PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs. Jets 2011 Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is there is not one jet fan who would agree with that analysis...

They consider the Jets better in every area....

HOMERS

If you are a fan of a team, you are a HOMER, regardless of what team you root for so please, lose the 'better than thou' 'tude dude.

Watching highlights of their 2 wins over us last year, we're going to have to run the ball against them to beat them. In the playoff game, they were pretty much daring us to run.

Either that or 85 needs to create seperation/draw Revis so Branch or Welker can shake free. Tate or Price stepping up would also make a repeat of that game much less likely.

I can't wait to see these guys play. I already got my tickets for the nov game in Nj. Endzone 2nd row. You guys should've have seen the crowd when moss got that one handed td over revis ohh man!!! You could hear a pin drop, that's how quiet it got. Can't wait to see what happens this time around.

Great thread. Pats-Jets is the marquee matchup now. The Colts, playoffs-focused, were the obsession for a long time until Dungee left and the overall quality of the Colts declined. Their lack of depth is un-Polian.

Anyway, gotta hand it to Rex and that staff for building a team that is the Patriots equal in lots of ways. Position by position it's hard to think of a team that compares as well to the quality and depth of the Patriots. Maybe the Eagles, but I don't know who their #2s on the depth chart are like we know the teams in the division and the Colts and Pittsburgh who just seem like divisional games every year.

This is a good thing, this rivalry and parity with the Jets. It's clearly got the Pats' attention as they continue to try and strengthen everywhere they need to reverse last season's two losses to the Jets.

Where I think the Pats have the biggest edge is at WR. The Jets wideouts are old and redundant. They have three big-play old receivers and little variation in the passing game. Are those guys really, really interested in slants across the middle for the 4 or 5 yard pick up the way the Pats crew is? This puts lots of stress on Snatch-ez to be accurate downfield and to the sidelines on a much more frequent basis than Brady who has receivers in all sorts of places and depths to move the chains or score.

Deep balls and sideline routes give the DBs longer to adjust and better angles to disrupt or intercept passes. 2nd and 3rd at 5 or more yards will constitute a long yardage situation with the RBs and TEs of the Jets putting much more pressure on Snatch-ez. He may be up to it. He had some terrific moments last year in critical come-from-behind situations, but that is a dangerous way to live week-to-week.

Great thread. Pats-Jets is the marquee matchup now. The Colts, playoffs-focused, were the obsession for a long time until Dungee left and the overall quality of the Colts declined. Their lack of depth is un-Polian.

Anyway, gotta hand it to Rex and that staff for building a team that is the Patriots equal in lots of ways. Position by position it's hard to think of a team that compares as well to the quality and depth of the Patriots. Maybe the Eagles, but I don't know who their #2s on the depth chart are like we know the teams in the division and the Colts and Pittsburgh who just seem like divisional games every year.

This is a good thing, this rivalry and parity with the Jets. It's clearly got the Pats' attention as they continue to try and strengthen everywhere they need to reverse last season's two losses to the Jets.

Where I think the Pats have the biggest edge is at WR. The Jets wideouts are old and redundant. They have three big-play old receivers and little variation in the passing game. Are those guys really, really interested in slants across the middle for the 4 or 5 yard pick up the way the Pats crew is? This puts lots of stress on Snatch-ez to be accurate downfield and to the sidelines on a much more frequent basis than Brady who has receivers in all sorts of places and depths to move the chains or score.

Deep balls and sideline routes give the DBs longer to adjust and better angles to disrupt or intercept passes. 2nd and 3rd at 5 or more yards will constitute a long yardage situation with the RBs and TEs of the Jets putting much more pressure on Snatch-ez. He may be up to it. He had some terrific moments last year in critical come-from-behind situations, but that is a dangerous way to live week-to-week.

Great post....as a Jets fan...the Dolphins rivalry has been the most fun but..cuz Jets didnt really compete with NE was not as good....now its different.

As far as WR...yeah...these guys will go over the middle..Mason, Plax, Keller, Holmes not worried bout that...If the Wr's stay healthy and a big IF....they will be fine...you know the Jets are gonna pound the rock...and play D...if they get anything from the WR's...

Well its gonna be fun this year barring any major injuries.....

Just gotta love Jet fan logic...here's a link to a thread written up by a Jet fan at JI....he mocks the Patriots for bringing in Portis and then the rest of the imbecilic crash site survivors chime in with "who next, Emmit Smith, har yuck yuck yuck...what is unbelievably idiotic, harebrained, home made lobotomy crazy about this is these total morons, to a man, do not realize Portis is TWO YEARS YOUNGER than their own LT....flabbergastingly stupid...

Patriots bring in Clinton Portis after Woodhead injury (Emmitt Smith next?) - Jets Insider.com Forums

Jet fan...the self inflicted gunshot wound to the head that keeps on giving and giving...:rofl:

Last edited:
Just gotta love Jet fan logic...here's a link to a thread written up by a Jet fan at JI....he mocks the Patriots for bringing in Portis and then the rest of the imbecilic crash site survivors chime in with "who next, Emmit Smith, har yuck yuck yuck...what is unbelievably idiotic, harebrained, home made lobotomy crazy about this is these total morons, to a man, do not realize Portis is TWO YEARS YOUNGER than their own LT....flabbergastingly stupid...

Patriots bring in Clinton Portis after Woodhead injury (Emmitt Smith next?) - Jets Insider.com Forums

Jet fan...the self inflicted gunshot wound to the head that keeps on giving and giving...:rofl:

Those clowns get stupider by the minute. Gang Green has got to be embarrassed to know there's a sister site like that.

Those clowns get stupider by the minute. Gang Green has got to be embarrassed to know there's a sister site like that.

LightenUpFrancis.jpg

:sleeping: Lot of success they had last year in the playoffs. Last I've heard Jets winning the series of the Rex era.
Yes, indeed. The Jets are 3-2, one game over .500 in the Rex era.

Too bad for you the Pats are 17-7, 10 games over .500 in the Belichick era.

How's your winning-the-division record in the Rex era? Oh, yeah, 0-2. Pats are 8-3 in the Belichick era.

:rofl:

Last edited:
I seriously doubt they are embarrassed.

I'm fine, thanks. I don't post over at that abomination of a site.

Look, I get that Jets fans want a place to talk. I'm just pointing out that JI is really not putting out anything worthwhile for people with an IQ above 1. JI is a sewer. If you absolutely must be a Jets fan, and must post on a Jets message board, I suggest Gang Green. At least some of the posters there can out-think potted plants. I'm not sure SG3, for example, is capable of doing that, even on his best day.

And before you go off about how I'm just bashing all Jets fans, I should point out that I'm one of those who've defended Gunnails over here on many an occasion.

Who is this SG3 clown?

Go to Jetsinsider and find a Pats related thread...enjoy.

I just did (2 threads). Either the idiot is in middle school (types like one) or he really really needs to come out of the closet. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

He's a retired professional, lifelong Jets fan ,former Miami hater, now Patriosh!ts hater...

in real life, a great guy...in cyberspace?...well...that's why they call him Uncle Nutty

Great post....as a Jets fan...the Dolphins rivalry has been the most fun but..cuz Jets didnt really compete with NE was not as good....now its different.

As far as WR...yeah...these guys will go over the middle..Mason, Plax, Keller, Holmes not worried bout that...If the Wr's stay healthy and a big IF....they will be fine...you know the Jets are gonna pound the rock...and play D...if they get anything from the WR's...

Well its gonna be fun this year barring any major injuries.....

The Dolphins rivalry was great about ten years ago when the Patriots just couldn't win down there, but once the dominance began, the Dolphins changed players, coaches, GMs and front office guys so rapidly there's zero identity or system there. I am afraid we're about to see the same demise of the Colts.

I need to see Plax, Mason and Holmes heading into traffic frequently in short yardage to believe it.

My favorite part of that portis thread over there is when one fan said Jets fans are the smartest fans out there..ha ha ha.

speaking of the jets, if you bet on football, make sure to bet on the cowboys week 1..the jets are like 4.5 fav for that game..No way they win by that much

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes