PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Raiders in Mexico on November 19th (Week 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What concerns me more is the elevation of Mexico City 7,382, 2,000 ft higher than Denver. Then there is the smog..

Food should not be an issue, when I travel in Mexico have even eaten off of the food trucks... but never drink the water.

Bye week will be week 4, which had been the pattern for every Super Bowl champion the last few years. Got to keep the parity charade going, can't let that years winners get a good chance at repeating!

What concerns me more is the elevation of Mexico City 7,382, 2,000 ft higher than Denver. Then there is the smog..

Food should not be an issue, when I travel in Mexico have even eaten off of the food trucks... but never drink the water.

You mean drink only bottled water? I do the same and carry around a bottle of hand sanitizer which I use every time prior to eating. So far I've avoided the dreaded "Montenzuma's revenge," even when I was in Cuba.

I'll be in Mexico for Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) too bad the Pats game isn't that week. That would have made for an awesome itinerary.

You mean drink only bottled water? I do the same and carry around a bottle of hand sanitizer which I use every time prior to eating. So far I've avoided the dreaded "Montenzuma's revenge," even when I was in Cuba.

I'll be in Mexico for Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) too bad the Pats game isn't that week. That would have made for an awesome itinerary.

Funny story I was in Isla Mujeres walking in a walled cemetery, weird I know, then a funeral procession took place, I could not break the procession and get out.. it is interesting to see how other countries grieve.. that is what makes travel interesting.

I have avoided the revenge also.. was on a bus to Belize one time and stopped at small town, the bathroom facilities were "interesting".. the funniest part of that trip was on the way back, Mexican authorities stopped the bus on the border and fumigated it for bugs.. seemed weird.Very strange Mexicans in white haz-mat suits were out there spraying the exterior of the bus for bugs..

I can tell fascinating Mexico stories for hours, never had a bad moment in my travels there.. then there is the time the cab drivers got into a fist fight when we were in the cab.. that is a long story. All of it brings a smile..

Okay, they were spraying the exterior of the bus?

Does this put the BYE onto W12 ?

The NFL has never had a bye week the weekend of Thanksgiving, otherwise the Sunday games would be minimal with 3 Thanksgiving Day game so I think week 12 bye week is a definite no.

I don't like this because of the following:

Security
Being exposed to food that may not be prepared the same like in the states.
Diseases
The trip will be long too...

I am tired of the NFL extending games to other countries, yes that includes the U.K. Too.

This is not the world football league, it's the damn national football league!
They are going to Mexico not Somalia, they will survive.

Well I hope Brady wears sunglasses or a visor as I'm sure those damn lasers will be out in full force again...
If the referees see a laser light on the field, they should stop the game until security can identify the personal and kick them out.

I don't care how long it takes; it's a safety issue and we can assume they will go after our QB like they did to Houston last year.

Typically, visitors to friendly Mexico need 10-14 days to recuperate from intestinal trauma....not to mention the psychological trauma

As for "intestinal trauma," I've been to Mexico City many times. Never got sick there. In fact, things have gotten progressively better in the Tourist areas of the city in recent years.
Follow a few simple rules when it comes to eating and drinking: no water that doesn't come out of an unopened bottle of Branded water; no ice cubes in your drinks; cola instead of coffee if you need a caffeine hit in the morning; no uncooked vegetables; no street food; eat at a well-known hotel or well-known restaurants.

Then, follow the same rules you'd follow in any large city anywhere: be careful where you go, especially at night.

"Psychological trauma?" Huh? It's a big, amazing world. Get out and see some of it.

I think I'll go to the game. Sounds like it could be fun.

Sounds like we might have the beginnings of a story for "Taken 4."

I'm sure it will be. Good Tequila is much better without ice anyway! Be sure only to order the good stuff (i.e., not Cuervo); my friends in Mexico City refer to Cuervo as "what we use to light our barbecue."

Last edited:
Everybody better keep an eye on their jerseys and wear air filtration masks while they're there.

I'm sure it will be. Good Tequila is much better without ice anyway! Be sure only to order the good stuff (i.e., not Cuervo); my friends in Mexico City refer to Cuervo as "what we use to light our barbecue."
I'm a Don Julio 1942 man, myself...

Funny story I was in Isla Mujeres walking in a walled cemetery, weird I know, then a funeral procession took place, I could not break the procession and get out.. it is interesting to see how other countries grieve.. that is what makes travel interesting.

I have avoided the revenge also.. was on a bus to Belize one time and stopped at small town, the bathroom facilities were "interesting".. the funniest part of that trip was on the way back, Mexican authorities stopped the bus on the border and fumigated it for bugs.. seemed weird.Very strange Mexicans in white haz-mat suits were out there spraying the exterior of the bus for bugs..

I can tell fascinating Mexico stories for hours, never had a bad moment in my travels there.. then there is the time the cab drivers got into a fist fight when we were in the cab.. that is a long story. All of it brings a smile..
I got sick while on Isla Mujeres.

Everybody better keep an eye on their jerseys and wear air filtration masks while they're there.
Air quality is a genuine issue. Mexico City sits in a valley where exhaust from poorly regulated vehicle emissions collects and sits. Add that to the relatively thin air and it's a challenge for the first day or two for visitors and a real problem if you live there long term, especially with young kids. Caracas and Sao Paulo are almost as bad, but have better air circulation and are closer to Sea Level.

The PGA Tour gave Mexico a tournament recently. The golfers were shi**ing their pants on the course....literally. And the security precautions were monumental.
There's a reason major corporations and the US Federal government provide hazard pay to their employees stationed in Mexico City...similar to employees stationed in Kabul.

Remember, Gronk is fluent in Spanish. They'll be fine.

"Yo soy fiesto."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back