Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Week 2 Report Card, Loss to Seahawks A Learning Lesson
Steve Balestrieri
Patriots’ offense Looked Strong, Wilson Torched Defense

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I’m still waiting to see the Asiasi that the writers were describing as the best TE in camp. Harry makes contested catches, but zero YAC. Has anyone told Byrd that running north south is better than stepping out of bounds immediately after a catch? Too many times I noticed him bail out of additional yards to avoid contact. Interesting that Johnson got credit from BB, but got blown up on the potential game winner. Overall, given how badly the D played, I was very encouraged to see us that close at the end (with a little help from Pete throwing on their last series. )

The grades here for every group mentioned - except for QB & DBs, both of which I agreed with - were too generous by a half-grade.

Special teams deserved an F. Not just the Folk kick but the Pats starting field position was the 18 and Seattle's was the 32. Coverage teams were awful.

QB: A- The minus is there because he did throw an INT that led to a TD.
RB: D. Unfortunately I think Sony is or should be on the clock now. Enough is enough.
WR: B+
TE: C-
OL: B+
DL: C+
LB: D+
Secondary: C-. They did have their moments good and bad, more on the bad side. It happens. Got the pick 6 but it was kinda a gimme.
Special Teams: C-. Bailey was very good as usual. Coverage was fine. Kicking - well you know.

QB: A- The minus is there because he did throw an INT that led to a TD.
RB: D. Unfortunately I think Sony is or should be on the clock now. Enough is enough.
WR: B+
TE: C-
OL: B+
DL: C+
LB: D+
Secondary: C-. They did have their moments good and bad, more on the bad side. It happens. Got the pick 6 but it was kinda a gimme.
Special Teams: C-. Bailey was very good as usual. Coverage was fine. Kicking - well you know.

To add to my Sony comment - he was great in the 2018 playoffs and leading up to it. It mitigates the first rounder spent on him.

But it's 2020 now and we can't wait forever for this guy to turn into what we hope he should be. He needs to be better than this. Cam can't be the running game on this team in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft