PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Pick 37, Patriots Select Safety Kyle Dugger (Division2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This explains a lot. The dog is picking the players!

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8
The guy got a 6.34 rating by NFL.com. Bigger hands than Gronk.

Here’s what they said about Kyle Dugger:

“It's rare to find a safety with elite size, speed, explosiveness and production at a Power 5 school and almost impossible to find one at a Division II school. Dugger crammed the stat sheet full and used those elite traits to dominate the opposition. At times, he seems bored with his level of competition, but his engagement can be instant and urgent when it needs to be. He plays with controlled violence and carries an alpha demeanor on the field. He has soft hands and is rangy, but needs to train his eyes and improve his fundamentals before he's coverage-ready. Dugger is a versatile, scheme-friendly safety who helps immediately on special teams and could develop into a talented NFL starter.”

The guy got a 6.34 rating by NFL.com. Bigger hands than Gronk.

Here’s what they said about Kyle Dugger:

“It's rare to find a safety with elite size, speed, explosiveness and production at a Power 5 school and almost impossible to find one at a Division II school. Dugger crammed the stat sheet full and used those elite traits to dominate the opposition. At times, he seems bored with his level of competition, but his engagement can be instant and urgent when it needs to be. He plays with controlled violence and carries an alpha demeanor on the field. He has soft hands and is rangy, but needs to train his eyes and improve his fundamentals before he's coverage-ready. Dugger is a versatile, scheme-friendly safety who helps immediately on special teams and could develop into a talented NFL starter.”

But see the draft experts on a message board never saw him play. :rolleyes:

Yetur Gross-Matos to the Panthers

Robert Hunt to the Dolphins

Ross Blacklock to the Texans

I knew nothing about this kid but he seems to be a Belichick type. Can play like 4 positions. Who knows if any of them at starter quality level in the NFL. I'm just confused bc we have zero starting TE on the roster and also lost 2 starting LBs.

I get his name doesn't sound as smooth off the tongue as Grant Delpit or McKinney, but he's very good.

I was really happy he got picked because it wasn't a 6th round S/CB taken in the 2nd round this time.

That's the initial thought of Every BB second round DB that was neither a value or a luxury pick. Its just a HORRIBLE BB Second Round selection... the beat goes on. :rolleyes:

Not ideal IMO...ug

I still think it's possible that they trade a 4th rounder for OJ Howard. The Bucs will crack and trade him for a pick to get some guy they decided they want.

I would feel ALL good again if we got OJ Howard with a 4th. Bucs have to trade one. They're paying TE Brate 7M a year and Gronk now 10M.

This is the kind of player you pick up to stop the ravens and the chiefs

Will the chiefs and ravens think of him the way we think of Bernard pollard?

Not even the Homers can justify this pick they have seen it before... poor kid.:rolleyes:

So will he be our counter to Kelce and the like?
Ideally yes. RB's at times. He has some crazy athleticism. Like I talked about above think LB/S Hybrid. Dude is a truck coming at you. I think depending on the team, matchup you'll see him jump around. Like a Chung.

Bills been looking for this hybrid for years so it's no surprise. Dugger is very much a PTP. Shouldn't be a shock to people. Top 30 or so on PTP board.

Jets fans laughing

Marcus Cannon at RT
Edelman, Harry, Sanu, Meyers, Lee, Byrd at WR
Someone in this draft at TE

I like the kid Gunner Olszewski before his injury he will part of the rotation next year.

I will admit I had a similar feeling when we took Devin McCourty from freaking small program Rutgers. So who knows. If anything the DB/safety coach is one of the strengths of this Pats coaching staff for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing