PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

People are saying other teams would pick up Peyton?

That'd be insane if manning got cut for a second time. Or is he trade able? Not sure how his contract is structured

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/12/peyton-manning-torn-right-quad-colts-playoff-loss-retire-already/
[UPDATE: The Denver Broncos say he ‘strained’ his right quad, but it was never a tear. They told the Denver Post if it was torn, he would not have played.]

Must be his agent looking to silence the critics. Thing is, Manning’s played poorly for well over a month, dating back to the Kansas City road win after Thanksgiving. That’s when he started attempting fewer passes – two weeks earlier, he threw 54 passes in a road loss to St. Louis – and when he was forced to throw more (Cincinnati, Indianapolis) Manning’s arm couldn’t hold up.

Was just a strain. Peyton just sucks in the play offs. No news. Peyton sucks and so does Denver
Everybody overrated them, story of Peyton's life

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-manning-quad-injury-denver-broncos/21636445/

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning played the final month of the regular season and the playoffs with a strained right quadriceps muscle, but not a full tear, a person informed of Manning's diagnosis told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because Manning had not publicly disclosed the extent of the injury.

That diagnosis, made by the Broncos medical staff after Manning was injured in a game against San Diego last month, contradicts a report Monday from ESPN that Manning played through a torn muscle.

The person told USA TODAY Sports that if Manning had a tear in his quad, he would not have been cleared to play over the past month.

A team with all the ingredients but no decent QB might want a guy like Peyton right now - heck, most teams would, but paying that kind of money for a 1-year rental who has a very good chance of being done, wouldn't really be smart.

If the Peyton we saw last week is the new end-of-year Peyton, then there's no way he's worth anywhere near his salary. That wasn't a playoff choke - that was a QB who couldn't physically deliver the ball. I saw that in a few games from him this year.

I don't see anywhere for Peyton to go. The NFC South? He doesn't have the balls to come to the AFC East or the AFC North, I seriously doubt he has it in him to go to Luck's division or be eclipsed by JJ Watt.

For Peyton to be Peyton, he needs to do what Peyton has always done, which is be in a sorry, helpless division with no challenges, no elements, and no gritty defenses.

I don't see anywhere for him to go.

Even in the NFC it looks like his only feasible option could be Tampa and not much else.

On other boards. Are they taking crazy pill or am I?

Peyton looks done to me. I cant imagine another team picking him up

Do not post when drunk. :)

We see Brady and wonder what the big deal is. Imagine you're in Tampa Bay, or the Jets.
There are plenty of teams that hold a parade if they make the playoffs.

And, yes, he is a rental. Draft the future QB that you can see moving into "Peyton's offense" after a year of scout team QB and you are a genius GM that wants to win now as he plans for the future.

Again, not a good team that has answers in place.

And you forget that most team owners are idiots.

The question is "would Peyton go to a lousy team?" The only decent-ish team without a QB I can think of is Houston. Maybe I can see Chicago, but they are a cold weather city that is interested in Fox. (Apparently we can add coach-killer to his legacy, since friction with Fox helped lead to Fox's ouster.)

Do not post when drunk. :)

We see Brady and wonder what the big deal is. Imagine you're in Tampa Bay, or the Jets.
There are plenty of teams that hold a parade if they make the playoffs.

And, yes, he is a rental. Draft the future QB that you can see moving into "Peyton's offense" after a year of scout team QB and you are a genius GM that wants to win now as he plans for the future.

Again, not a good team that has answers in place.

And you forget that most team owners are idiots.

The question is "would Peyton go to a lousy team?" The only decent-ish team without a QB I can think of is Houston. Maybe I can see Chicago, but they are a cold weather city that is interested in Fox. (Apparently we can add coach-killer to his legacy, since friction with Fox helped lead to Fox's ouster.)

Peyton won't go to Rodgers division, in the cold, when he would have to play in wintery Chicago and Lambeau and against good teams like the Lions.

Nobody pining for the Bills to sign?
I'm still holding out hope they sign Sanchez. Maybe Peyton in Miami - Heck with their almost annual 1 win in the series with the patriots each year, his numbers vs. Brady would go up.:)

Not inserting quotes (or not letting me see I inserted it 3 times :) )Good point, Pats16N0.

I'm still holding out hope they sign Sanchez. Maybe Peyton in Miami - Heck with their almost annual 1 win in the series with the patriots each year, his numbers vs. Brady would go up.:)

He doesn't have the balls to come to Tom Brady's division either, and Miami has a QB.

Peyton won't go to Rodgers division, in the cold, when he would have to play in wintery Chicago and Lambeau and against good teams like the Lions.

He also won't go to a team that has no weapons. Unlike Brady who can win with few weapons, Manning cannot...especially with him declining so much. The receivers on the Broncos hid Manning's weaknesses. They made him look a lot better than what he is able to do.

Manning's options are limited. I don't think Manning plays anywhere else if the Broncos get rid of him. I can't imagine any team available having the weapons to hide the weaknesses of Manning.

IMO, it's either stay on the Broncos if they decide to not trade/release him or retire. If he does decide to go to another team, I don't think he will be anywhere near as good as he was with the Broncos.

If the Bills sign Sanchez, the Bills will go to the playoffs.

If the Bills sign Sanchez, the Bills will go to the playoffs.

I think the book is out on Sanchez, and he wouldn't look good at all outside of Chip Kelly's system.

I think the book is out on Sanchez, and he wouldn't look good at all outside of Chip Kelly's system.

Sanchez would be put in the same position he was as a rookie and sophomore. They'd take the air out of the ball, set up the running game, and just have Sanchez completely pulled back. The new OC, Roman, has been dealing with the Gore-led run style offense in SF, so this would be an easy fit.

The AFCE is facing the AFCS and NFCE next season
The AFCN is facing the AFCW and NFCW
The AFCW is facing the AFCN and NFCN

That should (admittedly, we have to project) mean that the AFCE has the easiest opponents. For a 9-7 team that was one win away from the playoffs, that could easily be the difference.

Sanchez would be put in the same position he was as a rookie and sophomore. They'd take the air out of the ball, set up the running game, and just have Sanchez completely pulled back. The new OC, Roman, has been dealing with the Gore-led run style offense in SF, so this would be an easy fit.

The AFCE is facing the AFCS and NFCE next season
The AFCN is facing the AFCW and NFCW
The AFCW is facing the AFCN and NFCN

That should (admittedly, we have to project) mean that the AFCE has the easiest opponents. For a 9-7 team that was one win away from the playoffs, that could easily be the difference.

A fair point, I hadn't considered the schedules. That's essentially how three teams made the playoffs from the North this year after all. I still don't trust Sanchez and believe Rex to be overrated as a defensive coach. He's good, but I have a hard time believing he'll improve on a defense that was already 4th or 5th in the league in points allowed.

No chance Manning steps foot in the AFCE.... he has seen enough Bradyness in his career.

I think he's such a stat whore, he'd only go to teams in the AFC/NFC south or AFC West. All of he other conferences are too tough and his stats will suffer.

I don't think that he would want to be stepped on by Suh.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back