PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perfect Brady Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost quoted it.
If the above is true then the suspension would have led to Brady losing his job if JAG played well.

Of course neither are true.
I said nothing about a suspension or 4 games. You did.

I said hurt and indefinitely.

I said nothing about a suspension or 4 games. You did.

I said hurt and indefinitely.
If he got injured and would be replaced when he was healthy then it stands to reason if he got suspended he would be replaced when off suspension.

If he got injured and would be replaced when he was healthy then it stands to reason if he got suspended he would be replaced when off suspension.

Not quite.

If Brady gets hurt we don't know how long he is out for and Jimmy plays, BB has made the decision to play him instead of Brady indefinitely.

A suspension is exact. Brady goes back in just like last year.

You think Belichick would bench Brady for Garrapolo because of a preseason performance?

Seriously?
Not if it was just statistics that said he was bad. He would never be benched for bad preseason game day performance.

But if the performance in the preseason you revealed some underlying problem, such a severe reduction in arm strength or loss of Mobility, and it is clear that Tom Brady had significantly lost Talent, I think there is a level of decline that might be revealed in the preseason that would cause Belichick to start Garoppolo.

Now I'm talking about something pretty severe here a complete loss of ability to repeat his mechanics combined with a severe loss of arm strength and obviously struggling to regain form. It would take something absolutely meteoric to dislodge Tom Brady at this point. But to say it's absolutely impossible is probably wrong.

Not quite.

If Brady gets hurt we don't know how long he is out for and Jimmy plays, BB has made the decision to play him instead of Brady indefinitely.

A suspension is exact. Brady goes back in just like last year.
This makes no sense.

This makes no sense.

Sure it does.

Tom is not losing his job unless BB deems his health is/will impeadeing his performance.

Coming back from a suspension we know he is healthy.

Sure it does.

Tom is not losing his job unless BB deems his health is/will impeadeing his performance.

Coming back from a suspension we know he is healthy.
But that's not what you said. You said if Brady gets injured and the team is winning he doesn't get his job back.

But that's not what you said. You said if Brady gets injured and the team is winning he doesn't get his job back.
No I said indefinitely which is an undetermined amount of time.

Everyone saying Brady wants to play for 3+ years. It's unheard of for good QB's continuing to play in their 40s and continue to put numbers that Brady has put up. Eventually he will fall off a cliff, and then what? You really think JG would still be around then? He won't.

And if Brady has no intention of retiring anytime soon, then why don't the Pats use JG as a trade piece?

If Pats win the SB this year and next year he should call it quits. A new decade begins and a new fresh face comes in.

No it does not.

It means you have no idea how long a current situation will stay that way.
Dude come on.
You said if Brady is injured when he is healthy the job is garopollos INDEFINITELY. So when Brady is ready to play he doesn't.
Injured or suspended does not matter because we are taking about after he is healthy. if jimmy had 4 games like the half he played against miami what happens in your mind?

No it does not.

It means you have no idea how long a current situation will stay that way.
But we do. As soon as Brady is ready to play he plays.

The perfect Brady ending would be to hoist his 10th Lombardi when he's 50, a day after Roger Goodel is denied parole.

Not if it was just statistics that said he was bad. He would never be benched for bad preseason game day performance.

But if the performance in the preseason you revealed some underlying problem, such a severe reduction in arm strength or loss of Mobility, and it is clear that Tom Brady had significantly lost Talent, I think there is a level of decline that might be revealed in the preseason that would cause Belichick to start Garoppolo.

Now I'm talking about something pretty severe here a complete loss of ability to repeat his mechanics combined with a severe loss of arm strength and obviously struggling to regain form. It would take something absolutely meteoric to dislodge Tom Brady at this point. But to say it's absolutely impossible is probably wrong.
The scenario you make up is literally impossible.

I think if the Pats win the SB Brady will retire. I think it would be be the perfect ending, Especally if they pull of 19-0, Think about it 6 QBs ahead of him 6 SB how would that not be the perfect way to end it.

I could see him just taking the Lombardi Calling over JG and handing it to him saying he is the man and walks away

This could be the perfect ending to your posting career.

I think if the Pats win the SB Brady will retire. I think it would be be the perfect ending, Especally if they pull of 19-0, Think about it 6 QBs ahead of him 6 SB how would that not be the perfect way to end it.

I could see him just taking the Lombardi Calling over JG and handing it to him saying he is the man and walks away

Perfect ending would be if he wins the next 5 SuperBowls at retires at 45 having won 10.

I don't want Brady to quit because the reason is he can't play anymore. I want Brady to quit when he's won so much, he doesn't care anymore. #goat.

I don't think it's in him to not care anymore.

Please god make it stop...

What is this obsession people have this year with Brady ending his career. He has clearly stated what his plans are. There is no sub text, no symbolism, no secret succession plan.. if his health allows it he wants to continue playing beyond this season. End of Story.

Agreed. And I am so sick of him being asked this in every press conference.

It's poetic...But I'd rather see'm hang on to the Bitter End. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back