Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Patriots agree to terms with WR Maurice Price
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
September 23, 2008 08:40 PM

The Patriots agreed to terms with free-agent receiver Maurice Price, filling the 53rd spot on their roster, according to a league source.

Price, a second-year player out of Charleston Southern, was waived by the Chiefs late last week. He had visited with the Seahawks and Ravens, before working out for the Patriots today.

At 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, Price adds some more size and speed to a receiving corps that includes Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Sam Aiken, Kelley Washington and Ray Ventrone. Of the group, Washington missed Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins with an ankle injury.

Price also has some experience on special teams, as a gunner.

Is there a serious injury in our WR corp that we haven't heard about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaffney and Washington have been banged up and been on the injury report at times these first few weeks. Aiken just got off the injury report. Anyone know how this guy is as an STer?

Seriously, they cut Jackson but sign this guy? I don't care how Jackson hasn't been able to catch on to any other team. I would rather have Jackson than this guy who will be cut soon.

Last edited:
prolly for STeams

He was CUT by the Hawks, Ravens, and Chiefs?

Man, this guy must be a pretty special ST!!

I really don't understand this signing at all. Somebody has to be seriously injured. Otherwise, it really doesn't make much sense, IMHO.:confused:

Seriously, they cut Jackson but sign this guy? I don't care how Jackson hasn't been able to catch on to any other team. I would rather have Jackson than this guy who will be cut soon.

But this guy is awesome!

Just kidding, I have no idea who he is.

I guess Jackson is gone not only for not being good enough, but for doing something(s) wrong and/or offensively.

But this guy is awesome!

Just kidding, I have no idea who he is.

I guess Jackson is gone not only for not being good enough, but for doing something(s) wrong and/or offensively.

My brother's wife once ran over the CEO's dog...in front of the kids. Maybe Chad...

Unbelievable.............

Did Chad Jackson piss in BB's coffee, wtf.................

Price is being brought in for Special Teams, to replace Washington. He's not going to see any more time as a WR than Washington has, so the Chad Jackson comparisons are irrelevant.

I really don't understand this signing at all. Somebody has to be seriously injured. Otherwise, it really doesn't make much sense, IMHO.:confused:

This is the bye week. He might be let go before the

S.F. game.

Did he play in the opener? I wish I had the Chief's game. Interesting!

We're still seriously talking about Chad Jackson as if we made the wrong move there?

This is a bit surprising, I was figuring we'd be seeing a lb/ol. Meh, shows what I know.

we cut Victor Hobson for this. Wait ...

we cut Victor Hobson for this. Wait ...

When you think about it, Hobson musta been bad, really bad, Chad Brown and Monty Biesel bad. Bummer, cause I liked the Hobson signing.

When you think about it, Hobson musta been bad, really bad, Chad Brown and Monty Biesel bad. Bummer, cause I liked the Hobson signing.

I liked it too.
He just disappeared, I only remember seeing him once in preseason, maybe twice? I don't remember him doing anything really bad but ?

It looks like this kid was tail end Charlie for the Chiefies and was released to make room for changes the Chiefs were making vice any problem with his play. Given who he's compared to in his scouting report, BB could be looking for someone who can get the RAC yards Donte' was capable of getting. The Pats used Donte' much differently than previous teams...

NFL Draft Scout

Compares To:
DONTE' STALLWORTH-Philadelphia...Like Stallworth, Price is a slippery runner who might not have the strength to power through the press or break many tackles, but he has the loose hips, second gear and wiggle to elude. His best ability is to drive off the coverage and come back for the short ball. With his sharp change of direction, he quickly separates after the catch. Price has never faced anything other than marginal competition and needs to fill out his frame more, but he has soft, natural hands and with his nifty foot moves, he can make things happen with the ball in his hands.

01/15/07 - The Nation's leading receiver, Maurice Price, announced Monday that he has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. Price and fellow Buccaneer Collin Drafts are in California working out, having signed with agent Bert Briones. Price led all of Division I football in receiving last year with 103 receptions, becoming just the seventh player in Division I-AA history to record more than 100 receptions in a single season. Over the past two seasons, Price ranks third in receiving, trailing only Davonne Bess (Hawaii) and David Ball (New Hampshire). His 175 receptions over that time rank him ahead of receivers such as Dwayne Jarrett (USC) and Calvin Johnson (Georgia Tech). During his three years at Charleston Southern, Price became the all-time leader, at CSU and in the Big South, in receptions and receiving yards. Price also set the League mark for games with at least 10 receptions, doing so in five contests. Following his outstanding junior campaign, Price was named to the Associate Press All-American team, The Sports Network All-American second-team, and was named to the College Sporting News Fabulous 50 FC All-Star team. Price has worked out just one weekend, but the 6-1.5, 196 pounder has already run a 4.4 40-yard dash, and had an impressive 11 foot broad jump. - CSU Sports

09/12/08 - WR Maurice Price cleared waivers and re-signed with the Chiefs’ practice squad. Price was waived earlier in the week to open a roster spot for practice squad player Marques Hagans, a receiver who played quarterback in college and can serve as an emergency guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back