PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and comment that may rub some of the Bob Kraft supporters the wrong way. ;)

Since many are arguing that Kraft has a share of the success of the team then shouldn't he also share the blame when things go wrong?

I believe that Kraft should take the blame for this screw up. It had nothing to do with the football side of the operation but they'll take the heat for it. This is also a reflection of the poor way Kraft handled Crygate and Defamegate in the past.

You just came up with that????

It’s pretty much what everyone on this board has been saying for the past 2+ days.

Wouldn't it be incredible if the Pats went on to win the whole thing again this year, in spite of everything? You can bet your bippy that in spite of our troubles some teams still won't want to play the Pats in the playoffs.

I’d love to see the Commish up there getting booed out of the stadium again!!!!

Can’t experience that one enough times.

You just came up with that????

It’s pretty much what everyone on this board has been saying for the past 2+ days.

I wouldn't know. The only thread I was reading that was critical of Kraft got locked because you couldn't stop going back and forth with the same arguments.

I’d love to see the Commish up there getting booed out of the stadium again!!!!

Can’t experience that one enough times.

That's for sure.

What troubles me is the negativity by some fans. If we should have learned anything by now, it's that you can't count this team out until they've been eliminated.

Even with all of their problems I doubt that there are teams that would choose to play the Pats in the playoffs if they had a choice.

I honestly hold no ill will towards Cincinnati. They didn't do anything wrong.

They should have questioned the Patriots video crew instead of turning us over to the league. They actually videotaped our TV monitor for 8 mins instead of stopping us. We could have cleared up the misunderstanding.

I really want the Pats to go to Cinci and just absolutely demolish them. Like 50-0. And run up the score as well. Go for the TD with 1 second left on their 1 yard line. And all the patriots fans at the game should bring their phones and record the Cinci sideline just for fun - to see how little the players care...

And sorry if someone else posted the same thing earlier!

Yes but the real guy who should be put in the iron maiden is....

View attachment 25493

Hes a VP for cripes sake. It all starts and stops with him and hes been around long enough to know better. Plus its not like hes running a 4000 person organization. I bet hes got a org of 15 people tops. If he has an inability to communicate and message his team something as important as the dos and don't of NFL Gameday policies he should be fired for incompetence.

That's fine, but he's also not part of the team management of the organization either. The rule applies to team personnel, not anything peripheral to the football operations.

I think Cincy wildly overreacted and acted unprofessionally. Why wouldn't you just confront the Browns and Kraft Productions together and act like an adult? It's a very simple explanation.

Goodell has enabled these gotcha game mentality and it's totally embarrassing. What's even more embarrassing is the dorky fans who want it in the sport.

I wonder how many times this comes up during a season where NE is harrassed by a team that just wants to harrass them because they know they can with Goodell's backing.

We've seen the outright cheating by refs in the games against NE through the years. It's open season on NE because Goodell is always looking for things to use to try steal picks, which is the first thing I thought of with Deflategate and knew it was manufactured.

Spygate changed it all. It was then where NE knew they would be held to a different standard than everyone else and the commissioner would absolutely lie if he could frame a story in a way to garner public support.

Personally, I'd like to see Kraft and BB take the gloves off here, instead of being so nice about these things.

Kraft's generic statement the other night wasn't enough. He should be saying something like "I've already talked to Mike Brown and apologized for not being more proactive out of respect for the Bengals, but there was no intent here at all. Anything beyond that is a beyond ridiculous. This is the 100th Anniversary of the league, let's all act like it is."

Something like that. Instead, he just bends over the sink again. Very annoying.

can someone explain something to me? i must be missing something obvious.

the people involved in this are independent contractors and have nothing to do with football ops.

what about the scout? he is football ops, no? and he wouldn't have been aware of the rule and said we shouldn't do that? I'm a little confused

Correct and correct. Felger and Mazz were trying to act like since all of the Kraft Productions employees, whether an actual employee or a contracted 1099 regional employee, were all not independent, this actually means something. LOL

They're so dumb.

But, yeah, the advanced scout is absolutely part of the football ops, except he wasn't filming anything, which I think is the part that Goodell is going to have a legal issue with there. The rule is about people filming who work for the football team within day to day operations, not something peripheral to it.

I am not one to sit here with an NFL rulebook, but the rule in play talks about team personnel, not people who are not involved in the day to day gameday operations who would know about the rules better.

I wouldn't know. The only thread I was reading that was critical of Kraft got locked because you couldn't stop going back and forth with the same arguments.

Pretty funny - - have you tried reading THIS ONE?

I honestly hold no ill will towards Cincinnati. They didn't do anything wrong.

I think they did.

First, they were reported as being "angry". Second, they made a huge deal of it an acted passive aggressively.

They ALSO broke a rule in that there were filming NE in the Browns stadium without permission from the Browns.

If you're literally standing right there with NFL personnel, Browns personnel, the media, etc, in a press box with a big open area with sliding glass windows, etc, why are you just not walking up to the proper people and inquiring what is going on as opposed to running to the media, acting all weird, and then making sure the media knows what you're doing to possibly misrepresent a situation?

Put it this way, do you think the Pats would handle it this way? I don't.

I really want the Pats to go to Cinci and just absolutely demolish them. Like 50-0. And run up the score as well. Go for the TD with 1 second left on their 1 yard line. And all the patriots fans at the game should bring their phones and record the Cinci sideline just for fun - to see how little the players care...

And sorry if someone else posted the same thing earlier!

More in BB's style to sit Edelman to rest his injuries and scratch out a win, while getting Jules in better shape for the Buffalo game which will be the only real important one left in 2019.

Also, Cincy sucks. Why not force Brady to give Meyers and Harry a full workout this Sunday and downgrade Sanu and Dorsett to #3 and #4 a bit. Strengthen the team depth/experience for the stretch/playoffs against a putrid team that is mailing it in.

The far greater revenge would be against the schmuck who is right now dragging his feet and settling this "investigation" in order to wring out more national anger at the Pats. The bigger goal is to see this again in 8 weeks:

Patriots will get a large fine and lose a draft pick. It would have been a lot worse if it had been done in secrecy, like the Jets videotaping. This was done in open view and is a case of incompetence/negligence. But because it's a 2nd offense and anyone with any ties to the Patriots should have known better, we're losing a pick and getting fined.

More in BB's style to sit Edelman to rest his injuries and scratch out a win, while getting Jules in better shape for the Buffalo game which will be the only real important one left in 2019.

Also, Cincy sucks. Why not force Brady to give Meyers and Harry a full workout this Sunday and downgrade Sanu and Dorsett to #3 and #4 a bit. Strengthen the team depth/experience for the stretch/playoffs against a putrid team that is mailing it in.

Agree with your logic but I'm not sure we are playing at such a high level where we can sit JE.

We need wins.

I think they did.

First, they were reported as being "angry". Second, they made a huge deal of it an acted passive aggressively.

They ALSO broke a rule in that there were filming NE in the Browns stadium without permission from the Browns.

If you're literally standing right there with NFL personnel, Browns personnel, the media, etc, in a press box with a big open area with sliding glass windows, etc, why are you just not walking up to the proper people and inquiring what is going on as opposed to running to the media, acting all weird, and then making sure the media knows what you're doing to possibly misrepresent a situation?

Your common sense is refreshing.

I think they did.

You think they did what exactly?

They received permission from the Browns. They did not receive permission from the Bungles who were the visiting team.

Patriots will get a large fine and lose a draft pick. It would have been a lot worse if it had been done in secrecy, like the Jets videotaping. This was done in open view and is a case of incompetence/negligence. But because it's a 2nd offense and anyone with any ties to the Patriots should have known better, we're losing a pick and getting fined.

They won't lose a draft pick. Kraft has been diplomatic to a fault through the years but I can't see that remaining so if the NFL takes away a pick in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back