Pats - Titans postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lets get this started

Williams absolutely showing he belongs. I think he played a cleaner game than Jackson did tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up taking a lot more snaps than people expected when he was first drafted. Nice to see one of my draft favs doing well.

Lets get this started
Stidham appears to be a good prospect to be the backup this year and quite possibly the QB of the future when Tom retires....long way to go but he has been extremely poised and impressive thus far.....Meyers seems like one of the greatest steals of the draft (this year and others!)....Wino is incredible....one of the best motors and intuition that I have seen in awhile....really happy for him. Munson looked great as well tonight....a lot of energy and fire with this guy! Go Pats!

Initial reactions:

- The Patriots have a left tackle! Phew. Now we can shift our angst to the swing tackle, because Skipper doesn't look like that guy.

- I'm amazed by Meyers' polish and control.

- When Chase Winovich was on the field in the 2nd half, playing against 3rd stringers, he stood out. When Mike Pennel was on the field in the 2nd half, playing against 3rd stringers, he disappeared. The down arrow on Pennel is real.

- Premature assessment of this draft class:
giphy.gif

After 2 preseason games against teams that beat the Pats last season, I've seen enough. Dump the dead weight: Hoyer, Harmon, Burkhead, Dorsett, Allen, and any other vet that has a rookie that did ok during these games. Load up the 53 with rooks. Get a ton of cap space freed up and go buy a TE. Brady can stay as back-up to Jethro just in case the two almost picks weren't a fluke.

Thank god Tom didn’t play, we don’t need him pummeled in August.

Titans defense is nasty. If they get decent QB play from one of their guys, they may be a tough out. Not many weapons offensively tho.

Yeah as Stephen G missing two F.G. in a row. As wonder if he has an injury or that he has to deal with possibly a new punter holding. But he is saying to Bailey, not so fast in the kickoff department....he did get three touch backs.

Dump the dead weight: Hoyer, Harmon, Burkhead, Dorsett, Allen, and any other vet that has a rookie that did ok during these games. Load up the 53 with rooks. Get a ton of cap space freed up and go buy a TE. Brady can stay as back-up to Jethro just in case the two almost picks weren't a fluke.

Came here to post this.

Stidham appears to be a good prospect to be the backup this year and quite possibly the QB of the future when Tom retires....long way to go but he has been extremely poised and impressive thus far.....Meyers seems like one of the greatest steals of the draft (this year and others!)....Wino is incredible....one of the best motors and intuition that I have seen in awhile....really happy for him. Munson looked great as well tonight....a lot of energy and fire with this guy! Go Pats!
I guess you can call a UDFA rookie a “steal of the draft” in a way. Another great find by the team that is a master of spotting under appreciated and underdeveloped talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down