PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign former Jet LB David Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Harris is our starting MLB, Hightower (and Ninkovich or Rivers) will be able to focus more on the quarterback.

It will good to allow one of the best linebackers in the NFL to be less constricted by role.

Interesting and useful list by Miguel

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-23_21-34-48.png
    upload_2017-6-23_21-34-48.png
    441.3 KB · Views: 2
Interesting and useful list by Miguel

History says that the answer is 6, not counting DE's like Ninkovich and Rivers. My guess is that "norm" used to 15 up front and 10 defensive backs. Since we have 9 DL locks, certainly there is a possibility of 5 LB's, since we seem to want 11 defensive backs. Of course, (heresy), we could carry 10 defensive backs.

History says that the answer is 6, not counting DE's like Ninkovich and Rivers. My guess is that "norm" used to 15 up front and 10 defensive backs. Since we have 9 DL locks, certainly there is a possibility of 5 LB's, since we seem to want 11 defensive backs. Of course, (heresy), we could carry 10 defensive backs.

Agreed.
11 DB + 5LB seems more likely (w Ninko, Rivers 2 add options).
I guess ST value and PS composition will dictate the LB/DB #'s (barring injuries).
Langi could be the 6th LB they don't want to loose on waivers. Plus he is projected great ST value..

I dunn0, doesn't look like he can cover anything anymore to me...

Hes not going to beat Devonte Freeman, James Whiiiiiiiiite! or Dion Lewis 1:1 but hes more than adequate vs larger receivers

Hes not going to beat Devonte Freeman, James Whiiiiiiiiite! or Dion Lewis 1:1 but hes more than adequate vs larger receivers
Last year he just looked really slow/bad to me in general in my tape review unfortunately.

Last year he just looked really slow/bad to me in general in my tape review unfortunately.

The pass to Hill he played it fine. He took away the sideline and got jack squat for help inside. Like I said he can't cover speedy RBs anymore. That Jets defense is abysmal.

The run play to Ware where he alligator armed the tackle was downright awful. He'd be benched if that happens here.

The pass to Hill he played it fine. He took away the sideline and got jack squat for help inside. Like I said he can't cover speedy RBs anymore. That Jets defense is abysmal.

The run play to Ware where he alligator armed the tackle was downright awful. He'd be benched if that happens here.
I hope he was playing hurt last year or something because he looked really really bad/done.

I hope he was playing hurt last year or something because he looked really really bad/done.
I haven't done the film review like you have but on that off tackle to Ware I'm convinced Roberts or High would have blown him up.

Last edited:
We took Free Safety Brandon Meriweather in the first round of the 2007 draft

Yet another safety in the early rounds. WTFs? BB doesn't repeat mistakes very often, but he really wasted quite a bit of draft capital hunting for this White Whale over the years.

Nice breakdown of Harris to Patriots:
Patriots roster breakdown: LB David Harris

Id add one thing . DH should improve red zone & goal-line & short yd defense.

Worst part of 2016 #1 NE defense was surprisingly RZ defense. After first 5 games they were at the bottom of the league allowing inconceivable 80% TD rate on opp trips inside their 20. They improved significantly during the season after breakout CIN game in week 6 (defending 3 consecutive 1yd g-l stands) ending the season ranked #12 with 53%.

Still not an achievement where BB would not ask improvement.

David Harris led the 2015 top ranked RZ defense.
(last year the team fell apart early so hard to draw conclusions..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News