PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsPub "Too Soon" NFL Mock Draft 1.0

that mock draft is horrible. not even just for us but most other teams also. Banks probably goes end of 1st if not 2nd round because of his 40 time. So he actually becomes a possibility for us, so long as he doesn't kill it on his pro day. We could go a lot of different ways the 1st round. all with extreme talent. But wait until free agency starts and then we'll have a better picture about what they'll pick for in april.

Wilson did very well early in the season. He ended being ahead of a healthy Chung on the depth chart. The patriots don't exactly have a great record with production from rookie defensive backs in the 2nd round and later (Samuel and Wilson were a long time ago).

Last draft was an awful draft for safeties. Perhaps, Wilson should have been a 3rd or 4th. However, that wasn't happening. Two other teams had shown interest and had him on their second round boards, as we did. Positions get "over-drafted" when the supply is so short.

All in all, we needed a backup safety very badly, and Wilson did at least as well as our past rookies.
======

That being said, Wilson could get beaten out for reps this year by a rookie, or not.

Wilson was not a disastrous pick or a whiff; he seems solid if unspectacular. He would have been a nice 4-5th round pickup. But at that stage in the draft a CB would have been better....as became painfully obvious as the season wore on. Now the Patriots again find themselves in dire need of CB help but the strength of the draft is safety.

Of course the Patriots are in dire need of a deep threat also and the draft is weak in this area but I do not want to go there.

I hope that the Patriots can fill the WR need in FA....

Did you watch the combine? This doesn't seem to have any recent or accurate research behind it.

A lame PatsFans article? Now there's a surprise

Wilson was a terrible pick alas. BB was obsessed with safety and whiffed on Casey Hayward. The damage that pick caused extends to this year. Imagine if the Patriots had Hayward; they would not be pulling their hair out trying to solve their CB problems and could instead pick to the strength of the draft--i.e. safety...

And this is why I always look forward to the FRED FROM DARTMOUTH POST DRAFT MOCK DRAFT, the most accurate and insightful mock draft on the world wide web.

I still don't know why the Patriots passed on Alfred Morris, I had him as a clear first rounder and even with Trent Richardson. Frigging Belichick:mad:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back