PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is there was nothing to deflategate, yet the league found them guilty because of spygate. Does anyone actually believe that given a chance the league will not screw the Pats every single time they can? The Pats are gonna get whacked by this and whacked hard.

I tend to agree. Truth is irrelevant in todays world. Even with something as simple as air pressure, the narrative can be skewed. This will be skewed as the Patriots got caught cheating again.

What penalties should we expect the NFL to impose on...

H
owe predicts a $1 million fine, Underhill says more than that. They agree that there is currently no evidence to support a football-related punishment.

If it’s 7 figures, then I’m not sure how anybody involved keeps a job. I know I wouldn’t if I made a mistake that costly.

The solution here is just to allow teams to video record whatever the heck they want, provided they are given a room with no communication equipment or ability to signal live (though remember, the guys standing across the field already see the same thing as the cameraman.). We’ve reached a point where technology exists and recording these things are simple; they can be done from a smart phone, and I’d be surprised if most teams don’t have someone planted in the stands to video the game on their phone.

Hence, signals are communicated via radio and hand signals used infrequently. We already see most coaches avoiding lip against every team, not just the Patriots. This is a dumb, outdated rule that has been and then corrected by technology.

And in terms of hand signals, do you think the Patriots has the same ones every game? Of course not. I think Belichick was annoyed when that 2015 article came out about the “mistrust” around the league of the Patriots trying to get every edge possible. To Belichick, and to a lot of old school guys, it’s like, “no, duh, that’s my job.” You heard yesterday how he still says he is aggressive and approaches the line without toeing it, and he didn’t say it to sound contrite.

H
owe predicts a $1 million fine, Underhill says more than that. They agree that there is currently no evidence to support a football-related punishment.

If it’s 7 figures, then I’m not sure how anybody involved keeps a job. I know I wouldn’t if I made a mistake that costly.

Wow, what a joke if that’s true (absurdly over the top), but I could couldn’t give 2 shts about Bobby’s check book. Let’s consider this part of the money he saved when he didn’t attempt to take legal action in 2015.

So his logic is because Spygate 1 came with a penalty of a lost 1st rounder, Spygate 2 (repeat offender) would carry a penalty of 2 -1st rounders?

Thats a helluva leap.

It's a hell of a leap considering the genesis of how all of this started:

1. Jets sneak around and tamper for Parcells in 1997, cheating, distracting our team for the SB.
2. Kraft asks to speak and interview BB in 2000. Wish granted, but NY demands a 1st rd pick if BB is offered the gig in NE. Done deal.
3. BB drafts Brady, develops him, builds a dynasty in the Cap Era.
4. Woody Johnson sits there seething knowing he made the wrong choice in Parcells, as old man Parcells was worn out and the game had passed him by, including personnel and GM understanding in a new era.
5. Woody Johnson volunteers to bring in a new commissioner, even though Tagliabue was doing very well, as the NFL shoots by MLB as the most popular sport around. This is where you can see the intent by the Jets and the league, to be able to cheat a team like NE, but do it in such a way that fans won't notice.
6. Woody Johnson does not respect NE, asks to interview a very inexperienced Mangini, after only 1 year as a DC, with mediocre results from the 2005 D. Again this all occurs after NE wins 3 SBs in 4 years.
7. Mangini accepts the role in NY, tries to steal laptops and Pats property, before taking half of BB's staff, against BB's wishes. Mangini is locked out of the building and forever dead to the Pats organization.
8. Mangini divulges BB's approaches as a GM and Coach and Woody Johnson sees to it that his new commissioner of choice, a former Jets employee and Jets fan, Roger Goodell, listens to his sales pitch as to why NE doesn't need anymore help with BB and Brady together for the foreseeable future and how a dominant team in the league is bad for business.
9. Goodell's first order of business on 9.6.06 (no lie, that is the exact date) is to change the wording of the filming rule to actually include filming hand signals, which was the change to the rule.
10. BB reads the memo in 2006, probably smiles knowing WHY it happened, but is also annoyed being targeted due the success of the Pats.
10, Mangini has the balls to ask for 2 filming locations in Foxborough in January 2007 during a playoff game, no less.
11. BB shows in Week 1, after trading for Moss and Welker, adding Seau, and prized FA piece (At the time), Adalius Thomas, with their road video coordinator, out on the sideline as a big FU to the NY Jets and Manboobs.

This is literally why we are here today. An inter-franchise spat between two teams, started by the Jets a decade prior, has now catapulted Goodell into using ways to garner support with teams alongside the Jets, who pile on and want Goodell to do something.

So, he frames the Pats for something more than what was being done, to be able to make sure he can take a 1st rd pick, otherwise people will figure out something is up.

Meanwhile, as obvious as all of this is, the general public is too stupid or doesn't want to see how obvious this is, simply because they just want harm done to NE. The NFL sees millions being left on the table, ratings dropping with NE's continued dominance, making a mockery of the Cap and parity, and here we are.

Absolute and complete mental break downs by very stupid and jealous NFL fans, owners, GMs and coaches everywhere outside of NE with the media happily ready to lie to get clicks on their webpages.

Wow, what a joke if that’s true (absurdly over the top), but I could couldn’t give 2 shts about Bobby’s check book. Let’s consider this part of the money he saved when he didn’t attempt to take legal action in 2015.

There should be nothing other than an apology to Mike Brown ,which I am assuming has already happened and an apology publicly, and that's it.

The NFL would need to cite in the NFL rulebook how a production company is tied to an NFL team, in order to even give a fine.

Talk about blowing something completely out of proportion here.

If its a $1M fine, then people will say the cheating must have been really bad for the league to come down that hard...this should be a 50K fine at worst.

It's a hell of a leap considering the genesis of how all of this started:

1. Jets sneak around and tamper for Parcells in 1997, cheating, distracting our team for the SB.
2. Kraft asks to speak and interview BB in 2000. Wish granted, but NY demands a 1st rd pick if BB is offered the gig in NE. Done deal.
3. BB drafts Brady, develops him, builds a dynasty in the Cap Era.
4. Woody Johnson sits there seething knowing he made the wrong choice in Parcells, as old man Parcells was worn out and the game had passed him by, including personnel and GM understanding in a new era.
5. Woody Johnson volunteers to bring in a new commissioner, even though Tagliabue was doing very well, as the NFL shoots by MLB as the most popular sport around. This is where you can see the intent by the Jets and the league, to be able to cheat a team like NE, but do it in such a way that fans won't notice.
6. Woody Johnson does not respect NE, asks to interview a very inexperienced Mangini, after only 1 year as a DC, with mediocre results from the 2005 D. Again this all occurs after NE wins 3 SBs in 4 years.
7. Mangini accepts the role in NY, tries to steal laptops and Pats property, before taking half of BB's staff, against BB's wishes. Mangini is locked out of the building and forever dead to the Pats organization.
8. Mangini divulges BB's approaches as a GM and Coach and Woody Johnson sees to it that his new commissioner of choice, a former Jets employee and Jets fan, Roger Goodell, listens to his sales pitch as to why NE doesn't need anymore help with BB and Brady together for the foreseeable future and how a dominant team in the league is bad for business.
9. Goodell's first order of business on 9.6.06 (no lie, that is the exact date) is to change the wording of the filming rule to actually include filming hand signals, which was the change to the rule.
10. BB reads the memo in 2006, probably smiles knowing WHY it happened, but is also annoyed being targeted due the success of the Pats.
10, Mangini has the balls to ask for 2 filming locations in Foxborough in January 2007 during a playoff game, no less.
11. BB shows in Week 1, after trading for Moss and Welker, adding Seau, and prized FA piece (At the time), Adalius Thomas, with their road video coordinator, out on the sideline as a big FU to the NY Jets and Manboobs.

This is literally why we are here today. An inter-franchise spat between two teams, started by the Jets a decade prior, has now catapulted Goodell into using ways to garner support with teams alongside the Jets, who pile on and want Goodell to do something.

So, he frames the Pats for something more than what was being done, to be able to make sure he can take a 1st rd pick, otherwise people will figure out something is up.

Meanwhile, as obvious as all of this is, the general public is too stupid or doesn't want to see how obvious this is, simply because they just want harm done to NE. The NFL sees millions being left on the table, ratings dropping with NE's continued dominance, making a mockery of the Cap and parity, and here we are.

Absolute and complete mental break downs by very stupid and jealous NFL fans, owners, GMs and coaches everywhere outside of NE with the media happily ready to lie to get clicks on their webpages.

No one will give a blithering sht about these dumb “scandals” within year of TB and BB leaving New England. These dumb talking heads will just point out how every coach and player don’t stack up to the all-time great Patriots and throw is in reverse to suit whatever lame hot take they’re pretending to care about. Probably even have criticism of teams not having a “killer edge” like Belichick and being willing to do whatever it takes. Yes, the media is that dumb. It’s like now when you hear about crap that teams of yesteryear did to gain an edge and smirk.

There should be nothing other than an apology to Mike Brown ,which I am assuming has already happened and an apology publicly, and that's it.

The NFL would need to cite in the NFL rulebook how a production company is tied to an NFL team, in order to even give a fine.

Talk about blowing something completely out of proportion here.

The apology needs to come from Mike Brown and his staff for starting a controversy. Anyone with half a brain would of told that kid he's not allowed to do that while realizing no one in their right mind sends a kid dressed in pats/bruins gear to the front a full press box with a tripod. They waited hoping to catch 'something' regardless of the absolute absurdity of the situation and then were very loud about it including the staging a press question to start it all off. They are all 'upset' about it? GTFOH with that and try and win a game instead of starting ******** the same way the ravens did after BB embarrassed them in the divisional round with substitutions and then Brady told their coach to learn the rules in his press conference.

Last edited:

H

I'd be happy to see Kraft lose a million he has been such an idiot lately.

I'd be happy to see Kraft lose a million he has been such an idiot lately.
I wonder if Orchids of Asia has Groupons or internet specials?

I think somebody needs to look into the oranges of this investigation

The apology needs to come from Mike Brown and his staff for starting a controversy. Anyone with half a brain would of told that kid he's not allowed to do that while realizing no one in their right mind sends a kid dressed in pats/bruins gear to the front a full press box with a tripod. They waited hoping to catch 'something' regardless of the absolute absurdity of the situation and then were very loud about it including the staging a press question to start it all off. They are all 'upset' about it? GTFOH with that and try and win a game instead of starting ******** the same way the ravens did after BB embarrassed them in the divisional round with substitutions and then Brady told their coach to learn the rules in his press conference.
It certainly would have been appreciated and had shown the same kind of "partnership" and courtesy Early Bird preaches but I think at the worker level its kill or be killed and unless there isn't a clique or relationship you are damaging, then you kill or be killed.

Thats cutthroat and back-stabbing for ya.

It certainly would have been appreciated and had shown the same kind of "partnership" and courtesy Early Bird preaches but I think at the worker level its kill or be killed and unless there isn't a clique or relationship you are damaging, then you kill or be killed.

Thats cutthroat and back-stabbing for ya.

Pretending to be 'incensed' about a controversy they started isn't kill or be killed it's bs politics. If they are really 'incensed' then they were too stupid to know what was going on which is not believable to me.

the fine will be more than a million.

They could fine the team $10 million for all I care, but I'll be pissed if they steal another draft pick from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back