PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Being A Douche

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing you guys are not considering is that Saturday was telling Dungy what plays to call, and that is what Peyton is referring to.

I highly doubt a pro-bowl center like Saturday would change a playcall on the LOS with Peyton standing behind him. It doesn't make any sense.

One thing you guys are not considering is that Saturday was telling Dungy what plays to call, and that is what Peyton is referring to.

I highly doubt a pro-bowl center like Saturday would change a playcall on the LOS with Peyton standing behind him. It doesn't make any sense.

If so, that makes Peyton look even worse.

Last edited:
I think what Peyton did was alright as long as he doesn't make a habit of it, or call someone out publicly.

This topic is very homer-erotic.

I'm pretty sure they showed this on the highlight shows when it happened. What's missing is the part where Saturday and Peyton are sitting next to each other later and everything is cool. I'm positive I saw that.

I hate the Colts as much as the next guy but I bet this happens a lot between players on the sidelines.

Man, are people watching the same video? You think Light would tell Brady to sit his arse down like that? Get real.

Yes, I do think Light would tell Tom to sit down if warranted. And by the way, it was said in a suggestive way not demanding him to sit, telling him to sit to cool off. One day NFL films will capture Brady doing something very similar if not exact to one of his OL men and somehow it will be justified and a great sign of leadership by The Brady!

Last edited:
LOL, Peyton sounds like a madman. Was he mad because Saturday missed a block or what? Sounds like goober has got some pent up frustration there. If this game was from the loss to SD, I can sorta see why he'd get so pissed off. There's no way they should have lost to SD.

Last edited:
LOL, Peyton sounds like a madman. Was he mad because Saturday missed a block or what? Sounds like goober has got some pent up frustration there. If this game was from the loss to SD, I can sorta see why he'd get so pissed off. There's no way they should have lost to SD.

It was from a game against the Rams.

Yes, I do think Light would tell Tom to sit down if warranted. And by the way, it was said in a suggestive way not demanding him to sit, telling him to sit to cool off. One day NFL films will capture Brady doing something very similar if not exact to one of his OL men and somehow it will be justified and a great sign of leadership by The Brady!

I'm saying there's no way in hell Light would tell Brady to sit down in the manner Glenn told Manning to sit down. If you think that was a suggestion and not a demand, then I'd hate to see what you consider a raised voice. Glenn told him off in no uncertain terms, that's what the video shows.

"Don't tell us how to block."

You think that was a suggestion?

I cannot fathom Brady acting like that to his teammates during a game. :eek:

We are so lucky.

I wish he #$%@ had yelled at the OL and McDonkey.....If he had we might have won the SB!!!!!!!!

Plus this is actually from the Colts episode of America’s Game for their Super Bowl season so I think things turned out all right.
Yep. The full clip is actually kinda funny. After he went off on Saturday, Manning remembered that he was wired for sound. He made a comment that "this is better than Desperate Housewives".

Saturday makes the line blocking calls as Peyton calls the plays or audibles at the line. If Saturday calls for run blocking schemes on passing plays, Peyton is going to get drilled.

Like Peyton or hate him, situations like this happen with every quarterback. If you don't think Brady has shouted at anyone, you need to back away from the Alter of Tom. It's just as silly to think that none of the Patriots' linemen would stand up to Tom. If none of them would, you guys need to get some guys that got a pair. I think they have them, but saying they respect him too much is laughable.

Utter nonsense. The quarterback is supposed to be undisputed leader of the team. The question is NOT whether Manning or Tom have yelled at their linemen, its whether they have a good point, know when to pick their battles, and that the message is received respectfully. In this video, Manning comes across as a hothead trying to exert his will on teammates who have a problem with what he's doing. They're arguing with him and telling him to sit down! That's NOT an offensive line that has bought into Manning's "leadership." It also lends credence to Peyton's reputation as a selfish player willing to throw his teammates under the bus.

Last edited:
Tarik Glenn tells Peyton to stop yelling and Peyton accuses Saturday of starting the yelling. LOL

Does anyone have links to anymore videos like this?

Yes, I do think Light would tell Tom to sit down if warranted.
That's be the day that Brady tears him a new one.

One day NFL films will capture Brady doing something very similar if not exact to one of his OL men and somehow it will be justified and a great sign of leadership by The Brady!
Plenty of film on Brady yelling at players. Plenty of film of BB yelling at players. No film of players yelling at Brady or BB or telling them to sit down.

Sorry, I can picture Brady yelling at Koppen. I cannot picture Light telling Brady to sit down, and certainly I cannot picture Brady doing what he was told by a lineman.

Mannng was fine yelling at a lineman. It was not fine for a lineman to yell back at him, and Manning should have stood up and reamed the guy good. There is only one top leader on a team, and it ought to be the QB, not an OT.

This thread is stupid and makes Pat fans look like complete homers!

Brady does this!
Tell me the last time you saw a lineman yelling at Brady.

Last edited:
Like Peyton or hate him, situations like this happen with every quarterback. If you don't think Brady has shouted at anyone, you need to back away from the Alter of Tom. It's just as silly to think that none of the Patriots' linemen would stand up to Tom. If none of them would, you guys need to get some guys that got a pair. I think they have them, but saying they respect him too much is laughable.
You don't get it. Of course Brady yells at players. More WRs for running the wrong route, but he yells a lot.

That's not the problem. The problem would be if they yelled back.

The Pats OLine or WRs have yet to yell back at Brady. To say it is because they lack balls is childish on your part. Yes, I know you're a Colts fan but that is one of the stupidest remarks made by a Colts fan in a long time. Are you saying that Saturday has no balls? Saturday did the right thing. He was chewed out by the QB and his job is to take it and shut up. It is Glenn, the guy you think has the balls, that is the problem.

You may not be able to rcognize chain of command and discipline, but that doesn't mean it does not exist. Granted you don't see much of it in Indy, but yelling goes from the top down on disciplined teams.

On other teams I've seen players yelling at coaches, and it is a bad thing.

But, all teams are different, and so are fans. If it is okay for Manning to be told to STFU AND SIT DOWN by a lineman, and you are okay with that because it shows the lineman has a pair, then fine. That is your team. (Since Manning meekly sat down, I assume you are saying he does not have a pair?)

for that guy thats arguing Peyton was fine yelling but glenn should have left him alone...what are u thinking?

brady was never told by his lineman to sit down, b/c brady never yelled about nothing at his lineman, and b/c his lineman never told him to "call more running plays"

in the vid, peyton is WRONG, he yess for nothing...saturday is also wrong, b/c he accused Peyton

Glenn did the only right thing, and tell his hothead QB who was pissed off, to cool it in the corner and sit the hell down

if brady ever goes off like that in a game, i could care less if its LoMo, SOMEONE SHOULD tell him to sit down

You don't get it. Of course Brady yells at players. More WRs for running the wrong route, but he yells a lot.

That's not the problem. The problem would be if they yelled back.

The Pats OLine or WRs have yet to yell back at Brady. To say it is because they lack balls is childish on your part. Yes, I know you're a Colts fan but that is one of the stupidest remarks made by a Colts fan in a long time. Are you saying that Saturday has no balls? Saturday did the right thing. He was chewed out by the QB and his job is to take it and shut up. It is Glenn, the guy you think has the balls, that is the problem.

You may not be able to rcognize chain of command and discipline, but that doesn't mean it does not exist. Granted you don't see much of it in Indy, but yelling goes from the top down on disciplined teams.

On other teams I've seen players yelling at coaches, and it is a bad thing.

But, all teams are different, and so are fans. If it is okay for Manning to be told to STFU AND SIT DOWN by a lineman, and you are okay with that because it shows the lineman has a pair, then fine. That is your team. (Since Manning meekly sat down, I assume you are saying he does not have a pair?)

I think you're missing the mark slightly here, Spacecrime. I made the point in my post above that the QB needs to pick his spots when it comes to yelling at guys in the heat of battle. In the video it appears that Manning lost his head and was a little out of control, which is why Glenn told him to sit down. My guess is that this is typical Peyton behavior and that's why his linemen lipped off to him: His arrogance led him to flip out on his guys in a personal way and that doesn't breed respect. Glenn probably did the right thing by telling him to shut up and go away. I don't believe Manning commands the same level of respect with his teammates that Brady does with his, illustrated by when Peyton has thrown teammates under the bus. When a QB establishes himself as a leader/team-first guy and commands proper respect, his linemen don't argue or tell him to get lost.

Another thing is I can't imagine that scene happening on a Bill Belichick sideline.

Last edited:
I dont see what the big deal is, all these guys are friends and team mates, I tend to get angry at my friends when things go wrong. When we are playing ball just for fun.

That lineman let Peyton have his word, but then he did the right thing by telling him its enough, I like that alot, he didnt care that Manning was making 20 mil a year and is the poster boy for the NFL, he wasnt gonna let Manning yell at another one his team mates like that and told him it was enough.

If Brady was doing the same thing, and Ive seen him come close, I wouldnt expect them to just take it, let him get his word in but if he just continues to yell at him, it wouldnt be out of line for someone like Light to tell him to go sit down.

In the end, this is just football people, no one should feel like they have to take someone yelling at them because it's the QB, thats silly.

Manning and Brady would prolly be the only ones who could get away with it anyways, the success speaks for it self.

Last edited:
Tarik Glenn (Future Hall of Fame Left Tackle): "Don't tell us how to block!"
Peyton: "No, we're cool!" (Translation="Please don't kill me!")

:D That was funny and so true. Glenn isn't somebody I would want to mess with. They all made up shortly after that, not that big of deal. I was glad to see Manning light a fire under there arses, I think they scored 31 points in the next 15 minutes after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back