PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Sheppard Eviscerated Borges on EEI [11/28 Edit: Borges Caught in Lie]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you can name the person who's never been wrong on a football evaluation even though they make them frequently, as part of their hobbies/work, your point will make some real sense.

Hah --well, if that's what you need, my post will never make sense to you. I'll just have to live with it making sense to the members here who understand the difference between making and expressing an evaluation civilly, and making it with spite and vitriol is another. When people like Borges choose the latter path, they don't deserve the "nobody's perfect" treatment.

Hope that makes sense.

Hah --well, if that's what you need, my post will never make sense to you. I'll just have to live with it making sense to the members here who understand the difference between making and expressing an evaluation civilly, and making it with spite and vitriol is another. When people like Borges choose the latter path, they don't deserve the "nobody's perfect" treatment.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes, it makes perfect sense, assuming it's 5 year olds involved. I've always considered you to be much more 'mature' than that.

Borges is a columnist. He's paid to give his takes, and strong takes are preferred by both his bosses and his readers. He was wrong on a couple of doozies about a decade ago. It happens.

If he's busting BB's balls about the Gronk injury, he's wrong there, too, and he's fair game about it. Going back to things in 2001 is idiotic, though.

Last edited:
Always amused at how these people get on Pats fans for not challenging Belichick enough because he, you know, wins. Um, isn't that the main goal for fans? To have the team you follow actually win? And we're not talking occasional success here. Not to mention that, as any visitor to this site would know, every Pats move and decision is vigorously debated here.

On a somewhat related matter, I thought this was interesting:

NFL pregame shows losing viewers right across the board
That is interesting. I thought it was just me. I never watch those shows any longer - not ESPN, not NFLN, not CBS and not Fox.

The good news is that I'm also busy. And was looking for more or less one click. But I'll search it later. Thanks for the ultra dry sarcasm though. My skin is cracking because your fingers just produced the Sahara desert by way of keyboard.

I am with Kontra on this. He only asked for something that should have been provided by the OP in the first place. OP has the advantage of already been there but rather than comply with a fellow poster's simple request, he would rather hurl sarcasm back.
If Kontra is anything like most of us, he already has several tabs open for various sites, be it political, sports, fail blogs, etc..and he really doesn't want to open another one because he gets back to comp only when supervisor is not looking.;)

As to the topic of the thread, it's beating a dead horse, anyways.
But I have to say, as much as I dislike Borges for his anti BB disposition, I can't stand Callahan, either. Comes off as an obnoxious know it all.

Yes, it makes perfect sense, assuming it's 5 year olds involved. I've always considered you to be much more 'mature' than that.

Borges is a columnist. He's paid to give his takes, and strong takes are preferred by both his bosses and his readers. He was wrong on a couple of doozies about a decade ago. It happens.

If he's busting BB's balls about the Gronk injury, he's wrong there, too, and he's fair game about it. Going back to things in 2001 is idiotic, though.

I understand all that, but I think it's all part of the package with Borges: His vitriol goes back a long way, it shapes his commentary, and the radio segment upon which this thread is based rehashes 2001. Context.

I am with Kontra on this. He only asked for something that should have been provided by the OP in the first place. OP has the advantage of already been there but rather than comply with a fellow poster's simple request, he would rather hurl sarcasm back.

Yes, because "Post links or it didn't happen" is a much more "simple" and efficacious way to get someone to post a link... say as opposed to "Can you post a link please?"

Yes, because "Post links or it didn't happen" is a much more "simple" and efficacious way to get someone to post a link... say as opposed to "Can you post a link please?"

Thank you. I posted the thread seconds after hearing the audio, where would I find a link of what I just heard seconds earlier? Apologies that I'm not that tech saavy.

As far as the Borges thing as someone pointed out the past matters by way of context. The best explanation and critique of Borges vindictive slant was spelled out in Barstool sports (believe it or not), It was right on the money but I don't think I can copy/paste because of copyright policy(?)

Last edited:
Pete Sheppard is not that effective verbally to begin with and when he loses it, as he did there, he's even less effective..............

And another poster says Pete was a little tongue tied?

I find this hard to believe.:rolleyes:

The good news is that I'm also busy. And was looking for more or less one click. But I'll search it later. Thanks for the ultra dry sarcasm though. My skin is cracking because your fingers just produced the Sahara desert by way of keyboard.

He's right. Some people actually work. (This is almost apolitical post.:))

Yes, Kontra was so very rude about the whole thing, wasn't he.

It was a beautiful thing.
Borgie is a longtime dirtbag and it was so great that Pete used a Belichick hating show like D & C to go after another hater, a plagiarizing dirtbagging Borgie.
What made it extra special is that Borgie actually called in to confront Pete after hearing how Pete was ripping him. Pete didn't back down. Was great.

So funny to hear Callahan rip on others in the media for being fanboys when he's the one growing a pup tent in his pants every time he talks to Brady.

Yes, Kontra was so very rude about the whole thing, wasn't he.

About as rude as you are being, which is to say, not very, but in both cases, there were better ways to go about getting a non-sarcastic response. :D

By the way, Peter King was asked why everyone gave the free pass to the Giants on trying to run up the score (the question Sheppard tried to ask Borges):

It's a little different. Belichick's done this often over the years. You need more than one hand to count the times Tom Brady's been in a total blowout in the middle of the fourth quarter. But Coughlin had a reason, I believe. His offense had been struggling for four weeks, and he has every right to use the game to do what he can to make sure his team is back on track for the stretch run. People wouldn't be killing Belichick if it were a one-time occurrence. Obviously, it's not.

Weak logic, from what I can see. So the Patriots are so good they shouldn't try to get better?

Last edited:
About as rude as you are being, which is to say, not very, but in both cases, there were better ways to go about getting a non-sarcastic response. :D

I just wanted to "like" this post and end this thread hijack but the button won't work for some reason.

Thank you. I posted the thread seconds after hearing the audio, where would I find a link of what I just heard seconds earlier? Apologies that I'm not that tech saavy.

Good on you, Bro.

By the way, Peter King was asked why everyone gave the free pass to the Giants on trying to run up the score (the question Sheppard tried to ask Borges):

Weak logic, from what I can see. So the Patriots are so good they shouldn't try to get better?

King has no clue why Coughlin did what he did so he made something up to excuse him, that's pathetic. How about he ran up the score because the other team couldn't stop him. Good game, I'd expect nothing less...

Last edited:
Wow I just listened to the audio. Thanks for the link.

First off I should qualify anything I say because I think Callahan and Dennis are two of the biggest blowhards in this town and if Borges had the level of exposure that those two bozos have, Borges would be in the same category.

The first thing I said on the day the mediates started in on BB for having Gronk play on ST's is "where were these guys week in and week out when Gronk was in the same position on ST's. Saying nothing until a guy gets hurt and then hauling off and wailing on BB is just gutless."

Now Borges claimed during this slugfest that he has been commenting that Gronk should not be on Teams for a long time now. Frankly, I don't remember Borges commenting about it. Does anybody else here remember Borges commenting on Gronk and ST's?

I remember Borges commenting about Brady playing late in blow out games but I honestly don't remember Borges commenting about Gronk on teams until after the injury....just like all the other gutless media wonders that did the same thing.

While Pete S did go after Borges I wish he actually presented more information forcing Borges to refute it or counter it. To often Pete just made a general statement without forcing Borges to counter anything specific.

Pete would say "Ron, are you going to deny that you hate BB". Borges would simply say yes I deny that which left Pete stammering that Borges does hate BB.

To be honest I think all of these media personalities have their favorite guys and their not so favorite guys. Some of them let the personal stuff leak into their columns and their commentary. Others do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back