PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Schefter: Tom Brady not ready to accept court ruling today. Mulling options with legal team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always see the point of view of people who want Brady to say something to defend himself, and go scorched earth, and I definitely respect that point of view.

However, up until today, his strategy worked; he won when Berman overturned the suspension last year. So there is something to be said for not speaking out in the press.

I also think that he is listening to his lawyers very closely, and if they say to keep quiet, then he's going to follow that advice. There could be very good legal reasons not to say anything at the podium (those reasons could easily go out the window after this latest result, so we'll see).

Brady also said multiple times last year that when you start talking about yourself, you're putting all of the attention on you, and he thinks that's selfish and hurts the team. That's how he (and every other Patriot) has been conditioned to talk to the press. People here may disagree with that, but along with the legal reasoning, that's why you're not going to hear anything about this from him until he writes his memoirs 5 years after he retires.

it was cool seeing tom with gronk during the offseason working on drills and stuff. same with jules and danny. all of that is pointless.
the offseason is ruined damnit!

The first thought I had upon reading the news of the overturned verdict was that someone paid off the judges. It strains credulity well past the breaking point to suggest that anyone intelligent enough to get onto the bench could somehow conclude that Goodell in any way, shape, or form acted reasonably and without gross abuse of his power. When has it ever been reasonable, in any context at all, to punish someone for possibly being "generally aware" of something that you don't even have proof occurred?

Don Yee is a major contributing factor to the narrative out there. He has given Brady some of the worse advice I have ever heard and seen. If you have destroyed your phone, of what use is it to reveal not only that you have, but when you did it?

I think the entire legal team missed the boat on that. Destroying your phone is actually good practice. I do it. I also destroy my hard drives. Every single person should be doing this. Just because you delete data from your computer doesn't mean it's permanently deleted. Emptying your recycle bin doesn't delete it either. Good article here for those who have no idea what I'm talking about.

And if your phone contains a ton of celebrities, pro athletes, and other famous people, you should absolutely destroy your phone. It would almost be mandatory.

So they should have framed it as such, and made Goodell and the rest of the judges feel old and out of date for not understanding technology. They should have mocked them for their ignorance. And any and every single hater who questioned this should be slapped as an idiot too. Considering the guy can't even go to Starbucks without getting a bunch of people stalking him, of course he's going to destroy his old phone. If you can't understand that, you're a ****ing moron who shouldn't be involved in deciding what to have for lunch on your own, let alone a case like this.

Brady needs to come out and say something. Not just a couple paragraph press release.
It won't matter, he cheated, don't worry about how he just did. I don't care if the science proves it's physically impossible for him to have cheated he did. Won't change anybodies minds. Court doesn't care about facts, he cheated! How did it go from generally aware to a scheme of ball deflation? Doesn't matter, he cheated! Even if he had given them his phone, he still didn't cooperate. Nothing he would have done would have changed that. They decided he cheated so he did just accept it.

It won't matter, he cheated, don't worry about how he just did. I don't care if the science proves it's physically impossible for him to have cheated he did. Won't change anybodies minds. Court doesn't care about facts, he cheated! How did it go from generally aware to a scheme of ball deflation? Doesn't matter, he cheated! Even if he had given them his phone, he still didn't cooperate. Nothing he would have done would have changed that. They decided he cheated so he did just accept it.

Or he can come out and say something and not be a defeatist loser.

Or he can come out and say something and not be a defeatist loser.
Who cares? He's a lying cheater who willfully went under oath and lied when he didn't have to. Because that makes sense. Him coming out and denying it again is going to get good ole Roger to come around.

Zo is as connected as you can get without literally being on the roster.

Zo is as connected as you can get without literally being on the roster.

But what does this mean? Going nuclear or just silently treck along?

If were Kessler I would roast Chin and that other loser for saying arbiters can break the law and be fine. I would push to get them disbarred. That is an anti-American statement.

Why have Patriots players said nothing about this on twitter? Kinda odd...hmm last rulings and the originally one they were pissed. But, all I've seen is Gronk post an article asking for thoughts. I can't come up with any reason for it.

The first thought I had upon reading the news of the overturned verdict was that someone paid off the judges. It strains credulity well past the breaking point to suggest that anyone intelligent enough to get onto the bench could somehow conclude that Goodell in any way, shape, or form acted reasonably and without gross abuse of his power. When has it ever been reasonable, in any context at all, to punish someone for possibly being "generally aware" of something that you don't even have proof occurred?
The two judge majority, for want of a better expression, "mailed it in". They took the easy " article 46 says he can do anything he wants" approach and didn't see the issues of fundamental unfairness and fraud/lying/hypocrisy/shadiness/scumminess/sleaziness/animosity to NEP/jealousy/pettiness/ (did I miss anything) on the part of 345 Park Avenue..... Yes the NFLPA screwed up giving Goodell that power but they assumed as in the past with Rozelle and Tagliabue, there would be fundamental fairness and honesty in the process......not a well paid nitwit former Jet employee who likely has a TB and BB voodoo doll in his office...

Katzmann is well-respected on the 2nd circuit. The hope is that he can convince a majority of the active judges for an en banc hearing.

I can't help but think that Kessler really screwed up by not filing this case in Boston. A district judge there would have ruled in favor of Brady and then you have a bunch of New Englanders sitting on the 1st Circuit who probably would have unanimously ruled on appeal in favor of Brady. Goodell would be dead in the water.

WAR - Scorched Earth on Goodell and the NFL idiocracy

Why have Patriots players said nothing about this on twitter? Kinda odd...hmm last rulings and the originally one they were pissed. But, all I've seen is Gronk post an article asking for thoughts. I can't come up with any reason for it.

My only guess is that BB wants them to keep a lid on it

I can't help but think that Kessler really screwed up by not filing this case in Boston. A district judge there would have ruled in favor of Brady and then you have a bunch of New Englanders sitting on the 1st Circuit who probably would have unanimously ruled on appeal in favor of Brady. Goodell would be dead in the water.
It's BS the NFL can even file first. It doesn't even make sense.

But what does this mean? Going nuclear or just silently treck along?

If were Kessler I would roast Chin and that other loser for saying arbiters can break the law and be fine. I would push to get them disbarred. That is an anti-American statement.

It's Brady's competitive nature to keep fighting, even with his back against the wall. The problem is it's not realistic at this point to expect victory. His fate is in the hands of the Judges of the 2nd circuit. He can't do anything but appeal the panel decision. There will be no more hearings unless the 2nd circuit orders an en banc review - all Kessler can do is file a petition within 14 days. Then that's it - nothing else Brady can do. If I were him I'd just let my lawyers do the lawyering and expect to sit out 4 games.

It's Brady's competitive nature to keep fighting, even with his back against the wall. The problem is it's not realistic at this point to expect victory. His fate is in the hands of the Judges of the 2nd circuit. He can't do anything but appeal the panel decision. There will be no more hearings unless the 2nd circuit orders an en banc review - all Kessler can do is file a petition within 14 days. Then that's it - nothing else Brady can do. If I were him I'd just let my lawyers do the lawyering and expect to sit out 4 games.

Why not go nuclear? What does he have to lose at this point? Even if it won't affect the result he can still make it crystal clear just how he feels about the entire situation. Hold a 30 minute press conference where he just rants and then walk off the stage without taking questions. Anything is better than nothing at this point because right now he's dead in the water, nothing can hurt him more than he already is.

Why not go nuclear? What does he have to lose at this point?

"nuclear" meaning a defamation suit? He can do that, but it won't help him avoid suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back