PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats host Bills RFA RB Mike Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blount had the most rushing touchdowns in the last 7 years.

I know that and it's an impressive number but it was really a number driven by opportunity, rather than his unique talents.

I know that and it's an impressive number but it was really a number driven by opportunity, rather than his unique talents.

No other running backs in the last 7 years had opportunities to score?

At this stage of LG's career, I would tend to go with youth over stats/age........BB is always planning a year or two ahead....

At this stage of LG's career, I would tend to go with youth over stats/age........BB is always planning a year or two ahead....

I am merely responding to the proposition that a backup woul 100% score more Tds than Blount last year.

I like Gillislie too, but no need to go over the top.

Love this. A bit surprised at the serious offer. Now we wait.

I guess it's so long to Blount. He had his shot.

BB has changed a lot of his philosophies this season:

1. Our outside CBs in the nickel look to be both 6'+. That's gotta be a first.

2. Trading a 1st round pick for a WR (valuing WR that heavily).

3. Paying RBs. That'd be 7 million between Gillislee & Burkhead. We haven't paid a RB 3 million+ since 2010 & may pay two this year.

Interesting offseason.

I guess it's so long to Blount. He had his shot.
Definitely looks like it could be over - Blount in Buffalo with McCoy could work actually. At this money I think I'd have just drafted a guy. But whatever, it's all good - and I think Bill values "f*cking with the division" at around $500K of the contract. He just seems to enjoy it.

Bills would be stupid to match after signing DiMarco and Tolbert and having McCoy as the #1.

BB has changed a lot of his philosophies this season:

1. Our outside CBs in the nickel look to be both 6'+. That's gotta be a first.

2. Trading a 1st round pick for a WR (valuing WR that heavily).

3. Paying RBs. That'd be 7 million between Gillislee & Burkhead. We haven't paid a RB 3 million+ since 2010 & may pay two this year.

Interesting offseason.

I would add

4. Paying top dollar to guys who weren't on the team last year.

Based on reading Reiss for years, my impression is that the Patriots are careful about cultural shifts that result from paying "new guys" better than their current guys. With Burkhead and Gillislee on board, James White must be feeling ___________. [He's on the end of his rookie deal and will take home $690k salary this season].

I was waffling on whether to continue with this thread, or start a new thread with today's news. Since the topic has changed from a visit to an offer, hopefully everyone won't mind continuing the discussion here:

Patriots extend offer to Bills RFA RB Mike Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back