PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were going to cheat it seems a very odd way of going about it. Regardless its the absolute stupidity of this. You need to be whiter than white with our reputation. You would think the entire crew was made fully aware of what they could and couldn't do, but clearly not. Kraft needs to come out and take full responsibility and apologise to the fans. I feel for Bill on this.

I'm not in video production, but I've worked closely with enough of them to know that 8 minutes is basically nothing. When you're putting together a 5 minute segment, and you need 8 seconds of perfect b-roll for a particular scene (and these producers are VERY particular about what kind of thing does and doesn't work for whatever mood they're trying to convey), you film as much as you can and pour through it later. The last thing you want is to find out you don't have what you need after it's too late to recreate the environment.

The NFL has a video department and whoever heads it, if truthful, would probably concur.

When I put together video stories and was creating film projects, it was extremely common for me to shoot long periods at one location or a completely excessive amount of time to make sure I had ample background (b-roll) for my voice over work. 8 minutes that will be cut down to 30 seconds or a minute is pretty common, and this is a production by the Patriots for a popular feature.

Calm down.

I hope Belichick gives a "you'll have to ask Robert" when he's asked about the latest cheating scandal involving Krafty Bob's Merry Band of Orchids of Asia....

Yup, there is a very simple and totally innocent explanation for why a documentary crew would want 8 minutes of footage. If you're going to use 8 seconds of b roll on the sidelines, it's totally reasonable to tape for a lot longer than that in hopes of finding the best possible sequence. You tape when you can and sort through it later, digital storage isn't exactly expensive so you shoot as much as you can because it's a nonissue.

There absolutely isn't an explanation for why KSP was too dumb to coordinate with the league to have them verify at every step of the way that what whey were doing was legitimate.
They probably figured if they could see it, they could tape it.

No elite/great young players on the team. Chiefs have Hardman. Ravens have Hollywood. Seahawks have Metcalf. Shall I go on? Offense is terrible. Defense is great. But not historically good enough to overcome a terrible offense.
Yea, but they're better off than PatsFans that have Patstastic.

I hope Belichick gives a "you'll have to ask Robert" when he's asked about the latest cheating scandal involving Krafty Bob's Merry Band of Orchids of Asia....

“You’ll have to ask the schmu... er Robert”

Feel bad for this defense and for Brady.

Why would you record the worst team in football and try to gain a strategic advantage?

Are they really that desperate?
Why rob a bodega when Fort Knox is right up the road?

Why wouldn't you just use a guy with a cell phone in the stands rather than an official cameraman in front of media and personnel from both teams? Because they're weren't actually spying. It was just film for a documentary.
They probably did. This was just a distraction from the real cheating.

I expect that BB or Kraft will be suspended. Maybe both. They will take all of our picks from rounnds 1 to 4 from the draft.
Don't forget forcing them to forfeit the game against the Red Rifle.

Kraft should fall on his sword right now and end this. He should accept responsibility for this and apologize for embarrassing the organization in other ways lately and step down.

Not buying this. Out of the last 6 games we have played, why the hell would this be the one we felt we need a little extra help with? Still pretty pissed at whoever is responsible for this stupidity.
What is your basis for your blanket assumption that NE didn’t have prying eyes during other games ?
Not getting caught?

Why rob a bodega when Fort Knox is right up the road?

If the execution of robbing the bodega was just as difficult as robbing Fort Knox, and the consequences were just as severe, then it's quite understandable to question choosing the bodega.

Otherwise, not a very good analogy.

That parts pretty easy to explain, although no one is going to buy it. You tape for hours and hours and edited down to 30min of usable footage for the documentary.

Last year I was interviewed by a local news station. They filmed my research labs, my building, the campus. me describing my research, my graduate students and postdocs in action. They filmed for over 2 hours for a 1 minute news segment.

That sort of stuff is pretty typical.

With the reputation that this team has for cheating, they shouldn't be doing anything g that could even be interpreted as cheating. Utter stupidity in my opinion

What is your basis for your blanket assumption that NE didn’t have prying eyes during other games ?
Not getting caught?

Because presumably they would have gotten clearance from other teams and handed over any footage to the league...are you really asking this?

For the good of the 32?

Trolling again, nah you'd never do that.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST