PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Dontrelle Inman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next to Edelman and Harry, I think Dorsett is pretty safe if not a lock.
I wouldn’t consider the guy who struggled to get on the field last year to be a lock at a position that is much deeper this year.
If everything goes the best for each player Dorset is a goner.
Edelman
Gordon
Thomas
Harry
Inman

Would all be ahead of him.

The only problem is that they're setting themselves up to be in the same position next year. The only WRs—other than the UDFAs—signed beyond this year are Harry and Berrios.

I wouldn’t consider the guy who struggled to get on the field last year to be a lock at a position that is much deeper this year.
If everything goes the best for each player Dorset is a goner.
Edelman
Gordon
Thomas
Harry
Inman

Would all be ahead of him.
Are you optimistic Gordon will be back? I'm not.

Signing all these tall WR’s explains another reason why the Pats traded Cooks. They were never going to pay a smurf -soft WR a lot of money.

I like the signing.

All these guys must be pretty confident they can learn the playbook and bond with TB12 - or at least they are giving it a try....nice!

Won't give up on his dream.
Undrafted in 2011. Spent some time in CFL - won a Grey Cup!
Made the Chargers in 2014 and spent parts of four seasons with them.

Cute note - when you look up his Pro Day data on NFL Draft Scout (their new format is miserable) he's listed as the #147 WR in the 2011 draft - but with an up arrow! Making a late break into the top 130.

Jon Baldwin was a first rounder from that draft; last played in 2013. Austin Pettis was a third rounder; last played in 2014. Leonard Hankerson was another third rounder; he played one game with the Patriots in 2015 before being waived and his career ended that year. And so forth. Inman has outlasted a lot of other players.
Inman was somewhat unimpressive physically & athletically...until you came to his 20-yard shuttle time, which is impressive enough...and then there's that 3-cone time, which is absolutely insane:

Dontrelle Inman, Virginia, WR, 2011 Draft Scout, DraftScout.com/NFL Draft Scout

I wonder why the Colts didn't even want him back.

His situation reminds me of John Simon in that I don't understand why he was valued by the entire league as low as he was.
Colts have a stench that doesn't come off by just taking off the uniform. You need a delousing.

Are you optimistic Gordon will be back? I'm not.
Who knows. As I framed it, if all works out best, which would include Gordon being unsuspended.

Can't go wrong with Colts WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye