PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Peppers is back

Good signing. Liked him last year.

Get a #1 corner and a real MLB with even a modest degree of athleticism and the D might be something.

Sexy Hot Stuff GIF by Deadlyie

Always felt surreal to have him given his draft hype here and everywhere else

Good player. Kinda redundant with Phillips and Dugger, but a nice piece to bring back.
It’s interesting. They are all good players but definitely more of strong safeties than free safeties. I’m curious who will play the single high safety role when they play that formation.

Good player. Kinda redundant with Phillips and Dugger, but a nice piece to bring back.
All three have missed times in recent years. I like all three as cogs in the machine. Maybe Duggar has the ability to shine / be a difference maker.

It’s interesting. They are all good players but definitely more of strong safeties than free safeties. I’m curious who will play the single high safety role when they play that formation.
Bledsoe is in the mix as well.

I feel like this was one place they could have saved money by promoting a guy like Joshua Bledsoe into more of a factor on defense, but I'm sure it's low enough pay that it won't make a difference. I guess at this point they might intend on using a combination of Mills/Jonathan Jones and the strong safeties at the deeper spot.

It seemed like for years BB was searching for that hybrid safety/LB guy - who was that guy Tank something or other? Now we have 3 of them, gives us fantastic flexibility, depth, and uber-physical safeties.

He was definitely decent last year, will probably improve in 2023. Good depth and possibly a layer of insurance if Dugger isn't able to be retained beyond 2023.

I like it, more DB depth is good, even if he plays more of the sub-LB role. Hopefully he can eliminate the bonehead penalties on special teams.

He was definitely decent last year, will probably improve in 2023. Good depth and possibly a layer of insurance if Dugger isn't able to be retained beyond 2023.
Our base defense is a 3 safety nickel defense.
If you want to compare it to a traditional 3-4 or 4-3 base we have one really small linebacker who is a good cover lb, by using a safety there.
In true nickel/dime passing situation we remove a lb (or in this case S) for a nickel corner.
I think Phillips, dugger and peppers are all capable of playing any of the 3 spots, so we have flexibility in how we align, disguise and attack.

Last year the 4 safeties played 2953 snaps, about 2.6 safeties per play.
I’d expect these 3 to split most of those snaps all 800+ with Bledsoe playing a smaller role behind them or filling in for injuries.

As of now I see
Dugger
Peppers
Phillips
Jones
Mills
Jones
Jones

Getting the vast majority of snaps in the secondary barring injury.

It seemed like for years BB was searching for that hybrid safety/LB guy - who was that guy Tank something or other? Now we have 3 of them, gives us fantastic flexibility, depth, and uber-physical safeties.
Tank Williams, was a favorite of the board.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back