PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats lead the league in rushing yards per game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fine. I'm just trying to get grounded on this.

I'm inclined to think that b/c of how the line has been playing, how LG has been running and their commitment to the run they may not be the 1976 Patriots (the very definition of powerhouse) but have been very effective running the football.

It's good to see that the CAN run the ball.......not only that, but getting stronger in the 2nd half.....against pretty good defensive fronts

BY HALF ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
1ST HALF 31 79 2.5 13 0
2ND HALF 44 219 5.0 41 4
BY QUARTER ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
QUARTER = 1 16 52 3.3 13 0
QUARTER = 2 15 27 1.8 4 0
QUARTER = 3 23 93 4.0 14 3
QUARTER = 4 21 126 6.0 41 1

I hope it continues.

How many times have we seen the Pats abandon the run and become 1 dimensional?

I don't understand why anyone thinks that the patriots are anything but a pass first team with Brady as our quarterback. I guess there are those who think that this formula hasn't worked for Belichick and Brady.

OF COURSE, the passing game is better with two great tight ends, a fullback and a solid running back. But make no mistake, this is a passing team with Brady as quarterback.

I don't understand why anyone thinks that the patriots are anything but a pass first team with Brady as our quarterback. I guess there are those who think that this formula hasn't worked for Belichick and Brady.

OF COURSE, the passing game is better with two great tight ends, a fullback and a solid running back. But make no mistake, this is a passing team with Brady as quarterback.

did anyone say they should be run first?

the ability to run the ball is very important

Brady is deadly with play action as a weapon and Brady is hit a lot less. Of course Brady can bail the offense out passing if the other team is stuffing the run.

Having the most run yardage is not.

Neither is having the most passing yards

My commentary had more to do with the fact that the pats leading the league in rushing was unusual in nature.....sorry if it offended you

The question is, does the ability to run require a certain amount of actually doing it? Will the commitment persist?

The question is, does the ability to run require a certain amount of actually doing it? Will the commitment persist?

The commitment to a running should persist...especially considering the youth of the interior OL.....at that age, sound run blocking is usually more prevalent....it also helps with making the passing game more unpredictable.....

Nobody said making it run first.....not sure wtf that came from.

But having a viable running game is huge

that cant be right. all this offseason all i saw where posts like

Blount is a bum, white is a bum, who are we trading for, why didn't we draft a RB, we have the worst RB depth in the league, without brady we'll never be able to win with these RBs

Are you telling me that all those people, were wrong?
Who would have ever thought that the coaching staff was smarter than fans? It seems shocking to many

Both solid points.

We'll continue to remain a pass first team, but having some balance as well as the capacity to run the ball is tremendously important, particularly in the 2nd half.

I wouldn't mind looking at Stephen Jackson again come December, he looked good the few times they blocked for him. Don't have really any quality traditonal backs behind behind Blount. Lewis is great but, he's a scat back and Bolden is fairly medicre. White looks better but he's not the run between the tackles type of guy.

Rare moment of disagreement regarding S.Jackson, @Froob. Stick a fork in him. He had a good career. He isn't playing another down in the NFL, though.

I do share your concerns about the lack of depth behind Blount, and we still don't know (not sure if anyone does) as to whether or not Lewis will even play this year.

I agree with the thoughts of others who point out their hopes of a guy like Bishop Sankey coming off of the PS and contributing.

Blount's has been very good these three games. But I sure as hell don't want him to continue running 20+ times per game. Keeping him healthy and fresh will be important. Having Brady back in two weeks should help out.

Just shows how big a loss Blount was prior to the playoffs. Imagine, playing without Blount and Lewis, half of our O-Line injured, several other key guys out, and this team was 3 points away from going to the SB. Amazing mental toughness and great coaching on this team.
I'm still a bit miffed about the decision to play off-coverage on Denver's first 3rd down of the game and the assignment of Chung on Vernon Davis instead of Owen Daniels. Once they were trailing any form of a run game went out the window and Denver's D-line could just fly towards Brady at will. Fully believe that our defence could've held Denver to 10-14 points, which would've been enough for our banged-up offense to overcome. But oh well...

It's good to see that the CAN run the ball.......not only that, but getting stronger in the 2nd half.....against pretty good defensive fronts

BY HALF ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
1ST HALF 31 79 2.5 13 0
2ND HALF 44 219 5.0 41 4
BY QUARTER ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
QUARTER = 1 16 52 3.3 13 0
QUARTER = 2 15 27 1.8 4 0
QUARTER = 3 23 93 4.0 14 3
QUARTER = 4 21 126 6.0 41 1

...yall do realize...this is f nuts!

double the AVG from 1st to 2nd half? that simply ridiculous

...yall do realize...this is f nuts!

double the AVG from 1st to 2nd half? that simply ridiculous

yes......I believe it doesn't matter who is the QB, being able to run that way with the lead helps a ton

Meanwhile....Tannehill is the lolphins leading rusher this season with 54 yards..........let that sink in.....lol smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST