PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs. Redskins post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
A lot to be concerned about.

Two stinkers of a game in a row, along with the disappearance of the run game.

Plenty to discuss..

i'll be providing the rope,pills,revolver,razor and a bridge. User's choice.

Go!!!

The offense had a real tough time in the red zone but it was almost all self-inflicted. Isn't that a good sign? Those problems are fixable.

The game might have proceeded completely differently without the McCourty PI that prevented a 3 and out. The pass defense sucks, but a win is a win. Can't wait for Spikes and Chung to get back.

Tom Brady. Bill Belichick. We will be alright.. try to enjoy it guys!

Awesome game to watch as a football fan..

Concerning as a Pats fan. D was more bad then usual. And the D is bad to begin with.. Whatever, on to the next one..

We miss Spike's presence against the run.

i'll be providing the rope,pills,revolver,razor and a bridge. User's choice.

Go!!!

I'll take any of those

I honestly don't want to make it to the superbowl. I think the Saints or the Packers will be there. And if this "defense" goes up against either of those teams, they could easily put up 50 or 60 points.

It would be an embarrassment.

I'll say this...pretty much what i said from last week. There is alot of room for improvement.

I hope we can peak in the playoffs.

Yes, the defense gives us all nightmares, but the running game thing is bogus. We ran it twice and a row and hadto punt, this team lives and dies with Brady. You'd rather run than pass?

I'll take any of those

I honestly don't want to make it to the superbowl. I think the Saints or the Packers will be there. And if this "defense" goes up against either of those teams, they could easily put up 50 or 60 points.

Or they could win if they have a great game.

A lot to be concerned about.

Two stinkers of a game in a row, along with the disappearance of the run game.

Plenty to discuss..
Well BB has always had a hard time with shannahans offensive schemes, at least when the Rat has been a HC. But the team as a whole is playing lack luster football, they're playing done to the level of their competition. If they keep this up they'll get into the habit and when they run into a good team it'll be a problem. The rest of the regular season schedual is pretty weak.

If it isn't alright to show concern for the D after that.

It will never be ok.

That was just AWFUL.

The O was hardly great either. But man.

That was hard to watch.

I'll take any of those

Yeah. Those teams have offenses almost as scary as the 2001 Rams.

Exciting game.

haha

The only good thing about that can be said about this defense is that they keep the game interesting. They're terrible at everything a defense is supposed to do, but they do make it interesting.

It's always tough against MS.

shanahan with that stone maroon face, I'd like not playing him for a while. whew

that pic was like a dagger in the heart, i don't know what happened there. Thought Brady's been careful with those as of late. he showed his usual grit and made some big plays, it was fun for the most part.

now, who has the revolver?

Awful game to watch on D.

That said two of the Skins scoring drives occurred with key penalties. One McCourty's brain dead PI where a simple tackle would have forced a punt is addressable via coaching. Another where 75 committed a stupid PF on a stop, same solution. And a 3rd where Carter got called for a tacky hit below the knew.

Were I London Fletcher I too would be wicked pissed on that awful PF called when he hit Brady who slid at the last millisecond.

One thing's for sure-we didn't win because Rex Grossman had a ****ty game:p.

Yeah. Those teams have offenses almost as scary as the 2001 Rams.

I see what you did there

clever

the difference is that Patriots in 2001 had a defense that actually knew how to play defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe