Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is most deserving of enshirement to Pats Hall of Fame in 2017?

• Julius Adams

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Raymond Clayborn

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Russ Francis

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Rodney Harrison

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Matt Light

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Fred Marion

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Richard Seymour

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Neville, an outstanding Offensive tackle of the first 10 years of the team
In terms of leadership, experience and toughness, it was a total shock and downer when Fairbanks let Tom go in '78 training camp. Maybe the biggest until Lawyer in '03.

But of course, then the team went on to set the NFL rushing record which still stands today. But Tom is a favorite.
th

wasn't Sam's fault. Shoulder injury excuse is a myth.

Sideline yard marker was moved; Sam ran past it, no way he could have known.

Pats just short of first down after measurement.

On a side note, anyone who thinks Wikipedia is not anti-Patriots, besides noting extravagant descriptions of CameraLocationGate [wiki refuses to acknowledge that alternative, and most accurate, name] and DefameGate [ditto] with lots of quotes from CHBF presented as some sort of substantive supporting reference, ZERO mention is made under "Ben Dreith" of the single worst and most game-affecting, justice-damaging and championship-altering call in sports history, made by him, after deciding to count the dandelions while Russ Francis was being suffocated during the previous series.
True that Viliapiano held Francis! Hamilton contact was minor but my memory sees Bam skipping out of bounds 2 yards short of the yard markers with no attempt to remain in bounds. Even if no first down was made, valuable time would have gone off the clock making Dreith unnecessary.

Seymour (8 yrs) and Light (11 yrs)

Foundation pieces during the Patriots first decade of true greatness...including 3 rings and the 16-0 season.
Plug and play....and win...starting with their 2001 rookie season...no coincidence.

Those are the three I want to see in.
Surprise!

Look what I found on Wikipedia, under "Cheating":

The 2007 National Football League videotaping controversy, in which the New England Patriots were found to have video taped an opposing team from an unapproved location while trying to obtain defensive signals... However, there was cheating proven by the Denver Broncos during their back to back titles in the late 90's to circumvent the league's salary cap and obtain and retain players that they would otherwise not have been able to.

This will probably be deleted by the time you see it, but I swear I'm not making it up.

Surprise, surprise a media member posts on the Patriots website a column extolling the virtues of Bill Parcells and why he should already be in the Pats Hall of Fame. John Rooke even goes so far as to imply that Parcells is responsible for Bill Belichick's success.

View from Above: Playing the Fame game

Uggh. I'm not sure what drives me more crazy: this media love-fest for Parcells, or the arrogant scolding directed towards anybody that disagrees. (Rooke: "I've found the anti-Parcells sentiment to be narrow-sighted and petty.")

Surprise, surprise a media member posts on the Patriots website a column extolling the virtues of Bill Parcells and why he should already be in the Pats Hall of Fame. John Rooke even goes so far as to imply that Parcells is responsible for Bill Belichick's success.

View from Above: Playing the Fame game

Uggh. I'm not sure what drives me more crazy: this media love-fest for Parcells, or the arrogant scolding directed towards anybody that disagrees. (Rooke: "I've found the anti-Parcells sentiment to be narrow-sighted and petty.")
Mike Holovak, Chuck Fairbanks and Raymond Berry are not in the Patriots "Hall of Fame".

I've even come around to like and appreciate Bill Parcells, his accomplishments (in both stints) as a Patriots coach, and his contributions to the game.

But I'm not a complete, total, stupid, ignorant moron...this disqualifies me from being on Kraft's selection committee...and from being an NFL employee.

If nothing else bring people like Raymond Berry to Gillette and honor them in a pre-game or halftime ceremony with an anniversary celebration.
Like, oh, say, the surviving members of the 1976 Patriots, one of the best NFL teams ever, on their fortieth anniversary [last year]

Adams is now the third player (along with Jim Nance and Houston Antwine) that should have been enshrined earlier and sadly passed away first.
I would like to believe that the fact that Nance, Antwine and Adams are all African-American is a total coincidence, and has nothing to do with their similar treatment by Kraft's committee.

But I am in absolutely no position whatsoever to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back