PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perez declines to take Varitek's number

Since when did 'eighth in the batting order' Captain Intangibles.....aka.....the Marcus Smart of the Red Saux...... get elevated to such a lofty height his jersey number is now sacred property?

PS....quite a look having his wife defend his sacred number for him on social media. I wouldn't cut in front of her at the deli counter.

Last edited:
Since when did 'eighth in the batting order' Captain Intangibles.....aka.....the Marcus Smart of the Red Saux...... get elevated to such a lofty height his jersey number is now sacred property?

PS....quite a look having his wife defend his sacred number for him on social media. I wouldn't cut in front of her at the deli counter.
Let me know when Smart makes one All Star game, let alone multiple. Varitex was a much better, more important player than Smart will ever be. Ridiculous comparison.

Let me know when Smart makes one All Star game, let alone multiple. Varitex was a much better, more important player than Smart will ever be. Ridiculous comparison.
All Star Brock Holt agrees
:D

Most interesting in this jersey number dust up is the fact that the team clearly doesn't feel compelled to immortalize #33.
I guess there was a 10 year grace period in place but now the team is ready to move on....but the wife isn't.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back