PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh/Kansas City: Who will win? Who do you want to win?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Select two answers below (1 from first 2, 1 from last 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me says this:

KC. Pitt demolished KC in Pittsburgh. That won't happen again. This is a revenge game for KC and they will come to prove a point. Not to mention that Big Ben is hurt and is only one sack away from being out of the game.

The other part says this.

Pitt. KC's defense is poor- 26th against the run and 18th against the pass. These are only slightly better than Miami! The Pitt defense is ranked 13th against the run and 16th against the pass. The KC offense is 19th passing and 15th in the run. KC won't be able to stop or keep up with the Stigglers.

I am both picking and rooting for Pittsburgh, even though I detest them way more than the Chiefs. I think we match up much better against Pittsburgh. I'm picking them because I think they just have more playoff composure/experience than the Chiefs.

Scared of the big play potential on KC against us--it doesn't matter as much how good of a full game a defense/ST unit plays if the other team gets a few fluke huge plays that turn into touchdowns. I specifically fear Tyreek "Beats The **** Out Of His Girlfriend, Shouldn't Be In The NFL" Hill.

I also don't feel too strongly about my pick of Pittsburgh. Could really go either way. Wouldn't even be surprised if KC blew em out.

I picked KC for both. I think Arrowhead is an incredibly hard place to play, and KC is a much harder team to beat there, than in Foxboro. This for me translates into KC will beat the Steelers then come to Gillette to play, where hopefully Andy Reid will bring his funky sense of glockenspeil and go down in flames once again. But we've got to take care of business against Houston first!

I agree the Arrowhead has a reputation of being a tough place for visitors but I'm concerned that the Chiefs recently lost there against Tampa Bay:eek: in a game that almost cost them the division.

I know it's about matchups, but my point os KC may be overrated.

Pittsburgh does have some match ups that it can exploit vs KC , so they can definitely win. However, KC will be getting Houston back, and they've got the weapons to shred that Steelers D. Also, have you seen Pittsburgh play on the road this season? It hasn't been pretty, especially for their offense.

Those home losses to TB and Tennessee won't mean anything.

Last edited:
Chiefs lost to tenneseee and TB at home within the last 2 months of the season. They will lose to Pitt.

Yes, but both those games were before bigger AFC west match ups - which they won. I clearly think in both of those situations, they just overlooked their opponents. That said, there are a couple of games they had no business winning. That first Denver game and the Atlanta game for example.

I think KC will beat Pittsburgh. Ben on the road against playoff caliber teams isn't the same guy from 2008-2010. Chiefs D at home will knock him around.

As for who I want to win, I ultimately don't care as I do believe "to be the best you need to beat the best" so bring on all comers. That being said, I think KC is the worse matchup for NE. My reasoning is the following:

Without a doubt I think the only way NE doesn't advance to the SB is if they give away a portion (big or small) of the game to an opponent. I cannot see a Pats team on top of their game losing to KC or Pittsburgh. But let's say the Pats come out flat or play poorly in one or more areas in two weeks. Doesn't that KC defense, who feasts on turnovers, seem like the more likely team to force a turnover on an errant throw or get to Brady with Houston/Hali? Doesn't Hill seem like the guy to swing a game on a single special teams lapse? Would it shock you to see the combo of KC's running game and Smith-to-Kelce convert a ton of 3rd-and-3s all night on a night the Pats D plays more like they did in Sept/Oct, keeping the ball out of Brady's hands?

KC seems like the team that is more likely to elicit comments like, "The Pats just let them hang around all night, then the season was done thanks to two bad plays in the 4th quarter."

Of course I could see Pittsburgh doing the same, but not the same degree. Honestly, similar comments could be said about Houston or any team, but to lose to Houston a ton of things would have to go wrong. KC looks like the AFC team where the fewest things could go wrong and swing the game the other way.

Regards,
Chris

Kansas City will win. Stinkers are overrated. Good team, but overrated.

I think Kansas City will win (though I'm not married to the thought) but I really want Pittsburgh to win for the simple fact that I think the game (if it happened) would be more entertaining.

I think KC wins, but I'd love to be wrong. KC would give us a more competitive game.

I agree.

The KC underneath/intermediate game matches up better with the weaknesses of our defense and for some reason I see our secondary having more issues with Kelce than with Brown. Additionally, the Steelers defense is considerably weaker than KC so it would be easier to control the clock there.

Steelers "put AFC on notice" so I assume they will beat KC and us. ....Because these threats are 0-2 this season (Ravens/Giants).

I think KC is the better all around team and with a really good home field advantage. I would rather play Pittsburgh I guess, I just think we would carve them up. Its really a coin flip as to who I would rather play.

When kc went to Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh went up something like 36 to 0 on them.

I expect more of he same this weekend,

Kansas because I don't trust Smith to pull ******** plays out of his ass like R-Burger can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes