PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Dontrelle Inman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much just needed Edelman, Gronk and James White to pair with whomever else happened to be around to win those games.

Wonder if SB 52 would've gone differently if you could go back in a time machine and swap Edelman for Cooks?

If we put Edelman in as cornerback maybe.

I went to their article (Average Height of Defensive Backs and Wide Receivers) and this y-axis still didn't make much sense to me in terms of their overall point except that it is convoluted:

What do I mean by average? I took the height of every wide receiver in the NFL each year, and then took a weighted average of those players based on the number of receiving yards they had. This means a 6’3 receiver with 1200 yards counts three times as much as a 5’10 receiver with 400 yards when determining the weight of the “average” wide receiver in the NFL in a given season.

????

So what about the 5'10 receiver with 400 yards compared to a 5'8 receiver with 600 yards ? How exactly does size come into play except "bigger/smaller" ?

Don't misunderstand me this is not a dig against you posting it because the topic itself is certainly interesting. But sometimes it really looks like people go out of their way to find metrics for graphs that fit their narrative instead of using simpler ones that maybe are not as blatant slanted towards their point.

A young, athletic lineman having at least the possibility of a future in the league (Anderson) is released while two useless stiffs with no future whatsoever (Thanksdad & Lang) are kept?
Makes no feckin sense whatsoever.

A young, athletic lineman having at least the possibility of a future in the league (Anderson) is released while two useless stiffs with no future whatsoever (Thanksdad & Lang) are kept?
Makes no feckin sense whatsoever.

I went to their article (Average Height of Defensive Backs and Wide Receivers) and this y-axis still didn't make much sense to me in terms of their overall point except that it is convoluted:

????

So what about the 5'10 receiver with 400 yards compared to a 5'8 receiver with 600 yards ? How exactly does size come into play except "bigger/smaller" ?

Don't misunderstand me this is not a dig against you posting it because the topic itself is certainly interesting. But sometimes it really looks like people go out of their way to find metrics for graphs that fit their narrative instead of using simpler ones that maybe are not as blatant slanted towards their point.
I think what they are saying (very poorly worded) is that it is weighted by production.

In other words there weren’t 11 x height receivers there were 6000 “x height receiver-yards”.

I’m not sure how he used that difference to frame his numbers though.

Looks like a slightly more expensive camp flyer. By no means do those 300-400k of guarantees give him any protection.

He made 511k last years with the Colts in total. So good for him to make almost 80% of that this year simply by reporting to camp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey