PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Schefter: Tom Brady not ready to accept court ruling today. Mulling options with legal team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCann on the defamation option:

I'd still like to see McNally and Jastremski move forward.
Isn't the fact that they released the wrong information to the media, refused to correct it and then told the Patriots the correct measurements only on the condition they did not make them public proof of actual malice?

Does anybody have access to the latest happenings in the former Dolphins OL coach's defamation lawsuit against Wells? The latest update I can find is February 22, with there being arguments about whether to move forward with discovery. If the CBA protects Goodell from a defamation lawsuit, then this doesn't seem like a terrible alternative.

Ex-Dolphins Coach Wants To Keep Paul Weiss Case Moving - Law360

Isn't the fact that they released the wrong information to the media, refused to correct it and then told the Patriots the correct measurements only on the condition they did not make them public proof of actual malice?

This piece is still just beyond belief. The NFL leaked incorrect information - maybe deliberately or maybe by accident. But even giving them the benefit of the doubt (which is very hard to do, but still), they knew very shortly thereafter that the information was dead wrong. And not only didn't they correct it, as you pointed out Andy, they told the Pats that they could have the information only on the condition that they not release it to the public.

That alone, right there, should have been enough for any court to say, ok, this is a total load of crap. Even if Brady did something, you are not treating him or the Patriots fairly or reasonably. How can ANYONE think that this behavior is the act of someone on the up-and-up?

OK, so you think Goodell would have done nothing if Brady acted mad.
Gotcha. Good one.

And the whole world would have said the reports of 11 of 12 balls were wrong, and the Patriots are the most honestest team in all the land.

Done something? As in what? Hire a firm to conduct an investigation? Maybe, but there would've been a push to let it go clearly, as there is now.

You're not getting it. If Tom comes out swinging, there's no media bias swaying the lay of the land, so to speak

And once again, the 11 out of 12 was a lie. So call it out as a lie, question the real criminals here, the refs, and tell the NFL to pony up the proof, if that really was the truth. No one did like morons and they happily sat back and obliged.

Done something? As in what? Hire a firm to conduct an investigation? Maybe, but there would've been a push to let it go clearly, as there is now.

You're not getting it. If Tom comes out swinging, there's no media bias swaying the lay of the land, so to speak

And once again, the 11 out of 12 was a lie. So call it out as a lie, question the real criminals here, the refs, and tell the NFL to pony up the proof, if that really was the truth. No one did like morons and they happily sat back and obliged.
That is simply not true.
Belichick came out and showed the science. What did that stop?
The NFL kept that lie up for months, what do you think they would correct it because Brady was mad?
Kraft publicly asked for an apology.
You are living in a dream world. Words from weren't going to affect anything.

13100934_10201555123757410_1217861631875487230_n-jpg.12774

and as Goddell is unveiling Goff, someone walks onto the stage and hands Goddell his defamation suit.

That is simply not true.
Belichick came out and showed the science. What did that stop?
The NFL kept that lie up for months, what do you think they would correct it because Brady was mad?
Kraft publicly asked for an apology.
You are living in a dream world. Words from weren't going to affect anything.

You have no idea what would be true or not, just like I do not. It's all my opinion of what hypothetically could and should have happened. Telling me that I live in a "dream world" is idiotic considering EVERYTHING you responding to was a hypothetical from the START.

Yeah, I guess you really are being dense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back