PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m waiting for someone in the national media to start asking why the NFL would release false PSI data about the Patriots and Colts footballs to make New England look guilty. A sports league falsely incriminating one of it’s teams, especially one preparing for a championship game, is a significant story that everyone ignored.
It should be coming any day, along with the AB signing.

Unpopular opinion: Even though there was no competitive advantage, they admitted that people employed by the team violated a rule. It’s like getting caught in the carpool lane or going 5 miles over the speed limit, it doesn’t make you a bad person but if they punish you for it, you can’t really complain.

This was an unenforceable error and quite frankly I never want to here about this web series ever again because of it.

All of this is bullcrap and fodder for the Pats haters.. still trying to figure out the competitive advantage for "Spygate" and the ignorance over the "Ideal Gas Law" that was ignored by Roger and his minions..

If the team loses (a) pick(s) I wouldn't be shocked if Belichick walks, either to another team or from the league, and understandably so.

Why would he go to another team? Lets say he did. If someone on that team did something wrong with a camera that team would presumably get picks taken away. Not the Patriots.

Unpopular opinion: Even though there was no competitive advantage, they admitted that people employed by the team violated a rule. It’s like getting caught in the carpool lane or going 5 miles over the speed limit, it doesn’t make you a bad person but if they punish you for it, you can’t really complain.

This was an unenforceable error and quite frankly I never want to here about this web series ever again because of it.

Right but if they give you the death penalty for your infraction, that would be unfair, no?

All of this is bullcrap and fodder for the Pats haters.. still trying to figure out the competitive advantage for "Spygate" and the ignorance over the "Ideal Gas Law" that was ignored by Roger and his minions..

In Spygate there was a competitive advantage gained. You match down, distance, score and game clock to hand signals and defensive formations. Even BB admitted that he got at least a 1% advantage from analyzing all this film.

In Spygate there was a competitive advantage gained. You match down, distance, score and game clock to hand signals and defensive formations. Even BB admitted that he got at least a 1% advantage from analyzing all this film.

That's not what he said. Here's the quote that I think you are referring to.

"How much did this help us on a scale of 1 to 100?" Kraft asked Belichick in an excerpt from the Boston Globe.

"One," Belichick responded.

Other teams were doing the same thing, just not from the sideline. Jimmy Johnson talked about how his coaches talked him in to doing the exact same thing, but that he eventually stopped it because he thought it was a waste of time.

Great way to start the day.

All they have to say is rule broken but no advantage gained and more importantly no advantage looked for. That stops the “cheating” talk imo. I hope they do the right thing.

This also says to me the tape backs up their story. If it didn’t we would be hearing leaks about suspensions.

Last edited:

The league also said Spygate was no competitive advantage gained and they hammered us anyway. I hope this time they also say they didn’t try to gain one. That’s key. A penalty in some form is coming... they admitted a rule was broken and “repeat offender”. The after effects of it in perception depend what the league says.

Next time put it in the job description...no matter what you are doing... do not point a fkn camera at the sideline. For any reason.

Last edited:
From the report... maybe good news. We’ll see.
=======================
It does not appear that the NFL is targeting Belichick or any members of the Patriots’ football staff for punishment in this case. One person familiar with the deliberations said the Patriots “acknowledged the violation” but suggested that no individual members of the organization are being viewed as repeat offenders under the sport’s competitive rules in this case.
=======================

From the report... maybe good news. We’ll see.
=======================
It does not appear that the NFL is targeting Belichick or any members of the Patriots’ football staff for punishment in this case. One person familiar with the deliberations said the Patriots “acknowledged the violation” but suggested that no individual members of the organization are being viewed as repeat offenders under the sport’s competitive rules in this case.
=======================
So AB is not coming back?

I never want to here about this web series ever again because of it.
Never have watched it.

Patriots are guilty this time unlike the last time.

If commissh wants to fine virtue signaling owner heavy, I am OK with that.
If he feels a 6 or 7th round pick loss or dropping a 5th round down is warranted I understand.
Anything else would be a little harsh imo.

I wonder if the NFL will wait till after the super bowl before they give out punishment...thinking it would look bad if the Pats were fined and then won their precious #100.

Thank god we have the best owner in the league so that his influence with the NFL doesn't cause the league to treat his team as an outlier when it comes to punishing them for similar or lesser infractions than the other teams with sh%*^ty owners. We are so blessed. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NFL should place EBB on the exempt list

Never have watched it.

Patriots are guilty this time unlike the last time.

If commissh wants to fine virtue signaling owner heavy, I am OK with that.
If he feels a 6 or 7th round pick loss or dropping a 5th round down is warranted I understand.
Anything else would be a little harsh imo.

What?

Krafts Sports & Entertainment (KSE) has nothing to do with football operations, whatsoever.

The content they produce are for docs and streaming media like "Do Your Job." They don't take orders from football operations- that'd be like the Army taking orders from the Navy.

I would be absolutely stunned if we were stripped of picks or if anyone in football operations were fined.

If anything Kraft Group will be the one that gets fined.

...and all eyes will be on the post game handshake.

Young Padawan Taylor the rat and the evil Sith Lord who's mommy still has his football cards from 1959 in a shoebox.

Anyway i do not see Bengals guilty...why they should be...

Should be an organizational based penalty ...
Fine and a suspension for Bob Kraft because it is his production company.

This is definitely for the good of the 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes