson (KC)
OLB Travis Feeney (PIT)
ILB Shane Skov (SF)
OLB Jordan Tripp (SEA)
ILB Carl Bradford (GB)

2 of the above can easily replace the unathletic, clueless Jonny Freeny and the non-tackling, non-covering
Elandon Roberts, especially if one of the 2 is Ramik Wilson, a potential 3-position linebacker.

WR Keyarris Garrett (CAR)
WR Tre McBride (TEN)
WR Kenny Lawler (SEA)
WR Dezmon Lewis (BUF)
WR Moritz Bohringer (MIN)

All of the above would provide size in addition to (and in the cases of Garrett & Bohringer, beyond)
that which even Logan & Mitchell provide. Garrett is the most ready to contribute, while Bohringer
is obviously the least ready; but perhaps he can help on STs while he learns the position.
DeAndre Smelter, Jordan Leslie & Mitch Mathews are also available as street free agents.

While there are some interesting RBs on practice squads, I feel than Bishop Sankey might have the
biggest upside of all of them anyway.

And I would love to somehow bring DE Stephen Weatherly, TE Beau Sandland & CB Kalan Reed to
our PS. Weatherly can replace GeeNo Grossem, and Reed can replace Mikey Hilton or Cousin Vinnie Sunseri.

If I didn't know you'd been on the board for 12 years, I'd say that you were like 8 years old with your stupid insults of players.

Your evaluations of some of the players are pathetic. Elandon Roberts is non-tackling, non-covering? Clearly you didn't watch the pre-season games because he was one of the most solid tacklers the team had. Both on defense and on special teams.

You clearly over-rate Tre McBride. Here's a guy who had all of 2 receptions for 8 yards in 7 games for Tenn last year.

I'd like to have seen Bohringer or Braverman on the PS as well. Especially since they don't really have someone to work the Slot. You are touting Lawler, but aren't you one of the ones slamming James White for his inability to break tackles? The biggest knock on Lawler is that he goes down at first contact and gets very little YAC.

Oh, since you missed it. The Pats just extended Freeny.. He's not going anywhere.

You tout Garrett, but on a team that needs quality WR, they didn't think highly enough to keep him on their main squad. Also, there are questions about Garrett's ability to learn complex offenses and his maturity in general. Do you think that BB, McDaniels, and Co would really work with someone who had an ego but not the resume?

It's unlikely that the Pats are going to cut Hilton because he seems like the prototypical Patriots player. Coachable. Willing to do whatever the coaches ask. Excellent tackler. Very good in both Man and Zone coverage. Willing to play special teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hilton be one of the first call-ups if a DB gets injured.

I will agree that Sunseri could be scrubbed. His play was pretty bad.

If I didn't know you'd been on the board for 12 years, I'd say that you were like 8 years old with your stupid insults of players.

Your evaluations of some of the players are pathetic. Elandon Roberts is non-tackling, non-covering? Clearly you didn't watch the pre-season games because he was one of the most solid tacklers the team had. Both on defense and on special teams.

You clearly over-rate Tre McBride. Here's a guy who had all of 2 receptions for 8 yards in 7 games for Tenn last year.

I'd like to have seen Bohringer or Braverman on the PS as well. Especially since they don't really have someone to work the Slot. You are touting Lawler, but aren't you one of the ones slamming James White for his inability to break tackles? The biggest knock on Lawler is that he goes down at first contact and gets very little YAC.

Oh, since you missed it. The Pats just extended Freeny.. He's not going anywhere.

You tout Garrett, but on a team that needs quality WR, they didn't think highly enough to keep him on their main squad. Also, there are questions about Garrett's ability to learn complex offenses and his maturity in general. Do you think that BB, McDaniels, and Co would really work with someone who had an ego but not the resume?

It's unlikely that the Pats are going to cut Hilton because he seems like the prototypical Patriots player. Coachable. Willing to do whatever the coaches ask. Excellent tackler. Very good in both Man and Zone coverage. Willing to play special teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hilton be one of the first call-ups if a DB gets injured.

I will agree that Sunseri could be scrubbed. His play was pretty bad.
Despite his size, Roberts was supposed to be the best tackling middle linebacker in the draft. He hung in there during
the Giants game despite being banged up.

Last edited:
whom I would strongly consider signing to our 53, or at minimum to our own practice squad if the price were right. In order to save time, Bill should've simply placed a claim on some of them as soon as they were originally waived.

Shame on that fool for not leaping on the chance to sign all of these obvious talents that not one of the 32 NFL teams wanted! Especially when the Patriots own roster is so weak that only a ninth of all waiver claims were for Pats cuts. :p

Anyway...it's an interesting question why such a high percentage of practice squad players join up with the same team that cut them, rather than looking for greener PS pastures. We don't have a lot of visibility into the process to know whether other offers are made and rejected, or whether most offers made are to the team's own TC players. But my guess is that in either case it's about the advantage of continuity. E.g. for the player, sticking with the same playbook, terminology and coaching means that if an active player goes down, you're already trained up and ready for a promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back