PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats skip walkthrough today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 3rd straight year for a lot of these guys playing in the super bowl. The hay is in the barn...it’s now just a matter of whether they choose to cash in.

I see what you're saying but I'm sure this team prepared IMMENSELY for this game. It's a Patriots trademark. I'm sure they went over everything, again and again and again. I remember studying for big finals in college, at some point, you trust yourself and say, "I'm ready" or in this case "we're ready." I love that BB had them out there with their families, it's the Super Bowl, enjoy it! They're all-business and laser-focused for this one, but they need to be relaxed and calm too. How often does a team go to a Super Bowl? (Rhetorical, I know the Patriots go quite often lol)
Yea what I remember from college was that it wasn't a good idea to study the day before the exam (unless you were cramming because you hadn't been in class for weeks because you slept in after hanging at the Rathskeller all night). :rolleyes:

Teenage kid all the way to screen left is having his picture taken with legends and has his face buried in his phone..smh proud to be a millennial
I don't think the kid was expecting to be in the shot, that's Malcolm Butler's nephew.

Why you don't like kids? Satan, anycase here you go.
acap1hc5r6e21.jpg
Cordarrelle with the shades so cool, looks like Stevie wonder. Whats up with TB & JE poses, lol. Ernie Adams at the very top center?

is Josh the the dude above number 95?

I’m absolutely a Rams fan and I made a post titled “rams fan come in peace” a few threads down.

Ohhhh my bad. Troll on.

So some folks smell blowout -- I don't. I don't smell blowout, victory, loss, or anything else. I smell football. Enjoy it until tonight, GSOT. (Boy that Ricky Prohl used to really screw with us. We had to beat him in all kinds of jerseys.)

I get trash talk, but frankly, the outcomes are binary. You can't brag about what you're gonna do, but you damn sure can brag on what you did.

We're looking forward to adding the footnote that is the 2o18 Rams to the list of those not quite good enough. That's what my gut says. But my gut is much more impressive at processing waste and making girls at pools avoid eye contact, than at predicting anything.

That said, I want you to take tonight's game very, very seriously. There is no guarantee that your team will be back again for another 17 years. :D

Actuary?

Not saying it’s anywhere close to being comparable, but.....

I had to take a series of 11 professional exams to join a professional society that’s required for a full career in my field. Offered every 6 months, passing rates between 40-50% of exam takers. Not exaggerating when I say that each exam required about 300 hours of study time to learn the material to the extent they required...

not sure why they wouldn't want to go over every last detail. How does BB know every single player understands exactly what they have to do. Practice never hurts,..
Meh. I’m a firm believer that there is such a thing as over-preparation and that it has a negative effect on most people. I’ll just give a personal anecdote as arguing this with online reports and data would be boring. When I was in school, I always had a set amount of days out that I’d start studying for an exam. 7 days in undergrad, 10 days in the graduate program. When I first started, I’d study all 7 days including the day of the exam. When I’d get to exam day, I’d be burned out and I’d usually turn in test grades in the B range. Then I changed my approach. I’d still study 7 or 10 days out, but I’d take the day before the exam completely off and do a minor review the day of (usually an hour or two depending on how much math was on the test). The day before, I’d catch up on chores that I neglected, go out and hang out with friends, or just straight up sit on the couch all day and veg. My exam scores actually increased to pretty much straight As after that because I found that I was going into the exam more relaxed with a clear head instead of with the attitude of “oh my God, I’m so burned out and I just want to get this **** over with.” If they’re prepared, and they know that they’re prepared, giving them the day off before the game could, and probably did, do a world of good.

Picking the Pats in a blowout? Wow lol. Rams have the better record. Many think they have a better roster. ESPN favors them on their matchup indicator as well.

Hard to believe Pats fans think this will be a blowout.

I don’t think it will be a blowout. I foresee a close game.

Record doesn’t matter. The Pats are healthy, rested and peaking.

Rosters are close. Pats are deeper, better QB. Rams have a better Dline, the most explosive back. I think the Pats are better but not by much. Whoever wins in the trenches wins the game, like most football games.

I heard that Bill was thrilled that all of the trick play passes to Brady worked in practice so he is sure he has this one in the bag.

Especially those five plays where Brady lines up in the slot . . . :eek:

77... what a monster Brown is!
He is a big boy. Said to be the biggest player in the NFL. Read recently he’s lost some weight, down to 365.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST