PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just BTW, the bettors expect NE to win. The NFL media all pick NE to win.

We all talk about lack of respect for the patriots.

It seems that the primary examples of lack of respect are on patriot message boards.

KeenSecondhandKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

e9b0hRX
Hey, boner.

of course

My hope is that we will address most of our 2019 needs through re-signings and through early free agency. We will be able to focus on the future with the re-signing or free agent replacements of Flowers, Brown, Brown, Gordon, McCourty, Jones, and 2 of Hogan/Patterson/Dorsett.

That being said, I don't think that D McCourty, Chung and Harmon are going anywhere. I am all for drafting a safety. I just don't expect that this will be a first rounder or even a top 2nd rounder. Obviously, that will depend on the value available in those rounds.
====
In another thread, you indicate that we need OL depth. Sure. We need depth at EVERY position.
Surely, OL is our strongest group, and will continue to be so if we re-sign Brown.
Mccourtys cap hit is a huge issue.
We can’t afford Trent Brown with the possible exception of using mccourtys money toward it.
Without brown our depth is almost non existent and we have a very injury prone RT and a LT that has never played an NFL game, may really be a G, and tore his Achilles

I think it's a priority but I don't see them burning a high pick on a one dimensional DT.
Doesn’t have to be one dimensional but we need a stud run stopping DT to make the nickel base work.
It’s a crucial position, one of the most important on the entire d.

We can’t afford Trent Brown with the possible exception of using mccourtys money toward it.
Without brown our depth is almost non existent and we have a very injury prone RT and a LT that has never played an NFL game, may really be a G, and tore his Achilles
This is it, chief.

We can wait and read from Miguel how we can afford both Brown and McCourty. We read this kind of false choice analysis every year.

This issue is whether McCourty's worth $9.5M of new money. As always, sunk cap money is irrelevant.

Many folks here think McCourty just isn't worth the money and want to move on. I disagree.

The Steelers backfield tomorrow is a less explosive James White & the ghost of Ridley’s past. We should be able to play the pass & not get gashed on the ground...hopefully.

Wilfork was drafted as a 34 NT, and well worth the first round pick. Of course, as he became a one the best ever, he was able to be much more.

A NT is more than a pure run stuffer. A NT can provide inside pressure.

Shelton simply didn't play at the level that we hoped. A Shelton WHO PERFORMED AS WE HOPED might indeed by worth a 2nd or even a late 1st round pick.
Wilfork was what the had hoped for and more.

Shelton never had pass rushing skills or able to collapse the pocket. Because of that hes a mid rounder now.

Doesn’t have to be one dimensional but we need a stud run stopping DT to make the nickel base work.
It’s a crucial position, one of the most important on the entire d.
As long as he can get after the passer, sure.

So Brandon bolden, drake and Frank gore combined for ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY on 20 carries....Ridley and Samuels or wherever they have in place of Connor will go for at least a 5 or 6 yards a pop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes