PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone with a college degree can potentially be educated, but someone without one cannot unless they really teach themselves (something that is rare). Roger Goodell is the best example of someone with a college degree that's relatively uneducated. The guy couldnt understand basic physics in deflategate. Not only that he has trouble speaking and being articulate. Abraham Lincoln is an example of someone highly educated without a formal education.
There’s a difference between knowing and not wanting to know. Goodell is an example of the second.

I believe it was called out in Wickersham’s Spygate report from a few years ago. Who knows if it was true.

I don’t think there is any legacy smudging as proven cheating did not take place but these events will be there and a footnote in the story of the 2001-2020+ Patriots when that story is told.

Legacy smudging only happens when wins/medals are vacated. They’re not, so everyone will carry on focus their hate on the next team that dominates. How strange that everyone suddenly hated the Warriors “and their fans” and talked about how their championships were unfair, officiating biases, etc etc and now don’t give a crap. The Lakers were literally given a ref being blackmailed against the Kings back in the day in maybe the worst cheating scandal ever (one thing for teams to seek an edge, quite another for officials.)

The exception to this is baseball’s steroid era, though it’s really individual players and not teams that are considered tainted. But having lived through this, I understand why this is just different. Many sacred records were absolutely demolished in a very traditional sport, and I think what bothers most people subconsciously is that the players were cheating for total self-interest and not for the team (even if the team benefitted.) People tend to hate/refuse to move on from individual cheating (like Lance Armstrong) more than team cheating as human nature. Even the Astros scandal, which is really bad, will ultimately be forgotten about in a few years, just another team that bent the rules because they wanted to win, unless the World Series is vacated, which is highly unlikely.

Ok, well, from age 18-22, where is that found?
Oh sorry didn’t know age was a qualifier to an education. But since you ask, internships with trade unions and the like. Books. Reinforcing what you’ve already learned at an earlier age. Conferences on any subject. Community centers. Parents. Friends. Arts. The Marx Brothers. Patsfans.com.

Whoa, PatsDynasty2 all up in this today. Shades of Stephenson right there, come to think of it the avatar looks a bit familiar too...

Not from a very good school, so he's in the uneducated boat...

Washington and Jefferson is an excellent school. I don't like Goodell but to say he didn't go to a very good school is just not accurate.

Howe has a detailed article just posted on the Athletic. Basically, it says the scout wasn't in a position to see what the video crew was doing once the game started...
Damn. Howe is a thorough reporter.

Whoa, PatsDynasty2 all up in this today. Shades of Stephenson right there, come to think of it the avatar looks a bit familiar too...
Is that really him? Hes been ok the deal with so far.

Someone with a college degree can potentially be educated, but someone without one cannot unless they really teach themselves (something that is rare). Roger Goodell is the best example of someone with a college degree that's relatively uneducated. The guy couldnt understand basic physics in deflategate. Not only that he has trouble speaking and being articulate. Abraham Lincoln is an example of someone highly educated without a formal education.

That might be the most pompous thing I have ever read on here. There are lots of highly intelligent people without a degree. MENSA has member from every walk of life, truck drivers, electricians, welders. Just because someone doesn't get a degree doesn't mean the unable to learn.

Damn. Howe is a thorough reporter.
I’ve really grown to like his work, he’s one of my few go-to credible Boston sports media guys nowadays. He produces more in 1 day than Volin does in 1 year.

Is that really him? Hes been ok the deal with so far.

Not saying it is, just noting some similarities. Coincidences happen, look how many of us (ahem, cough) misinterpreted multiple things about Ring Johnson...er Ring 6 to the point where he had to declaratively and forcefully state he was not Andy 6...er...Johnson. ;)

you actually think the majority of college grads with crappy majors learn much? ha

Hmm.

College is a lot more than just choosing a major. Wow. I mean, this is how I know you missed it.

I learned about life, as much as anything, how to listen, learn from others from different walks of life, etc. It's about growing.

If you miss that window and just sit in a basement thinking you know everything, you've lost.

I’ve really grown to like his work, he’s one of my few go-to credible Boston sports media guys nowadays. He produces more in 1 day than Volin does in 1 year.

He's been awesome from day 1. I have noticed a slight change in him since he joined the Athletic.

I am not a big fan of slimy Bedard. He likes to use his perch to take shots at BB. Like last year, he claimed the team lacked talent. Still makes me laugh as does that analysis right now on offense.

No, it's being used properly.

But, yeah, Howe comes off like an old school journalist, with no agenda, and willing to get the facts alongside his research done in full.

Ssw
That might be the most pompous thing I have ever read on here. There are lots of highly intelligent people without a degree. MENSA has member from every walk of life, truck drivers, electricians, welders. Just because someone doesn't get a degree doesn't mean the unable to learn.

There is a difference between being educated and being intelligent. Being educated means you know how the world works around you. You can be an intelligent truck driver, etc. But the truck driver is not educated unless he reads up, teaches himself, or otherwise learns about things he missed in school like physics, finance, sociology, etc. Education in short is about what you know.

Hmm.

College is a lot more than just choosing a major. Wow. I mean, this is how I know you missed it.

I learned about life, as much as anything, how to listen, learn from others from different walks of life, etc. It's about growing.

If you miss that window and just sit in a basement thinking you know everything, you've lost.
disagree..so may majors are basically worthless and all the student gets is a good brain washing..College for most is a big scam..

Oh sorry didn’t know age was a qualifier to an education. But since you ask, internships with trade unions and the like. Books. Reinforcing what you’ve already learned at an earlier age. Conferences on any subject. Community centers. Parents. Friends. Arts. The Marx Brothers. Patsfans.com.

It's not necessarily, but it's the continuous growth in education from high school and onward.

What's next, you dropped out of high school and it was a good move?

You seem a bit insecure, even though college may not be for everyone, sure.

...and what Howe authors is fact-checked and corroborated by multiple sources.

It takes 3 days for Trollin to Google something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes