PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs donks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edelman has a big + matchup Sunday with Harris done for the year. IMO, Bailey/DRC are poor CBs to cover a WR like Edelman. Edelman may break Champ's ankles at his age and DRC is like his cousin. He's best suited for tall, speedy WRs.

Edelman has a big + matchup Sunday with Harris done for the year. IMO, Bailey/DRC are poor CBs to cover a WR like Edelman. Edelman may break Champ's ankles at his age and DRC is like his cousin. He's best suited for tall, speedy WRs.

I am nervous about this matchup as a Broncos fan. Curious to see how Denver will adjust the defense this Sunday. Denver is going to need a couple of guys on the defensive side of the ball to step up in order to contain Edelman and slow down the Pats.

I am nervous about this matchup as a Broncos fan. Curious to see how Denver will adjust the defense this Sunday. Denver is going to need a couple of guys on the defensive side of the ball to step up in order to contain Edelman and slow down the Pats.

I will never get used to this lol

I will never get used to this lol

It did sound a little funny when I was typing it as well:D Who would have ever thought that Edelman could be the key for victory??? I mean that in a good way as well:)

First, welcome back to the board. It's good to have opposing fans like you and RYO that actually want to talk football and not just troll like JEST fans.

Your defense will have the luxury of not having too many passing options to worry about. Edelman has been a beast and Amendola has shaped up into an ok #2 WR that may be playing injured. Besides them, we have a receiving RB with a case of the dropsies (Vereen), and a rookie WR who has disappeared in the second half of the season. (Thompkins) Dobson hasn't been placed on IR yet but I doubt he plays. Our TE presence is nonexistent at this point.

First, welcome back to the board. It's good to have opposing fans like you and RYO that actually want to talk football and not just troll like JEST fans.

Your defense will have the luxury of not having too many passing options to worry about. Edelman has been a beast and Amendola has shaped up into an ok #2 WR that may be playing injured. Besides them, we have a receiving RB with a case of the dropsies (Vereen), and a rookie WR who has disappeared in the second half of the season. (Thompkins) Dobson hasn't been placed on IR yet but I doubt he plays. Our TE presence is nonexistent at this point.

Thanks Patsinthesnow! The Harris ACL injury is a huge blow the the already struggling Denver defense. Seeing the Pats have leaned heavily on the run as of late, I am wondering if Brady/Belichick turn things upside down Sunday and come out throwing early to test whoever replaces Harris? I could definitely see it. If nothing else, taking some deep shots early could free up the running game a bit.

I think Monte Ball is going to be a big key (believe it or not) in this game. If he can hold on to the ball and give some quality plays when in for Moreno, it will help tremendously.

It's going to be a great game!!!

Thanks Patsinthesnow! The Harris ACL injury is a huge blow the the already struggling Denver defense. Seeing the Pats have leaned heavily on the run as of late, I am wondering if Brady/Belichick turn things upside down Sunday and come out throwing early to test whoever replaces Harris? I could definitely see it. If nothing else, taking some deep shots early could free up the running game a bit.

I think Monte Ball is going to be a big key (believe it or not) in this game. If he can hold on to the ball and give some quality plays when in for Moreno, it will help tremendously.

It's going to be a great game!!!

The D didn't seem to struggle vs. SD? Granted Mathews only had five carries.

:cool:

The D didn't seem to struggle vs. SD? Granted Mathews only had five carries.

:cool:

After the Harris injury, SD exploited his replacement (Jammer) to the tune of 17 fourth quarter points. Denver has been solid versus the run all season by utilizing a group of quick linebackers. If it continues this Sunday?... We shall see.

Tony Dungy: Peyton Manning will play "light's out" in championship game » The Dan Patrick Show | Official Home

Dungy said the officiating is going to be huge in the championship games. He said the Seahawks’ DBs are going to hang all over the Niners’ receivers. And same with the Patriots. The officiating could go a long way in determining the winners.

– Dungy said that Manning is a creature of habit, so if you’re going to get him, you better get him in the divisional round. “I think he’s going to play light’s out this week,” Dungy said.

ok then

Manning's been to 3 AFCCGs. He's 2-1, but he's played poor to average in 2 of them. He was awful in 2003, played poor/average in 2006 and crushed the Jets in 2009.

After the Harris injury, SD exploited his replacement (Jammer) to the tune of 17 fourth quarter points. Denver has been solid versus the run all season by utilizing a group of quick linebackers. If it continues this Sunday?... We shall see.

I did see that. But we don't have Keenan Allen. I believe we traded down to acquire eight future picks (he he he). That darn Dobson I wish he'd heal up and play!

I think we can run though as Ridley and Blount are better than Mathews. We'll see.

I did see that. But we don't have Keenan Allen. I believe we traded down to acquire eight future picks (he he he). That darn Dobson I wish he'd heal up and play!

I think we can run though as Ridley and Blount are better than Mathews. We'll see.

No doubt Blount and Ridley are better than Matthews (who didn't get many touches yesterday anyway) and will be able to get some good runs in. I am really interested to see if Denver tries to establish a ground game or airs it out. IF Denver is able to throw the ball and get a couple of quick scores, it could help to neutralize the Patriot ground game a bit and "force" Brady to air it out.

* I really hate to say "force" Brady to air it out fwiw:D

Can anyone else not sleep?

I cannot stop thinking about this game. I can't get any work done. I'm pretty much useless.

Anyone else like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back