PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning plans to continue throwing ducks for the Broncos in 2015

Don't write him off just yet. He's not the same QB he once was but he's still better than most. What's remarkable is seeing the loss of velocity and yet his accuracy is still impressive but that velocity issue will result in more picks and then put him out there on a windy day and his smarts will only get him so far.
I remember thinking the same thing with Marino and I still thought he could play but you could tell his arm strength due to injuries had weakened.

On the other hand, I don't think Brady's arm has weakened one bit and he stays in such good shape. Its a ways away but if any QB could play into his 40's its Brady given his mental and physical conditioning.

Just imagine how poor the results would be if Payaton didn't have the Thomases, Sanders, and yes even
The Receiver to catch his weebles. For instance, if he had Dropson, Tyms, Amendola, HooHah, Boyce...

Don't write him off just yet. He's not the same QB he once was but he's still better than most. What's remarkable is seeing the loss of velocity and yet his accuracy is still impressive but that velocity issue will result in more picks and then put him out there on a windy day and his smarts will only get him so far.
I remember thinking the same thing with Marino and I still thought he could play but you could tell his arm strength due to injuries had weakened.

On the other hand, I don't think Brady's arm has weakened one bit and he stays in such good shape. Its a ways away but if any QB could play into his 40's its Brady given his mental and physical conditioning.

We put a ceiling on how long quarterbacks can play based on how long previous quarterbacks have played, ignoring the fact that Brett Favre the pill popping drunk (I love Favre) didn't take care of his body the same way Tom Brady does.

Tom could very well continue to play at his current level into his 40s.

Randy Couture was fighting top tier championship caliber MMA fighters in his mid 40s. I think he fought Brock Lesnar, 300 pound monster that he was, at like 48. Guy still looked phenomenal.

Every individual is different.

James, have you been partaking of colorado's legal weed?

@james87654 , @Jetsfan25678 ...

87654 is 25678 in reverse except for the 2, which is half of 4... Coincidence?

I'm Nick Cage in National Treasure, I cracked the code!

thanks for having my back, fool......sometimes i feel so alone

I'm glad you appreciate it. It hurts my standing in the Boo Hoo Brady Crew every time I come to your defense. I probably would have been vice president by now.

let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Well, if that was Manning who casts the first stone, the stone would float in the air for three minutes and land like a marshmellow falling to the ground.

I think Elway has a tough decision. Manning's cap hit is $20 million and they have a lot of free agents this upcoming offseason and next who are going to be expensive to keep. If the Manning over the second half of the season is what he is now, Elway really needs to decide if it is in the team's best interest to retain him or keep most of the upcoming free agents. He won't be able to do both.

If Manning's ceiling going forward is what we have seen in the last month or two, I think they may be better off letting him go if they cannot get him to renegotiate.

It's not like a more productive QB than Manning in decline is readily acquired for 2015
Even a "game manager" surrounded by Denver's talent capable of winning a ring isn't readily available.
e.g. Hoyer has learned "A man's got to know his limitations"

I predict that Elway will stick with his horse for one last 2015 race

It's not like a more productive QB than Manning in decline is readily acquired for 2015
Even a "game manager" surrounded by Denver's talent capable of winning a ring isn't readily available.

Perhaps Osweiler can be a "game manager"? He hasn't looked COMPLETELY awful in limited action.

James, have you been partaking of colorado's legal weed?
i preferred ecstasy when i was younger

it allowed me to not be afraid of life's inherent vulnerabilities, and to reach out to others, letting them know how much i cared for them

i was so scared to put down the facade......i pretended that i was strong

i feel blessed

Last edited:
The context of what he said suggests that he was taken off guard by the question. He starts by saying that he has "not thought about those circumstances [not returning] at all" and that "I certainly plan on being back." There's a little wiggle-room in there. He doesn't say "I have made a decision and will definitely be playing next year."

his decline has been very swift and fast this year..it will only get worse from here on out. I will take it!

if he could only get over the hump and not choke......another SB would give him Goat status.......and ball washing forever........c'mon peyton......just win the next 4 games and immortality is yours

i know there is a lot of manning hate around these parts......but the guy has been in more commercials than anyone i can think of......he is ubiquitous in modern american culture......as american as apple pie.......cant tell the story of America in the early 21st century without him........it just feels like rooting against him is akin to rooting against America.......and i am a red blooded patriot so i just cant do it.......and about his flaws and mistakes......are we not all sinners?......to err is human; to forgive, divine.....

th

can anyone say Willie Mays

Good analogy.

While he was no longer a franchise player, in 1970 at 40 years old Mays was still a pretty damn good player. After that year he should have retired. Instead he hung around for two more years and was basically a bottom of the roster guy.

It's pretty clear that injury and age are catching up with PM. He says he wants to play another year but if he plays like he has over the last 5 weeks hes looking at 60% comp, 3700 yds, 16TD, 16INT and a 78 rating over a full 2015 season. Thats awful.

If they go one and done in the playoffs and it's determined that hes healthy and his arm and legs are shot, Elway will move on. Hes too smart of a guy not to.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back