PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats host Bills RFA RB Mike Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know poison pills are forbidden now, such as giving a prohibitive raise for more than 3 games played in Buffalo in a season that the Bills couldn't avoid and Pats couldn't do, but is it ok if they have a clause related to missing the playoffs? It's unlikely the Pats miss it or Bills make it but isn't impossible in either scenario.

That sounds like what they prohibited.

Is that for real? Pitiful, if it is. He actually works for the largest paper in New England, believe it or not.

He must have been watching Price is Right and missed the story.

Bad blood btw Volin and Rapport?

This is BB calling Buffalo's bluff, with a 5th round tender--too low, trying to sneak one by. So now we'll make you pay up or lose him. Regardless of whether we secure the player (would be great!), or they match, we win. We either make Buffalo weaker in taking a quality player or force them even tighter against the Cap. No downside here for the Pats.

And here's another case where BB is using his 2017 draft capital to secure players outside the draft... Cooks and Allen and Ealy, and now this kid. Really starting to believe BB is shorting the 2017 draft class by spending his picks on pro players.

Or he has trades eyed for Jimmy G James white and Malcom Butler to move around this draft.
Could he shock us and listen to offers for Gronk?
Who knows what BB will do.
Thats what makes it so exciting to be a Pats fan.

This is BB calling Buffalo's bluff, with a 5th round tender--too low, trying to sneak one by. So now we'll make you pay up or lose him. Regardless of whether we secure the player (would be great!), or they match, we win. We either make Buffalo weaker in taking a quality player or force them even tighter against the Cap. No downside here for the Pats.

And here's another case where BB is using his 2017 draft capital to secure players outside the draft... Cooks and Allen and Ealy, and now this kid. Really starting to believe BB is shorting the 2017 draft class by spending his picks on pro players.

Why are you pretending that the patriots have already made an offer? The other players you listed are obviously already on the roster. Unless you have some information that the rest of us don't, all we know is that he visited Foxboro. I would like to see a formal frontloaded offer but it may never come.

That sounds like what they prohibited.

I know it's close. I just wonder because it's not based on something unchangeable like location but on performance. :)

Would love to sign Gillislee to a 3 year deal and extend White on a 4 year deal. Lock up our backfield long term. After this season every RB currently on our roster besides DJ Foster will be a free agent.

RB's are usually not a high priority in the draft with BB..I think he learned his lesson with Maroney......Signing proven backs or drafting a late rounder/UDFA seems to be his modus operandi.

RB's are usually not a high priority in the draft with BB..I think he learned his lesson with Maroney......Signing proven backs or drafting a late rounder/UDFA seems to be his modus operandi.
Ridley, Vereen and White all say hi.

Ridley, Vereen and White all say hi.
White was the 30th pick of round 4. Hardly a high pick. If I counted correctly we've drafted 48 players since Ridley and White is the only RB. To argue that Bill values RB highly is a difficult argument.

What are the chances of the Patriots signing an RFA to an offer sheet
by Friday?

by Friday?
Could see Gillislee signed to one.
Competition never a bad thing.

by Friday?

If this year's principle of drafting in FA still holds - very good.
Gillislee fits and beats 5th rounders.
Depends on how he did in BB's pop quiz the other day..

Monday and counting :D

I really like this guy and would love for them to sign him to an offer sheet. I saw him a lot last year bc, you guessed it, Shady was my fantasy RB1 and he vultured a ton of short yardage. IMO, 100% chance he would've matched Blounts TD total, if given the same chances and is a much better short yardage back. Gets up to speed much more quickly than LB, who has to be one of the worst 240 pound short yardage backs in history.

Maybe even more so, however, I am just dying for the patriots to make another roster move. I am in full-blown withdrawal and I'm not sure that I can make it to day 2 of the draft.

I really like this guy and would love for them to sign him to an offer sheet. I saw him a lot last year bc, you guessed it, Shady was my fantasy RB1 and he vultured a ton of short yardage. IMO, 100% chance he would've matched Blounts TD total, if given the same chances and is a much better short yardage back. Gets up to speed much more quickly than LB, who has to be one of the worst 240 pound short yardage backs in history.

Maybe even more so, however, I am just dying for the patriots to make another roster move. I am in full-blown withdrawal and I'm not sure that I can make it to day 2 of the draft.

Blount had the most rushing touchdowns in the last 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back