PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Jags Game Plan, Breakdown ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best comparison is to Seattle's D, where they play a combo of man and zone, where their CBs play man, and the LBs and Safeties play a zone. It's sort of like that old Chicago Cover 2 with Urlacher and company with Peanut Tillman on one side and Vasher at the other CB spot.

That is essentially what their D is.
Well that’s just wrong, those defensive schemes are nothing like each other.

Remember when Gomer handed it off a lot to Addai/Rhodes in SB 41? That could be the approach here as well. Just depends. Needs to be a big Brady audible game and a good McDaniels game, obviously. The weapons are all there, so there is no excuse.

Let Cooks and Hogan be covered. When they shift attention to Gronk and any of the RBs into the flat, then attack the perimeter, but delayed draws and runs off the edge at the CBs, IMO, are good approaches.
If we come out 3 wide, Gronk and lewis we will see:
2 285 lb Dts
250# and 260# DEs
215 # lb
250#lb
3 corners
2 safeties, one who can play in the box but will be occupied by Gronk

We will run the snot out of this. Then after we have them in their heels and that safety needs to cheat up, we play action to Gronk.
Of course do this from hurry up.

Well that’s just wrong, those defensive schemes are nothing like each other.

If we come out 3 wide, Gronk and lewis we will see:
2 285 lb Dts
250# and 260# DEs
215 # lb
250#lb
3 corners
2 safeties, one who can play in the box but will be occupied by Gronk

We will run the snot out of this. Then after we have them in their heels and that safety needs to cheat up, we play action to Gronk.
Of course do this from hurry up.

Thank you. About to say the same.

Brady said of JAX: "the biggest challenge we've faced all year."

I guess they need bulletin board material so bad they've resorted to reading minds.

I guess they need bulletin board material so bad they've resorted to reading minds.

Don't poke the bear. Brady's all class and the pats know what they will face on Sunday.

Yea he's grasping. Bill, Tom & co have respect for every one bc they know what can happn and how small winning and losing is.

I know Brady talks **** on the field like every one else but that doesn't mean he doesn't truly respect his opponents.

Tom is a master at controlling the rush with subtle steps, moves with his hips & eyes.

I have looked at the Jags VERY closely the last 2 days. Here is what the Pats should do.

#1 Let your defense win it. Play it a lot like that 2016 Denver game. Play smart ball control offense and field position. Don't force anything unless you have to.
#2 Tell Cooks and Hogan to go out wide and then ignore them unless Ramsay covers Gronk. Then pick on the 3rd rate CB on Hogan. Hit Amendola a lot in the middle and the RBs should get half the balls thrown their way.
#3 Run the ball a lot. Lots of Burkhead and Lewis for short screens.
#4 Instigate penalties. They're hot heads and give up personal fouls nearly every game. Try to get a few. Those extra 15 yards will go a long way.
#5 Protect the ball.
#6 PROTECT THE BALL!
#7 You read 5 and 6 right?
#8 Play particularly safe the first quarter. That is when they are most dangerous and the Patriots are notoriously slow starters.
#9 Stop the run and make Bortles beat you without running. He is averaging about 60 rushing yards per game in these playoffs.
#10 play zone but play it tight especially early on their first few planned drives. Blake is best when he knows where to go on the first read. Those rehearsed plays will likely be where he is most accurate all game.

Game plan is to block upfront and hopefully people get open quickly. Our oline has been the issue in most post season losses.

And such is the typical sports reporting of today. :rolleyes: This is the same "the sun will set in the west" kind of crap we are going to get the rest of the week. It is right up there with "if you hit Brady hard all through the game it will affect him". Like THAT isn't the blueprint for EVERY QB in the league. :rolleyes:

On other things that pissed me off is Lazar's pronouncement that dropping and rushing only 3 is a plan that Brady will kill. Well really it isn't. Brady is a QB who rarely throws the ball unless his guy is open, like relatively WIDE open. I recall 2 or 3 times Brady had all day in the pocket against a 3 man rush and ended up just getting rid of the ball. 3 man rush was what the Jets primarily used to frustrate the Pats in 2010

I'm thinking that the prospect of having to clear my car of snow AGAIN has me in this foul mood, but my head literally will explode the next time someone offers up the Coughlin crap. Coughlin DIDN'T plan the helmet catch or get Welker and Brady to combine to miss an open receiver (or drop if you prefer). It took no great planning to throw a prayer to Manningham that was answered, or the fact the Giants were lucky to recover all 3 of their fumbles.

This is NOT at all like BB vs Tomlin. Coughlin is a great coach, but he NEVER was in BB's head and never will be. It is just ANOTHER easy narrative for our brain dead mediots to fill time with.

I'll never get how when things that happened 3 months ago don't matter, yet the mediots will try and connect a dot from 10 and 7 YEARS ago. :rolleyes:

See what you did. My heart rate is up, my face is read, and I STILL have to go down now and clean off my F*cking car. ;)

Its the blueprint. Ten years now. It’s the reason we never have a good offense and never win anything.

"Blueprint" teams knocked out the Patriots in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. The last non "Blueprint" team to defeat the Patriots in the playoffs was the 2006 Colts.

I was under the impression that the Jags rush 4 on about every down, if they move to a three man rush wouldn't that be out of the norm for them. Things they have not done all year would be a risk imho.

"Blueprint" teams knocked out the Patriots in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. The last non "Blueprint" team to defeat the Patriots in the playoffs was the 2006 Colts.

True, but I think Andy's point was that we've also overcome "Blueprint" teams in some of our wins, as well. The "Blueprint" might be the best way to beat us, but it's not guaranteed (which we already knew anyway). So, after all that, we're all right back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back