PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign former Jet LB David Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not MPs chart.

They added speed to EDGE (also DL and DB). We still have to see Rivers' role. He might bring some of the coveted speed to LBs this year depending on matchups . and if this frees Hightower you have some more of the speed there..

And there's speed in experience, reading plays and instincts as well..

Roberts, High and Van Noy is a faster group.

Nink is fine with his hand in the dirt. As a stand-up LB, meh.

Well Harris could allow them to use Hightower as a pass rusher more.

Could see something like this in certain passing situations

Hightower-Flowers-Guy-Ealy

--------------Harris----Chung

Gilmore--------Rowe/J.Jones---------Butler

-----------McCourty---------Harmon
High is a 10X better rusher standing up/blitzing than with his hand on the ground.

I think at the worst, he provides good depth. I think it has the potential to be a real steal. Have to love what we have done this off season.

I like it, he was one of my binkies in that draft '07? i wanted the pats to take him. He should still have something in the tank

Yea we should of took him in the first round, could of been the one to get to Eli in the SB thus preventing the helmet catch or maybe his presence alone doesn't allow it to get to that point

Yea we should of took him in the first round, could of been the one to get to Eli in the SB thus preventing the helmet catch or maybe his presence alone doesn't allow it to get to that point
If i remember right we could have had harris and his team mate la marr woodley, but Nooo BB had to go all offensive on us:(:D

I wonder if delay could have something to do with LB trade out? Probably not and too early . but with Bill on a boat one can never be safe..

This chart is misleading anyway. When all is said and done the sum of the cap hits for every player is equal to the sum of the cash paid. The Patriots will spend to the cap (they roll money over, but they never let it go away), so that means over the long run, the Patriots spend EXACTLY what most of the teams spend.

It is true the Patriots borrow against future caps less often than some teams and have less dead money than some teams -- but the long run total spent is almost exactly the same as everyone else.
Teams that chase top free agents and give them huge signing bonuses spend more cash. There never is a "long run catch up" because they continue to push money into the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
...This is a great signing, I can see him being a great mentor for Elandon Roberts.
Or a possible replacement for him.

At the minimum, Harris ensures that Jonny Freeny no longer has to waste a roster spot with his presence.

He is a smart, tough, capable, Green Dot backup to HT. Fills maybe the biggest need on a roster with few needs. Instant upgrade to play next to HT as well. BB killin it.

Good locker room guy too. No surprise why the Jets seem to always be in rebuild mode. They don't even know what players to dump.

Have you convinced yourself?

There are some teams that are terrible cap managers. There are also teams that habitually choose to NOT spend to the limit of the cap. In fact, rules had to be added so that team would at least spend a certain percentage of what they are allowed.

This chart is misleading anyway. When all is said and done the sum of the cap hits for every player is equal to the sum of the cash paid. The Patriots will spend to the cap (they roll money over, but they never let it go away), so that means over the long run, the Patriots spend EXACTLY what most of the teams spend.

It is true the Patriots borrow against future caps less often than some teams and have less dead money than some teams -- but the long run total spent is almost exactly the same as everyone else.

If i remember right we could have had harris and his team mate la marr woodley, but Nooo BB had to go all offensive on us:(:D
Yes shame on Belichick for trading that 2nd for Welker, and the 4th for Moss. :)

The more I think about this signing, the more excited I become. If all goes well:
  • 19-0
  • SBMVP - Brady
  • League MVP - Brady
  • DPOY - Gillmore
  • OPOY - Cooks
  • All-Pro First Team - 14 of the 22 "starters"
  • The new ring starts a trend of weighing them in pounds, not karats
Opening night, 2018, a new banner is raised. All 6 trophies, plus all 6 rings, PLUS all season/SB awards are on display at mid-field for the ceremony.

The crowd is chanting. In the owner's box, Roger Goodell is fuming behind his fake smile. Patriots greats, past and present, are on the field.

The mass of the awards and rings, coupled with the near-cultish chanting of the Foxborough Faithful and the immense gravity of the night cause a rend in space and time - and thus Cthulu is born again.

Belichick then signs him for 5 years / $48 million with $25 guaranteed to play NT. To quote the hooded one - "He's got good bulk, he really eats up the double-teams."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes