PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be reasonable to believe as he's going about his day for the scout to take a casual look back and speculate the camera is pointed where it shouldn't.

It's also reasonable to assume the scout is going a million miles a minute and didn't think twice about it.

I believe the scout knew why they were there but because of their purpose, didn't think of it as a big deal or even broaching a rules violation.

Agreed. I suspect that even the most on-the-ball, paranoid employee would just ask, and in this case because a permissions process was gone through, be fine.

Scout: "Hey, you guys got permission to do this, right?"
Documentary manager or consultant: "Yes, all set."
Scout: "Cool."

Agreed. I suspect that even the most on-the-ball, paranoid employee would just ask, and in this case because a permissions process was gone through, be fine.

Scout: "Hey, you guys got permission to do this, right?"
Documentary manager or consultant: "Yes, all set."
Scout: "Cool."

Not only that, but if the film crew wants authentic "candid" style footage, they probably specifically told the scout, "Pretend we're not even here."

Sure, that will work. The press box is the office of the advance scout on game days. Unless he is brain dead, the advance scout knows bout “spygate” as stupid as spygate isn’t. And it was ridiculous. The advance scout knows he and the Pats cannot film sidelines during a game. Kraft productions send some guy into the press box WITH A CAMERA. If I’m the advance scout I ask what the hell they are doing and ask if they know the taping rules. I tell them to get the camera the F out of the press box when the game starts. Being oblivious to the obvious is no way to go through life.
He didn't see or know they were filming the sidelines, he was busy doing his job, why is this so hard to understand?

If the hammer drops in the off-season, Brady will bolt Pete Carrol style from USC.

Heard about this on another board. I really wish someone would clearly explain what in the hell is allowed and what isn’t because isn’t this the same **** that started the whole mess in the first place 12 years ago?

upload_2020-1-2_16-44-9.jpeg

. But it was still wrong, against the rules and so, so F’ing stupid.

I dont think the bolded part can be emphasized enough on the level of idiocy that was at play for this to happen

I’m sure he is doing his job scouting and not paying attention to a camera crew sent to observe his work.
He didn't see or know they were filming the sidelines, he was busy doing his job, why is this so hard to understand?
I know it’s not a closet, but how big do you think the press box is? They are their because of him and since you know they are to film you, the scout might want to pay a little attention to the new guys in the press box wits a camera. I thought blinders so big an employee is oblivious to what’s going on around him we’re reserved for government employees. Guess not

I know it’s not a closet, but how big do you think the press box is? They are their because of him and since you know they are to film you, the scout might want to pay a little attention to the new guys in the press box wits a camera. I thought blinders so big an employee is oblivious to what’s going on around him we’re reserved for government employees. Guess not
I am curious what you do for a living

Because you seem to not have a very good understanding of what people are responsible for in their jobs.
See, it’s not a matter of it being technically the scouts job, but the camera guy sat right in the front row of the press box and set up a camera. If he’s there to cover me, I just might notice that.

See, it’s not a matter of it being technically the scouts job, but the camera guy sat right in the front row of the press box and set up a camera. If he’s there to cover me, I just might notice that.
I think you’ve confirmed my question So I’ll move on.

That's what your missing, where the scout was sitting he couldn't see the camera guy.

So much for this being resolved this week.

Nothing really new here, GameDay violations can be just a fine. Assume long as it doesn't go beyond GameDay, it's probably not significant.

I'm SHOCKED the NFL leaks this on the Patriots game day as opposed to any other time this week. And they even kept it open ended with "not all security reports back to NFL yet" so that the Cheater comments can keep on going.

I'm SHOCKED the NFL leaks this on the Patriots game day as opposed to any other time this week. And they even kept it open ended with "not all security reports back to NFL yet" so that the Cheater comments can keep on going.
Yeah that was my thought too. I was expecting this to be released today to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes