PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Pick 37, Patriots Select Safety Kyle Dugger (Division2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB is setting Stidham up for immediate failure if the WR & TE corpse is the same as last season.

Do you think instead of going after a quick LB, they were likely to go w/ physical safety? Possible they do both?

This was a WTF pick for me because I spent no time researching safeties or Cbs. Look at his tape. He is a freak.

I knew nothing about this kid but he seems to be a Belichick type. Can play like 4 positions. Who knows if any of them at starter quality level in the NFL. I'm just confused bc we have zero starting TE on the roster and also lost 2 starting LBs.

Drafts not over yet.

This video makes him look like Ronnie Lott. Hard to evaluate going against D2 guys he's clearly way better than.

Thinking out loud but this kid might play a LOT. What if he's our cover-LB next to Hightower and Winovich on first and second down. Then plays LB or safety on 3rd down or nickel. I dunno. Trying to convince myself!!

We needed to replace Chung, and we did. I like the pick. He was also mocked rounds 2 or 3 everywhere I saw, so it's not like Tavon Wilson or Duron Harmon all over again (and even if it was, both of those guys became legit NFL role players).

Ideally yes. RB's at times. He has some crazy athleticism. Like I talked about above think LB/S Hybrid. Dude is a truck coming at you. I think depending on the team, matchup you'll see him jump around. Like a Chung.

Bills been looking for this hybrid for years so it's no surprise. Dugger is very much a PTP. Shouldn't be a shock to people. Top 30 or so on PTP board.
I thought we would be planning on using Phillips this way. How does this pick impact that acquisition?

BB outdid himself. Usually it is just a player we never heard of.. This year it was a college we never knew existed!!!

Do you think instead of going after a quick LB, they were likely to go w/ physical safety? Possible they do both?
Before I finished reading your post, I was thinking "still think we go after a fast LB".

Yea I wouldn't be surprised to see a Wilson, ADG, Harrison etc...

One thing we know about Bill is he can coach and build a D. We absolutely know that. History has shown us this throughout decades.

I think Bill will reshape/shuffle this D like he did a few years ago

I won’t lie when I heard about our pick I was like who the **** is this guy?
I’m hoping we get our receiving core and tight end situation taken care of because right now it’s looking bleak

I thought we would be planning on using Phillips this way. How does this pick impact that acquisition?
Phillips is much more a backup/ST type. Dugger has much more potential in coverage. More diverse skill set. This is Chungs replacement/2.0 ... Hopefully.

I won’t lie when I heard about our pick I was like who the **** is this guy?
I’m hoping we get our receiving core and tight end situation taken care of because right now it’s looking bleak

Tall order with this brass.

He's a tight end eraser. You need that against Travis Kelce or George Kittle. Hell lack of ability to cover a tight end cost them a bye with Gesicki.
I thought JoeJoeJoeJuan Williams was the tight end eraser????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes