PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs donks

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ This

If Brady "sucks" - his words - again, they have zero shot. He needs to bring his A game for a change to an AFC Championship.
I remember when he said that but then in the sb threw a similar pick. I think his problem was that he was trying to win it all with one heroic pass.

Tom Brady is 171-for-235 with 1,771 yards, 17 touchdowns and zero interceptions playing against Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio.

Honestly... that is actually a very interesting statistic. It is also very applicable to the game. It's good to read somehitng which isn't brady is 2-1 vs manning in the playoffs e.t.c somehitng that has very little relevance to the next game.

Thanks for the info.

A question for those who know more though, how is the chargers o-line? it concerned me abit how much pressure they were letting up on rivers.

we need to keep brady clean in this game and he can exploit their secondary

A question for those who know more though, how is the chargers o-line? it concerned me abit how much pressure they were letting up on rivers.

we need to keep brady clean in this game and he can exploit their secondary
The Chargers Offensive Line has been through more combinations than a McDonalds get fat menu. It's probably been their achilles heel this season.

At least we are not facing the Ravens, Jets, or Giants defense that have given the Patriots problems in the past.

There's less oxygen. You feel it immediately although probably not if you're not exerting yourself. How could oxygen on the sidelines do "nothing" if that is what is lacking at altitude? Mountain climbers take supplemental oxygen. Do you laugh at that too? Yes the altitude is greater but the concept is the same.

I call bs

I was in the army here and I think I was pretty active. Some people it just doesn't bother, the affects take time to show and for those that feel it immediately they are typically out of shape to begin with. I'm not going n to argue about it because I know the facts. O2 at 20k feet Yeh no kidding. I do 14'ers and never needed o2

Yes, I laugh at O2 on the sideline

I live in Colorado also

I call bs

I was in the army here and I think I was pretty active. Some people it just doesn't bother, the affects take time to show and for those that feel it immediately they are typically out of shape to begin with. I'm not going n to argue about it because I know the facts. O2 at 20k feet Yeh no kidding. I do 14'ers and never needed o2

Yes, I laugh at O2 on the sideline

I live in Colorado also

You can call bs all you want. You have no facts or logic just unsupported suppositions. The effects take days? Absolute nonsense. In days the body is already making more hemoglobin to make up for the lack of oxygen. That's why mountain climbers acclimate. They climb a couple thousand feet and wait for their bodies to adjust. That's how people climb everest or k2. According to you they should just go straight up as they wouldn't feel the effects for "a few days".

It is true that altitude affects some more than othets. Has nothing to do with being in shape. I guess altitude doesn't affect you cause you're just superman.

And when would supplemental oxygen be helpful? Not at 50000 feet but at10000? How would you know have you done scientific experiments? You're just "look at me altitude doesn't affect me! I'm awesome! No way could oxygen do any good. I don't need it so it doesn't do anyone any good". That's pretty scientific.

Champ Bailey said it wore him out the first time he played there. Ted Bruschi said the same thing. I'll post the link tomorrow along with facts.

What do they know though. Just a couple fatties. Not super fit guys like yourself who climbs 14'ers before breakfast.

While there will be many rehashed stories (and maybe even some revenge byJohn Fox as he was the coach in Carolina when we beat them), the game can go any way. Pats can blow out the Broncos, it could be close with either team winning or Denver can blow out New England. I'm sure we'll hear how we have little chance or superior odds, probably just matters which side you fall and where you get your news.

We're being treated to another classic and 28 other teams will probably rooting against us (well maybe some of the AFCW will come to our side for a week).

I think I'm just going to soak it all up this week and enjoy the ride (and hope it keeps on going). and if you do have some more feel good stats, keep them coming. I don't want to be rational this week.

1505050_707102615989451_1655444732_n.jpg

I've tempered my expectations since Gronk got blasted in his knee this season, yet I feel the same way about the AFC Championship against Denver that I did the Divisional Round versus Indy - cool & confident.

They'll be a lot of blow hard Denver fans that will be saying a lot of stuff this week like "We're gonna' destroy the Pats!!" But if you ask me, they're all scared, and they all should be. If our team was their team, and theirs was ours, I would be.

Peyton Manning's offense isn't anything new under the sun and Belichick has handled it over and over and over again, whether it's been in white or in orange.

And Denver's defense is pathetic against a quality quarterback. We forget that (us, media people, Denver fans, etc) because there aren't a lot of truly quality quarterbacks in the league, and even fewer that the Broncos have faced, but I think Tom Brady is going to have a great game.

I think he'll at least duplicate his performance in the 2nd half of our regular season meeting, only possibly for the entire game. If that's the case, it's a blow out.

Bottom line: Our offense will move the ball and score. Our defense will limit Peyton and hopefully get at least 1 INT (seems a given with us against Manning).

If we avoid coughing up the ball again three times in the first few minutes, I really see a decisive victory very much like 2012.

Don't want to jynx anything but that's just what I see happening.

Once nice thing about our defense this time around is that we have Sealver Siliga, who seems to be holding his own inside better than Vellano/Sopoago did last time. Barring in game injuries (Talib and McCourty mostly notably) I like our chances against Denver's passing offense.

Pretty good write up from Barnwell on the Colts week 7 win over the Broncos. It's a pretty good formula on what it takes to beat them. If the Pats can duplicate the same running results and Jamie Collins can put in another solid game against Thomas it is definitely a good shot at a win for the boys.

Bill Barnwell on Week 7 - Grantland

I was hoping SD would do the dirty work for us. But they couldn't. Guess we have to slay the multi-headed hydra ourselves. As BB said, it does not who our opponent is. In BB, we trust.
This game will be a challenge for BOTH teams. It will be a chess match for which strategies are already being laid out. Realistically, the regular season game between these two teams was a draw in regulation.
Tom brings his strong running and weak passing game. Manning brings a strong running and passing attack, albeit with a weaker arm. Lets see whose defense steps up. Will we give up the run and attack the pass? Will they give up the pass and attack the run?
I see this game being won by a team that can score 6 times (I don't mean all FG's). I don't think either is capable of putting up 6 scores against the other just through long sustained drives. Couple of scores will have to come through mistakes.

Tom Brady is 171-for-235 with 1,771 yards, 17 touchdowns and zero interceptions playing against Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio.

Well that is an absolutely terrifying stat. JDR should do something different this game. Very different. Starting with not being awful.

I've tempered my expectations since Gronk got blasted in his knee this season, yet I feel the same way about the AFC Championship against Denver that I did the Divisional Round versus Indy - cool & confident.

They'll be a lot of blow hard Denver fans that will be saying a lot of stuff this week like "We're gonna' destroy the Pats!!" But if you ask me, they're all scared, and they all should be. If our team was their team, and theirs was ours, I would be.

Peyton Manning's offense isn't anything new under the sun and Belichick has handled it over and over and over again, whether it's been in white or in orange.

And Denver's defense is pathetic against a quality quarterback. We forget that (us, media people, Denver fans, etc) because there aren't a lot of truly quality quarterbacks in the league, and even fewer that the Broncos have faced, but I think Tom Brady is going to have a great game.

I think he'll at least duplicate his performance in the 2nd half of our regular season meeting, only possibly for the entire game. If that's the case, it's a blow out.

Bottom line: Our offense will move the ball and score. Our defense will limit Peyton and hopefully get at least 1 INT (seems a given with us against Manning).

If we avoid coughing up the ball again three times in the first few minutes, I really see a decisive victory very much like 2012.

Don't want to jynx anything but that's just what I see happening.

The AFC only has 2 elite quarterbacks right now, so most AFC teams won't have played many elite QBs this season, that's just the way it goes. I think you kind of hit the nail on the head for both sides though, even though you surely were only looking at it from a Pats stand point.

When we were still undefeated, our expectations were super bowl or bust. Clearly we're not invincible, but we're still pretty good, and so I would imagine a lot of Broncos fans, myself included, are confident in our team that we'll get to the Super Bowl. As you should be with the Patriots. I've said it already, but the Broncos and Patriots, for as much as our fan bases can hate each other, are without question the two best teams in the AFC this season, and really last season too. Screw the Ravens.

Every team game plans differently for different games, and the result is that you can't always judge one matchup and use that judgment for how a team will come out and play next time. I wouldn't judge the Pats by their loss to the Jets or the string of near losses they had to teams like the Browns just as much as I wouldn't judge them by their recent blowout victories.

I would be cautious in judging Denver by the last few games simply because, even though many Pats fans constantly refuse to admit it, our offense is pretty damn good. I don't care who it was against, because they carried on the stats throughout the season. Prolonged offensive success doesn't just disappear. Opponents can game plan successfully to minimize it, and that's when they beat the Broncos, but to discount their offense would be setting yourself up for a disappointment.

The things that terrify me about this game are that we're going against the best coach in the game, and an elite QB. That's pretty much it, but then again, that's all you really need to win anyway. If anyone can come up with a great strategy to shut us down, it's Belichick, I just wouldn't be SO confident that it's a foregone conclusion.

Peyton's been playing great, and had we somehow blown the game today, it'd be very hard to have put it on him. I've been loving all the talk about "he's due to choke" and "he can't win big games" because from my experience watching the NFL, once talk like that heats up enough, players tend to come through and win games. That's what I'm banking on next Sunday, and I feel good knowing we're playing at home with the one-and-done monkey off our back.

It's the final 4 teams, and even though it's just coach-speak, you know what they say...you don't get here by accident.

Anything can happen and I think it'll be a very close game throughout. I think Peyton plays solid, I think our defense surprises you, and I think our offense scores enough points to win the game. BUT, to "guarantee" a victory, or pretend I'm not nervous about playing the Patriots would be stupid.

It's going to be a good game, one of our teams will lose, and whichever team wins better win the Super Bowl, because I won't be able to handle watching Pete Carroll's smug face hoist a Lombardi.

This post was longer than I intended it to be and kind of all over the place, I just realized. Oh well, that's what playoff football will do to ya.

Most alarming headline so far, courtesy of the National Football Post:

manning_brady_duel.gif

So first they play the game, then it's pistols at dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back