PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Dad Reacts to Steelers loss to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in Western Pennsylvania for a few years.. great area and great fans. Thanks for posting.

Don't scroll down if you wish to avoid a few spoilers.

"Can't we put Phil Simms on Injured Reserve, designated not to return?"

"I already circled this game as a loss. Always do. Patriots: loss."

"Patriots have more hidden cameras than TMZ."

"Heyward still out with a chipped hamstring."

"You might as well call this team Plaxico Burress, because you guys just shot yourselves in the foot."

"Laundry Jones." ... "Beeker the Muppet looks panicked compared to him."

Pittsburgh Dad Reacts to Steelers loss to Patriots

John Morgan

Pittsburgh Dad (the western PA version of FitzyGFY) reacts to Steelers' home loss to Patriots.

Continue reading...

Sorry for the dislike, but i had to turn 'dad' OFF! Particularly at the point of "cameragate cost us 2002/04 AFCCGs. " That much ignorance just isnt funny, but rather pathetic.

Other than the one good line (put Simms on IR not to return), was not worth my time and full of horrible camera schtick.

Sorry for the dislike, but i had to turn 'dad' OFF! Particularly at the point of "cameragate cost us 2002/04 AFCCGs. " That much ignorance just isnt funny, but rather pathetic.

Other than the one good line (put Simms on IR not to return), was not worth my time and full of horrible camera schtick.
A lot of that was in jest.

Meh! Yinzer drunk talk . . . don't take it seriously. No sh*t though, these people are never sober and I can't really blame them. I would never be able to handle living in Pittsburgh sober.

Meh! Yinzer drunk talk . . . don't take it seriously. No sh*t though, these people are never sober and I can't really blame them. I would never be able to handle living in Pittsburgh sober.

I used to ride from Pittsburgh down to Virginia with a bunch of "friends" on a chartered tour bus. Great bunch of guys, but the back two rows of seats (and the bench seat by the bathroom) were always reserved for booze/beer/snackage. Outside of my time with the Navy, I've never seen guys drink that much.

Yeah, I couldn't finish it...I get that the Cheatriot jokes were tongue-in-cheek, but it didn't do much for me. Ah well...still better than anything on BSPN.

A lot of that was in jest.
Oh, ********.

I have to hear this ridiculous conspiracy theory at least once a week, and that was after Cowher reminded all of these idiots how they didn't even use hand signals. They used a wristband system, so the placement of the camera had zero bearing on those victories.

Aside from that very important point, I agree that it's all mostly in jest.

Fitzy is a phucking genius compared to that schmuck.

Bingo.
Even our superfans kick every other teams superfan's asses.

Fitzy is the TFB/GOAT of superfans. Even did a stint on BSPN.

Oh, ********.

I have to hear this ridiculous conspiracy theory at least once a week, and that was after Cowher reminded all of these idiots how they didn't even use hand signals. They used a wristband system, so the placement of the camera had zero bearing on those victories.

Aside from that very important point, I agree that it's all mostly in jest.
My favorite is the various people in the Steelers organization and fanbase who insist that Spygate is why our defense beat the **** out of their offense regularly. Apparently blowing right past the fact that Spygate, to whatever extent it was a thing at all, was strictly relating to defensive signals. When you point out that it had nothing to do with opposing offenses, they double down with some nonsense along the lines of "I'm sure they were intercepting the headset communications too".

That might have been the most painfully unfunny 3 minutes of my life. People watch that guy regularly?
Oh, he's involved in the Pittsburgh culture much more than just the Steelers. In that sense, he stops being compared to Fitzy b/c it's not just about sports. You'll see old ladies with no affiliation to football wearing his t-shirts, etc.

The whole schtick is basically just talking like a typical yinzer (ham sammich, "warshing" machine, etc) which people here find funny for some reason. I've never gotten used to it and thankfully my wife doesn't talk like that or I wouldn't have married her.

"Hey, hon...I got IT!!! You, me and the kids are going on the best vacation ever! We're going to Pittsburgh!!"...said no New Englander ever ...and just about every other human in this country with an I.Q. greater than this----------->

turnip.jpg

Undersmart and unfunny is no way to go through life....this mutt should STAY underground.

Fitzy is a phucking genius compared to that schmuck.
Really makes you appreciate the professional doesn't it? Yeah this guy blows ass by comparison. And just to make sure my mind wasn't clouded with any remnants of butthurt from anti-Patriot jokes I watched the Jets one too. Yeah it wasn't quite as terrible but it still sucked.

I found it some what funny. Apparently Fitzy found it funny, if as reported, he provided a link to it. I think that with the beating the Patriots have been taking in the media, some fans have lost their sense of humor. Come on people lighten up :) He poked as much fun at the Steelers as he did of us and some of you replied with humor, poking fun at him. In the end, humor is in the eye of the beholder. What one person finds funny another person doesn't. I imagine Goodell doesn't laugh at the Hitler parodies we have posted.

Now a personal story about humor. On my first day of work, me and a female co-worker entered a doorway at the same time. I made a quip that there wasn't room for the both of us, she took it as a fat joke and wouldn't speak to me for a year. Literally, the silent treatment. Anyway, I quipped and joked with my co-workers and even her, even when she wouldn't talk to me. In the end she realized, I treated her no differently then I did anyone else and we became great friends. In the end, she realized that humor was just humor and not a personal attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes