PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS TRADE JAMIE COLLINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He led the league in INTs twice which certainly is very good. Also allowed a ton of Tds, long receptions. Was a liability vs big WRs and a awful tackler.

Look...the guy has 51 career picks so clearly he had a very good career but I just don't think he was an elite CB. had great ball skills but was not in the Ty law, Revis, champ Bailey catagory. He allowed a ton of easy receptions and wiffed on a lot of tackles. I said that back in 2007 and 2008 and I'll still say it.
I agree that Asante wasn't at THAT elite level but he was very good in our system. Never perfect but a helluva lot better than the crap bag corners we suffered through for five years. Granted we got a decent year out of McCourty and Leigh Bodden but other than that it was grostesque.

Looking back we probably could have and should have kept Asante.

Looking back we probably could have and should have kept Asante.

Sigh...

As fault-finding I am of him it wouldnt have been an awful decision. Not sure if it would have hamstrung them from signing Wilfork, etc

He was still a sub standard tackler when he was here and BB wasn't going to pay top dollar if he wasn't the entire package.

Who's next Hightower? I really hope this defense gets better, I obviously trust Bills decision making and he knows whats best. I'm assuming that they think Elandon Roberts is better against the run, so they were going to start minimizing Collins snaps. I am guessing because this is a contract year Collins would lose his ****... Or maybe he did and thats why he is gone.

I am not sure this would be good or not but I wish the NFL salary cap was similar to the NBA's salary soft cap. The turn over on NFL rosters is crazy fast. I think this will be a very interesting off season for the Patriots.

Who's next Hightower? I really hope this defense gets better, I obviously trust Bills decision making and he knows whats best. I'm assuming that they think Elandon Roberts is better against the run, so they were going to start minimizing Collins snaps. I am guessing because this is a contract year Collins would lose his ****... Or maybe he did and thats why he is gone.

I am not sure this would be good or not but I wish the NFL salary cap was similar to the NBA's salary soft cap. The turn over on NFL rosters is crazy fast. I think this will be a very interesting off season for the Patriots.
I tend to agree.

- Collins was probably deemed to be a goner at the end of the season by the team.

- He was underperforming for his standards. I think most people paying attention would agree with that aside from the Texans game.

- They start giving Roberts more reps as he could be a legitimate starter for us, cutting into Collins reps.

- Suddenly Jamie isn't playing as much in his contract year. He (understandably) is upset with that and might become a malcontent which then could become a locker room problem.

Tack on Lombardi's claims of Collins free lancing then well we can see why the choice was made, whether we agree or disagree.

He also said there is more of a family feel with browns than Pats.

IMO that's a slap in the face to pats org and former teammates.
I am not even sure if that was his exact quote. reporters always extrapolate

One of the reasons this program has survived 16 yrs is because of decisions like this. Being decisive is one of BB best traits. He may hit and miss but he doesnt lollygag around. Of course the media and local media in particular loves calling him out but he is comfortable with what he does. One can never accuse him for not doing what he thinks is best. Cant do much about it.

I wish Collins the best in Cleveland, hope he has a great second half to this season.

Time for us to move on and focus on getting the defense ready for Seattle.

One of the reasons this program has survived 16 yrs is because of decisions like this. Being decisive is one of BB best traits. He may hit and miss but he doesnt lollygag around. Of course the media and local media in particular loves calling him out but he is comfortable with what he does. One can never accuse him for not doing what he thinks is best. Cant do much about it.

True but he traded Dion Branch and I really believe that costed us a Super Bowl. I don't remember what 1st rounder we drafted from the trade but some of the moves BB has made, could have potentially costed us Super Bowl wins.

When you have the best NFL QB to ever play the game you can get away with mistakes because his greatness will cover up bad decisions. There have been a couple bad decisions, nobody is perfect.

This move is a head scratcher we lost a good player, we didn't really get anything in return, and we lost depth at the line backer position. This move feels different.

LOL Shaughnessy flew down to interview collins so he can write a hit job tomorrow.

And while Shank was there, for good measure, he punked Francona: "So would you consider tonight a must-win?" Francona did laugh. ;)

LOL Shaughnessy flew down to interview collins so he can write a hit job tomorrow.

Shaughnessy asked him how he feels about the Pats insulting him on his way out the door. I would love to hear Shank clarify exactly which member of the Patriots organization insulted him, because it's pretty clear that nobody did.

True but he traded Dion Branch and I really believe that costed us a Super Bowl. I don't remember what 1st rounder we drafted from the trade but some of the moves BB has made, could have potentially costed us Super Bowl wins.

When you have the best NFL QB to ever play the game you can get away with mistakes because his greatness will cover up bad decisions. There have been a couple bad decisions, nobody is perfect.

This move is a head scratcher we lost a good player, we didn't really get anything in return, and we lost depth at the line backer position. This move feels different.
Thats they point i made. he is decisive. he knows he maybe wrong. But he deals with this eventuality. But you really think ""This move is a head scratcher we lost a good player, we didn't really get anything in return, and we lost depth at the line backer position." - all these things didnt occur to the head coach of the team and he made this move in vacuum to feed his own ego ?
And about moves costing superbowl wins, seriously, we should be very thrilled we have made to 6 SBs and won 4. And made it to the AFCCG almost a gazillion times. Better teams have failed. It takes a lot more than one single draft decision or player decision to lose in a Conference championship or the superbowl. A guy or plyer who doesnt matter all season suddenly becomes the missing piece when you lose the big game?I dont know if we can think like that. Maybe it helps to cope better but there various factors for losing those SB opportunities .And sometimes the other teams make plays too.

He also said there is more of a family feel with browns than Pats.

IMO that's a slap in the face to pats org and former teammates.
Not if he means the Manson Family.

He is actually there for the WS, but you're right about the hit job. It's coming...

Brandon Meriweather was selected with the pick. But in regard to the trade, Branch forced his hand. He decided to hold out, got tampered with by the Jets and filed grievances against the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe