PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Bill "has shopped" Mac

Hunches usually are based on insight drawn from fact/circumstance, which is why I asked. So this appears just to be an idea you're throwing out there.

Thanks for clarifying that you're not against Jones. I got the distinct impression last season that you wanted him gone and felt Zappe should be his replacement.
Yeah it’s basically just a guess based on my intuition or gut feeling.

I don’t necessarily think Zappe’s better than Jones, but I do like him and am curious to see how he looks next year. There’s really no doubt that Jones was screwed with Patricia and Judge, and I’m sure Jones would look pretty solid with BOB and I’m fine with that, if that’s the plan. What I don’t know is if Zappe will also step up in the same way, or if he is potentially limited to the game manager type role he played under Patricia. He obviously has limitations due to his stature that he needs to find solutions for.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
OK if its not true let us see if BB comes out and says so. If not true he should say so tomorrow
Bad look for him and Pats

They can't hold a press conference to address every bit of sensationalized reporting that comes down the pike, whether it's true or not. This primarily is between BB and Mac, as well as BB and Kraft.

They can't hold a press conference to address every bit of sensationalized reporting that comes down the pike, whether it's true or not. This primarily is between BB and Mac, as well as BB and Kraft.
Totally agree man, but when directly asked the question at a regular press conference, he could put an end to a lot of it. That he chooses not too is what’s concerning.

We shall see.

Maybe Bill made calls behind Kraft and the rest of the staffs back.
Some feelers out there, if so I think Kraft will be furious.
Technically it's not behind anyone's back.

BB is the GM of the team, the buck stops here, and all that.

If he fields phone calls about Mac Jones he is not beholden to anyone to reveal whatever offers he talks about with other NFL front office people.

This is why some people have been saying for years that it's probably best for Bill to give up GM duties and just focus on his coaching.

He still has a brilliant football mind but BB the GM has often gotten in the way of BB the coach by stocking the shelves with bad groceries.

Technically it's not behind anyone's back.

BB is the GM of the team, the buck stops here, and all that.

If he fields phone calls about Mac Jones he is not beholden to anyone to reveal whatever offers he talks about with other NFL front office people.

This is why some people have been saying for years that it's probably best for Bill to give up GM duties and just focus on his coaching.

He still has a brilliant football mind but BB the GM has often gotten in the way of BB the coach by stocking the shelves with bad groceries.
If BB is shopping Jones, guarantee that Kraft better not find out by reading Florio.

The media really sucks in this town...

No, but I also know for a fact that media members exaggerate if not make things up totally

You know they make up stories? How do you “know this”? What evidence?

Kraft says I like Mac, posters here Kraft loves Mac and will fire Bill if he traded him.

Kraft says I spoke with Lamar Jackson’s friend posters here, Kraft forcing Bill to trade for Lamar.

Kraft says losing is unacceptable, posters here Kraft getting ready to fire Bill if they dont win the Super Bowl this year.

I'm in this weird duality rn where I fully acknowledge that Bill got himself into this mess

However, if given the power of selecting a future - I'd rather Bill cut Mac and proceed to light up the league next year, rather than us keep Mac and light up the league.

I understand nobody asked nor does it really contribute to the discussion, but I felt compelled to share my internal dilemma.

Proceed as usual.

Any social media action from Mac or any offensive players?

Now the big rumor is a Mac Jones for Trey Lance. Don’t shoot the messenger a quick google search found the story multiple times.

If BB is shopping Jones, guarantee that Kraft better not find out by reading Florio.
And what is Kraft going to do about it? Fire Belichick? Don't make me laugh.

Kraft is all about rolling over and exposing his soft underbelly as soon as he faces resistance.

Goodell stabbed him in the back and there were no repercussions from Kraft. He even convinced the owners to give Goodell an extension.

The last time Kraft put his foot down was to ask BB to trade away Jimmy Garoppolo in 2017.

But when Kraft was finally pushed in 2020, who did he side with, Brady or his head coach? Brady wanted to play until he was 45, with the Patriots, BB was convinced that Brady was washed. Ultimately Brady had to leave and Kraft was powerless to stop it.

As for Kraft and Mac Jones? He barely knows Mac Jones. He claimed that Brady was like 'a son' to him. If Kraft didn't even stop Brady from being pushed out the door, he's certainly not going to stop BB from trading Mac Jones, if that's what Bill really wants to do.

Kraft says I like Mac, posters here Kraft loves Mac and will fire Bill if he traded him.
Kraft did say that he is a Mac fan.

One does not need to suspend disbelief to conclude that Corky Mac ran crying to Kraft.
Kraft says I spoke with Lamar Jackson’s friend posters here, Kraft forcing Bill to trade for Lamar.
Kraft does not want Lamar right now.

All his money is on BOB and CoMac.
Kraft says losing is unacceptable, posters here Kraft getting ready to fire Bill if they dont win the Super Bowl this year.
Kraft's exact words.

No playoff wins. BB wont get fired because he did not win this Super Bowl. BB will get the axe if there isn't a real good draft and no playoffs.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back