DRAFT Pick 37, Patriots Select Safety Kyle Dugger (Division2)

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bye Week

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Patstastic

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
BB is setting Stidham up for immediate failure if the WR & TE corpse is the same as last season.

cmasspatsfan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
I knew nothing about this kid but he seems to be a Belichick type. Can play like 4 positions. Who knows if any of them at starter quality level in the NFL. I'm just confused bc we have zero starting TE on the roster and also lost 2 starting LBs.

Drafts not over yet.

DropKickFlutie

In the Starting Line-Up
This video makes him look like Ronnie Lott. Hard to evaluate going against D2 guys he's clearly way better than.

Thinking out loud but this kid might play a LOT. What if he's our cover-LB next to Hightower and Winovich on first and second down. Then plays LB or safety on 3rd down or nickel. I dunno. Trying to convince myself!!

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Ideally yes. RB's at times. He has some crazy athleticism. Like I talked about above think LB/S Hybrid. Dude is a truck coming at you. I think depending on the team, matchup you'll see him jump around. Like a Chung.

Bills been looking for this hybrid for years so it's no surprise. Dugger is very much a PTP. Shouldn't be a shock to people. Top 30 or so on PTP board.
I thought we would be planning on using Phillips this way. How does this pick impact that acquisition?

BaconGrundleCandy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Do you think instead of going after a quick LB, they were likely to go w/ physical safety? Possible they do both?
Before I finished reading your post, I was thinking "still think we go after a fast LB".

Yea I wouldn't be surprised to see a Wilson, ADG, Harrison etc...

One thing we know about Bill is he can coach and build a D. We absolutely know that. History has shown us this throughout decades.

I think Bill will reshape/shuffle this D like he did a few years ago

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
I won’t lie when I heard about our pick I was like who the **** is this guy?
I’m hoping we get our receiving core and tight end situation taken care of because right now it’s looking bleak

BaconGrundleCandy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I thought we would be planning on using Phillips this way. How does this pick impact that acquisition?
Phillips is much more a backup/ST type. Dugger has much more potential in coverage. More diverse skill set. This is Chungs replacement/2.0 ... Hopefully.

PatsFan2

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I won’t lie when I heard about our pick I was like who the **** is this guy?
I’m hoping we get our receiving core and tight end situation taken care of because right now it’s looking bleak
Tall order with this brass.

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
He's a tight end eraser. You need that against Travis Kelce or George Kittle. Hell lack of ability to cover a tight end cost them a bye with Gesicki.
I thought JoeJoeJoeJuan Williams was the tight end eraser????