PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do some of you even realize that if the league links this to Bill that he would be in even worse position by LYING about it? Why would he lie about something like this and say he had nothing to do with it? Makes no sense...
If Bill is lying it would be equivalent of Nixon denying Watergate.

I think he would either lose his job or resign.

I do think BB is telling the truth. He has not had direct involvement with this exercise.

Just read a couple of blurbs saying Goody and his brownshirts want to resolve it before the weekend.
I never predict anything with Goodell and those guys. But yeah I have to imagine they don’t want another long drawn out scandal. They likely see the fans have a general fatigue from it at this point.

Harm was done. They admitted they broke the rules. If they were stupid and careless enough to do something like this with the history of this franchise and the perception it has then they should be penalized without a doubt.
I don't get your reasoning. If it was unintentional -- if filming was not done for the reason prohibited by rule -- what harm was done? If they admitted INTENTIONALLY breaking the rule, that's another thing altogether. But these specific circumstances appear to have no relation to what transpired with cameragate 12 years ago.

If Bill is lying it would be equivalent of Nixon denying Watergate.

I think he would either lose his job or resign.
It would be all about how close of an involvement this guy has to the team.

Harm was done. They admitted they broke the rules.

If they were stupid and careless enough to do something like this with the history of this franchise and the perception it has then they should be penalized without a doubt.

You might have bright future at ESPN .

There was no harm done.

Been working today. Can’t believe my job woulda get in the way of what’s really important!

What do we really know about what’s on the top tapes so far? I heard 8 mins of directly taping the sidelines? Who reported that? And do we have any context, like if it was directed at signalers, also documenting down and distance, etc? Trying to understand what we REALLY know at this point. Thanks

-8 minutes of sidline footage could have signals and coaching tendencies

-Camera guy wanted the footage deleted

- In previous spygate scandal filming for a documentary or show was one of the excuses if caught

- Bengals employee literally watched the cameras screen of him directly recording their sideline.

What's with this 8 minutes of B movie stuff? Are we still talking the Bengals film or how long Kraft got his weenie roasted?

- In previous spygate scandal filming for a documentary or show was one of the excuses if caught

- Bengals employee literally watched the cameras screen of him directly recording their sideline.
Literally.

I’ll be shocked if we don’t lose a draft pick to go with the fine.
If there was no competitive advantage gained nor was there an intent to gain a competitive advantage, why should the league punish them by putting them at a competitive disadvantage? Other than Goodell not knowing what he’s doing, of course. A large fine is exactly the appropriate punishment.

I don't get your reasoning. If it was unintentional -- if filming was not done for the reason prohibited by rule -- what harm was done? If they admitted INTENTIONALLY breaking the rule, that's another thing altogether. But these specific circumstances appear to have no relation to what transpired with cameragate 12 years ago.
CameraLocationGate.

It was all about a location.

If there was no competitive advantage gained nor was there an intent to gain a competitive advantage, why should the league punish them by putting them at a competitive disadvantage? Other than Goodell not knowing what he’s doing, of course. A large fine is exactly the appropriate punishment.

Goodell said Spygate had no competitive advantage gained either and we lost our first rounder... and that was when we were not “repeat offenders” in the eyes of the league and in perception.

Signals for both offense and defense are given through radio headsets. You cannot film radio waves (for any Jets fans in the audience).

But does Troy Vincent and Roger know that? Probably not.

What’s on that tape matters a lot. Hopefully we get to see it for ourselves.

Signals for both offense and defense are given through radio headsets. You cannot film radio waves (for any Jets fans in the audience).
Yes, I recognize that the vast majority of communication is through the headsets. Signals, to some small extent, still exist. That’s at least my understanding. I agree any scandals about signals in 2019 are probably not overblown, but I’m not sure we can say signals just don’t exist anymore. As someone pointed out, there’s a gif of Bill signaling in recent years.

Shannon Sharpe Calls For Bill Belichick’s Firing If Bengals Allegations Are True

https://perfect world/ 2019/12/ fda-saves-world-from-shannon-sharpe

FDA Calls For Shannon Sharpe To Be Diced Into Tiny Pieces, Canned And Sold As Horse Meat To Spare Earth From Hearing From Him Ever Again
Not actually reading anything by Sterling Sharpe. That said, if the NFL proves (or concludes - a much different animal as we know) that BB is behind this, we’re looking at a 1 year suspension for BB at a minimum.

Based on what -- the ESPN reporter? This already has been refuted by lots of people.

No, he offered to let them have it when apprised of the rule of which he had no foreknowledge.

According to who?

That's never been a point of contention, it was done for the documentary.

I don’t think they did anything to warrant a punishment. Of course this means that the NFL will likely confiscate picks. But in reality, there doesn’t sound like there was any harm done. That camera crew should be relieved of their duties, though. What an utter lack of awareness given what this franchise went through during Spygate. I’d be surprised if they weren’t fired on the spot.

Yes, I recognize that the vast majority of communication is through the headsets. Signals, to some small extent, still exist. That’s at least my understanding. I agree any scandals about signals in 2019 are probably not overblown, but I’m not sure we can say signals just don’t exist anymore. As someone pointed out, there’s a gif of Bill signaling in recent years.

As I said earlier it isn’t just about signals. Patriots have a knack of picking up tells on the sideline, watching what other coaches and players are doing in certain situations. Lots of useful info can be gained by filming the sideline even if no hand signals are seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes